Cameron Malzer scores 1000

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Cameron Malzer scores 1000

Postby smooth » Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:06 pm

Congrats to Malzer, 6'0 Junior went over 1000 career points in a win over Underwood Friday night.

I watched this kid play in the McLean county tourney, he is one of the best class B players I have seen in many years, probably since Travis Kraft.
smooth
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Cameron Malzer scores 1000

Postby Nodak Guy » Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:37 am

Congrats to him.

So you are saying that the best player you have seen in the past 10 years is this kid? Wow!!! You must not get out of TLM very often...
Nodak Guy
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby nativegolfer » Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:16 am

Nodak Guy wrote:Congrats to him.

So you are saying that the best player you have seen in the past 10 years is this kid? Wow!!! You must not get out of TLM very often...

hahaha, good one Nodak!
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby biggest ticket » Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:15 pm

Congrats to Cameron Malzer going over a thousand points for his career. He is one of the more talented players I have seen in over 15 years of basketball in ND. He has range, quicks, nice handles and a good basketball IQ. If he keeps improving he should be able to get NDSU or the equivalent to look at him.
biggest ticket
NDPreps Starter

Postby smooth » Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:28 pm

Nodak guy, How many kids have you seen play have over 1000 points with half of their junior year and full senior season left? Where did you see him play? Let me guess you haven't. If you had you would not of made that reply. If you have seen him play, you have no clue what basketball talent is.
smooth
NDPreps Reserve

Postby greatest » Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:39 pm

i think wat nodak is tryin to say is that ur goin a little overboard . there has been 5 players from region 8 alone in the last 3 years to score 1000 points during their junior year . so its not unheard of and doesnt make him the greatest player since 1998 . he is extremely talented tho , and many congratulations to him , but lets not get carried away .
The One and The Only, Quite Simply The GREATEST.
greatest
NDPreps Starter

Postby cubsfan » Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:44 pm

smooth wrote:

Nodak guy, How many kids have you seen play have over 1000 points with half of their junior year and full senior season left? Where did you see him play? Let me guess you haven't. If you had you would not of made that reply. If you have seen him play, you have no clue what basketball talent is.

Let me ask you this question: how good of a defender is he? How good of a passer is he? How good of a help side defender is he? How strong is he? How good of a leader is he? How quick is he? If he is all these he might go d-1 because he is only about 6'1.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby balla45 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:24 pm

He is one of the best guards I have played against, and I have played against some pretty decent guards. He is right up there with anyone of them. He has good defense. His passing is way above average. Help side defense doesn't really matter, that is all about coaching. I don't know how strong he is, but that is one of the easiest things to develop at college. He seems to be a good leader, considering he has been doing it for 2 or 3 years. He is quicker than most. Whether or not he goes D-1 or not is almost impossible to speculate on. He has another summer and another season. 6'1 shouldn't hurt him alot, considering there are not alot of 6'5 points guards in college anymore. 6'3 is coming to be the average height for shooting guards, considering players like Mayo are considered huge at 6'5 point guard.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby baller01 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:31 pm

Congrats Cam. Keep it up. You're my boy.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Nodak Guy » Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:42 am

smooth wrote:

I have seen him play about a dozen times in the past couple of years. He can shoot it, that's for sure. He'll only defend at times, so he has some work to do. I could name a ton of kids that have more talent than him. Let's see....ever heard of a guy from MPCG called Craig Nelson? Oh yeah, I think there was a stud at Linton, too, by the name of Kyle Carr. Didn't he surpass 1000 pts. his Sophomore year? But what do I know? Obviously not basketball talent.

Now get back to your junior high study hall and learn some ND BB history...
Nodak Guy
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby lionstigersandbears » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:56 pm

Nodak Guy wrote:
smooth wrote:

I have seen him play about a dozen times in the past couple of years. He can shoot it, that's for sure. He'll only defend at times, so he has some work to do. I could name a ton of kids that have more talent than him. Let's see....ever heard of a guy from MPCG called Craig Nelson? Oh yeah, I think there was a stud at Linton, too, by the name of Kyle Carr. Didn't he surpass 1000 pts. his Sophomore year? But what do I know? Obviously not basketball talent.

Now get back to your junior high study hall and learn some ND BB history...

this is getting pretty "catty" GUYS! Smooth...we get it...he's good. A junior with a 1000 career points halfway through the season has some skills for sure and it's obvious you respect the kid's talent...enough said. Nodak guy...you "obviously know good basketball talent" with your stellar knowledge of Craig Nelson and Kyle Carr but this deal with Malzer sounds personal. Pull out your fangs and give credit where it's due!
lionstigersandbears

Return to Boys