North Border vs Munich-Starkweather

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: North Border vs Munich-Starkweather

Postby baseballlvr » Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:55 pm

NATURAL TALENT wrote:
toughregion2 wrote:I dont think they quite kept Riley out of it he was the leading scorer with 23 points. The thing is that you cant just have one guy run your transition game and North Border shut down the rest of it. If i remeber right Strommer hit the first bucket of the game with a 3-0 munich lead and never touched the books again. That was a big factor.

The kid only averages about 4-5ppg, I dont think he was a big factor. I think a bigger factor would be the center scoring 4 pts or heck, nobody besides Riley scoring more than 6........

Schommer plays a pretty big part. He's probably the main ball handler besides riley, and is a threat from the outside. he doesn't get that many points i guess, but it looked like he was pretty good on defense...As for MS's center, i hear he doesn't score much, but plays good defense as well. It looked like he held Smith pretty well, and it looked like Smith was pretty good. As for wright being the weakest link on the team...he was. He couldn't play defense because of the huge mismatch, and he couldn't shoot, but he's so used to guarding a point guard about the same size as him, and pressing him up the floor the whole time. You're not going to have a player that short from NB (3rd ranked in the state).
baseballlvr
NDPreps Starter

Postby toughregion2 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:56 pm

Well you should of saw Dakota Prairie play MS and now you saw North Border
How do they compare
These are being talked as 2 of the top teams in Region 2
toughregion2

Postby luciloo07 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:31 pm

toughregion2 wrote:I dont think they quite kept Riley out of it he was the leading scorer with 23 points. The thing is that you cant just have one guy run your transition game and North Border shut down the rest of it. If i remeber right Strommer hit the first bucket of the game with a 3-0 munich lead and never touched the books again. That was a big factor.

Actually...Mr. Richard Wright had the first bucket...a three...then NB went down the floor and got one...and then Trevor Schommer hit another one on MS's second trip. They started strong but just let the back and forth go one way for NB too long.
luciloo07
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baseballlvr » Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:23 pm

toughregion2 wrote:Well you should of saw Dakota Prairie play MS and now you saw North Border
How do they compare
These are being talked as 2 of the top teams in Region 2

compare them how...as to who will win? NB would win by far! DP can't last the game, no offense, but i don't think that they'd be able to keep up with NB, because NB is a run and gun team just like MS. I think that Smith will be able to cover and score on kueber easily enough, I don't know who would match up against nichols...probably keller. I don't think that DP will be able to handle Carpenter and Chale. That's just what i think. If anybody disagrees, let me know
baseballlvr
NDPreps Starter

Postby shooter » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:01 am

DP will give NB some issues with Nichols and Keuber, but DP will not be able to handle Carpenter or Chale or Smith. Back to MS, Riley may have scored all those points, but very few came the way he normally scores, which is in transition. If I remember correctly, I think he hit 4 3's, which isn't his strength. Carpenter sagged off him and dared him to shoot. If he would have stepped up and guarded him, he maybe would have driven around him but then help would have come. MS was a one man show and NB is a fairly complete team. The team will win every time.
shooter
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseballlvr » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:48 pm

shooter wrote:DP will give NB some issues with Nichols and Keuber, but DP will not be able to handle Carpenter or Chale or Smith. Back to MS, Riley may have scored all those points, but very few came the way he normally scores, which is in transition. If I remember correctly, I think he hit 4 3's, which isn't his strength. Carpenter sagged off him and dared him to shoot. If he would have stepped up and guarded him, he maybe would have driven around him but then help would have come. MS was a one man show and NB is a fairly complete team. The team will win every time.

But that's MS's main game. driving in and passing off for the layup. Carpenter took that away from riley and made him shoot threes. If he would have driven, sure help would have came, but that help probably would have been mike smith, and riley would have handed it of to MS's center. I mean, if help comes, there's always somebody open.
baseballlvr
NDPreps Starter

Postby shooter » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:59 pm

I agree 100%. That's actually what I meant. The fact that NB didn't let him drive and dish shows how they took away MS's strength and forced them to do other things. The fact that Beck answered the call and knocked down the 3 is a testament to his ability.
shooter
NDPreps All-Conference

Previous

Return to Boys