St.John

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: St.John

Postby nadal11 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:20 pm

Indians Alumni wrote:
thabasics wrote:the best one would have to be

New Rockford and New Rockford beat Four Winds

FW is going to be St Johns, I am going to put that out there!

I dont think so, 4W could barely beat lakota! so i dont think so...
nadal11

Postby Mr. Knowitall » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:43 pm

nadal11 wrote:
Indians Alumni wrote:
thabasics wrote:the best one would have to be

New Rockford and New Rockford beat Four Winds

FW is going to be St Johns, I am going to put that out there!

I dont think so, 4W could barely beat lakota! so i dont think so...

In the end a win is a win, whether it's by 1 point or 30. They'll take it being a relatively young team, especially after being down by about 15 points before the 4th quarter.
Experience tells you what to do; confidence allows you to do it.
Mr. Knowitall
NDPreps Starter

Postby nadal11 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:50 pm

Duke69 wrote:isnt st.johns a college team i thought we were talking about high school teams. WEll in that case the Bison are really good and they have a chance to win there conference. Ben Woodside is the man

yea the st. johns red storm in new york! there is no st. johns bison???? woodside plays for ndsu!
nadal11

Postby Squirrels23 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:57 pm

Ya me either thats a long plane ride to North Dakota
Squirrels23

Postby Hinsa » Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:50 pm

Duke69 is on a 2 week vacation from this site. Bye Bye.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby Squirrels23 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:43 pm

Hinsa wrote:Duke69 is on a 2 week vacation from this site. Bye Bye.

THats ok i still have Squirrel23
Squirrels23

Postby cubsfan » Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:31 pm

Squirrels23 wrote:
Hinsa wrote:Duke69 is on a 2 week vacation from this site. Bye Bye.

THats ok i still have Squirrel23

Not anymore!
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby MGUNVILLE » Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:03 pm

ST.JOHN LOST TO LEEDS MINNEWAUKIN BY 3. ROLLA BEAT MINNEWAUKIN LEEDS BY 24. ANY COMMENTS
MGUNVILLE

Postby wjo » Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:57 pm

Haven't heard much from the St. John crew lately?? Guess losing 4 of last 5 must be hard to swallow after that 9-0 start.
luckyinlife wrote:I'm curious. . . St. John's is undefeated so they are obviously doing some things right. For you guys to think that they are overrated, you must think they have some serious faults. The only thing you mention is that they are not winning by big margins. The last time I checked, a win was a win.

So what are their weaknesses?
wjo

Postby Indians Alumni » Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:01 am

Ouch! Well, I think they know that they are not doing too well, I would be in the same boat if FW was doing poorly!
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndlionsfan » Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:12 am

I don't think St John is playing all that badly, its just that they've hit a tough stretch in their schedule. Their first 9 games were relatively easy, but their last 10 of the season are brutal. I figured they might lose 6 of their last 10, but if they won most of them they'd be my pick for the region title. Right now they're right about where I'd thought they'd be. Could pull off some upsets come tourney time, tho!
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndlionsfan » Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:49 pm

That's exactly what I said in my post....they needed to win most of their recent tough games in order to be a legitimate contender for the region crown. They still could be a sleeper if they pick it up soon.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby number33 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:45 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:That's exactly what I said in my post....they needed to win most of their recent tough games in order to be a legitimate contender for the region crown. They still could be a sleeper if they pick it up soon.

most of st johns wins were against easy teams but now they are starting to play tougher teams and yeah they are way overated they lost like 4 in a row of their last games including FW and BR By about 20...
number33
NDPreps Reserve

Postby MGUNVILLE » Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:55 am

I of the problems i see with St. John is they have a decent first 5 but don't have much of a bench. When you get to the better teams they can go 3 or 4 deep and not lose to much.
MGUNVILLE

Previous

Return to Boys