District 5 tossup?

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: District 5 tossup?

Postby mdk23 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:05 pm

I wouldn't put an upset out of the question, LMM has the team to do it, but I don't see it it happening. LMM is having a good run, but I just can't see them pulling it off. However, I do think it will be much closer than their first meeting. If I had to predict a score for this one, I'd say 68-60.
"I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying." Michael Jordan
mdk23
NDPreps Starter

Postby poweraidman » Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:33 pm

im gonna go out on a limb here, i say lmm by 5. they have won 8 out of their last nine, and beat a pretty good kulm team, but i wouldnt doubht if lamoure blew them away again but i dont think its going to happen
poweraidman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndsportsfan24 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:59 pm

hoopsstar2391 wrote:
NC_408 wrote:
Iron Scope wrote:LaMoure has got Stemen and Aberle off the bench, and Hample will be ok if LaMoure gets into that much foul trouble, so i would say they have developed a serviceable bench. And LaMoure held BCN to like 30 points without one of their very good defenders in Schrader. And the only team in the region i can see knocking off LaMoure is a team like Steele-Dawson that can handle the defensive pressure LaMoure gives. LaMoure has the most fundamental defense i have seen in a long time.

I cant remember the exact score of this game but i do remember that BCN took Lamoure out of their element. They did not let them run the court on them and they took a lot of time with each possession which is why it was such a low scoring game. Yes, schrader was not playing but BCN was also without one of their starters due to injury. I think it would be a very exciting game if these two teams were to meet again. Not saying that BCN would beat them but there is a possibility that it could happen. Thats why district 5 is so exciting for me it seems to me like almost any team can beat any other team on any given night.

I cant see BCN doing what they did against LaMoure without Bartlett. I think BCN without Bartlett is in bad shape.

bcn without bartlett is in bad shape...but the players they have have played together since fifth grade...anderson and the other two seniors, and heinze, magee, and baumann-off the bench...they might be able to stay with teams..idk about lamoure but they have a good chance of making regions as long as they play together and take care of the ball---teamwork is the key after losing bartlett
ndsportsfan24

Postby poweraidman » Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:18 pm

Kulm beat Ellendale tonight locking in the number 2 seed. And lamoure beat lmm tonight so where does that put lmm at?
poweraidman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby mdk23 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:27 am

I had predicted the Lamoure LMM game to be close. Boy was I wrong. LMM didn't come to play like I thought they would. They got out hustled, and had turnovers that killed them early. Lamoure wasn't as sharp as I've seen but the did what they needed to get it done. I still don't think they are the second best team in the state, I still see a few weaknesses that could be exposed. I believe LMM will lock in the 3 seed, but theres a possibility the drop to 4.
mdk23
NDPreps Starter

Postby poweraidman » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:51 am

well i think central prarie has the 3rd seed if they beat edgeley on thursday, so i dont think lmm can get the 3rd seed, they will be either 4th or 5th
poweraidman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndsportsfan24 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:26 am

where are the bottom four seeds at right now?
ndsportsfan24

Postby mdk23 » Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:21 am

So LaMoure "officially" loses their first game tonight. Props to Linton. I was among a few on this thread that may have seen this coming. My question now is, does this type of loss make a team stronger heading into the postseason? Will Lamoure benefit from losing tonight? Will they use it to get their focus back or will the be the start of a downfall?
mdk23
NDPreps Starter

Postby munson11 » Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:04 am

Somehow I doubt it's the start of some treacherous downfall. If anything it will clear their heads for the tourneys.
munson11

Postby hoopsstar2391 » Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:19 am

Does anyone know the Edgeley-Central Prarie score???
hoopsstar2391
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby poweraidman » Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:35 pm

If LaMoure would have won or lost that game, i dont think it makes it much different, they may have more drive to redeem themselves but i dont think it will make them any better of a team. And as for the Central Prarie vs. Edgeley game, i guess edgeley was up by 1 with 3 mintutes left, and lost by about 10..so now its edgeley vs. ellendale in the play in game at edgeley tuesday night.
poweraidman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby hoopsstar2391 » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:40 pm

The district meeting was today and the seedings are out.

#1 LaMoure
#2 Ellendale/Edgeley winner

#4 LMM
#5 BCN

#3 Cental Prarie
#6 P-B-K

#2 Kulm
#7 Tappen
hoopsstar2391
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby poweraidman » Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:35 am

hoopsstar2391 wrote:The district meeting was today and the seedings are out.

#1 LaMoure
#2 Ellendale/Edgeley winner

#4 LMM
#5 BCN

#3 Cental Prarie
#6 P-B-K

#2 Kulm
#7 Tappen

i pick edgeley over ellendale, and then lamoure over edgeley
lmm over bcn, then lamoure over lmm
central prarie over pbk, kulm over tappen, then kulm over central prarie.
The teams that will make it to regions will be, LaMoure, Kulm, Central Prarie, and most likely LMM. Edgeley did almost beat central prarie so idk maybe they may do something, but doubhtful. And BCN could maybe pull of an upset but again..doubhtful.
poweraidman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby toast36 » Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:15 pm

BCN would have had a lot better shot at making it to regions with Bartlett. I don't know how much better you can do when you lose your leading scorer and who is also leading your team in assists and steals. He wasn't the whole team but a pretty big part of it. They're only sophomores so I can't see how they're getting worse each year. But BCN did as best they could without Bartlett.
toast36
NDPreps Reserve

Postby point/center » Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:17 pm

bash a player by name and it's deleted and your account is locked.
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Previous

Return to Boys