District 5 tossup?

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

District 5 tossup?

Postby poweraidman » Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:22 pm

Well we all know that this is going to be a major tossup for the number 3 and down seeds. Lamoure will #1 and Kulm will be #2 But who is next i really cant make a prediction any thoughts?
poweraidman
NDPreps All-Conference

Re: District 5 tossup?

Postby hoopsstar2391 » Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:28 pm

poweraidman wrote:Well we all know that this is going to be a major tossup for the number 3 and down seeds. Lamoure will #1 and Kulm will be #2 But who is next i really cant make a prediction any thoughts?

Haha, so Kulm is a given now huh??? Why do you think their such a lock for the #2 seed????
hoopsstar2391
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby poweraidman » Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:42 pm

i really dont think any other district team can beat them.
poweraidman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby hoopsstar2391 » Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:45 pm

poweraidman wrote:i really dont think any other district team can beat them.

How would you know??? Have you seen all 7 of the other district teams play???? I highly doubt that Kulm will go the season with only a loss to LaMoure.
hoopsstar2391
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby poweraidman » Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:47 pm

ok then who is going to beat them? Besides kulm and lamoure, this district is really down for talent this year.
poweraidman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby hoopsstar2391 » Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:51 pm

poweraidman wrote:ok then who is going to beat them? Besides kulm and lamoure, this district is really down for talent this year.

Oh Kulm is just loaded with talent arent they???? Anybody could beat them. Kulm isnt this loaded team that your making them sound to be.
hoopsstar2391
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby poweraidman » Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:54 pm

haha calm down dude, i never said they were loaded im just saying that the other teams arent, you must really hate kulm lol, but i really think no other district team will beat them, i may be wrong but most likely not. But seriously, your just saying bad things about kulm but you still havent said who can beat them now have you? Thats the ? i asked you
poweraidman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby hoopsstar2391 » Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:00 am

I dont hate Kulm, i just hate it when people think their team is just all-mighty. I did answer your question, i said anybody, and if you dont know what that means, it means BCN, LMM, CP, Tappen, Edgeley, Ellendale, PBK. But for real i think LMM, BCN, and Kulm will contend for the #2 seed. These teams have just as much talent as Kulm does, if not more.
hoopsstar2391
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby poweraidman » Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:06 am

ok 1st of all i have more than just kulm as my team, I just think kulm is underrated this year, and what do you mean bcn has as much talent as kulm? bcn has 2 above average sophmores, and that anderson kid who is decent. just to match them up, Kulm has Lindgren to match anderson(not even comparable), Knudson(who is better than both sophomors, but dont get me wrong bartlett and hienze are good players) and same with Anderson and Toay, Thats what i mean i dont think any other team has very much talent Lmm lost to central prarie, and then almost beat bcn, idk i just dont think any of those teams can contend with kulm and lamoure, thats just my opinion. But looking at teams i think bcn will probly be 3rd in the district, and lmm, or pbk 4, the rest is a tossup Edgeley beat ellendale tonight, and tappen well, they are tappen haha
poweraidman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby hoopsstar2391 » Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:10 am

I cant believe you think Knudson is better than Bartlett or Heinze. Wow you obviously dont know what talent is. Anderson is a lot better than decent, and we shall see if your high and mighty Kulm walks right through the district.
hoopsstar2391
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby sportsguy2 » Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:53 am

poweraidman wrote:ok 1st of all i have more than just kulm as my team, I just think kulm is underrated this year, and what do you mean bcn has as much talent as kulm? bcn has 2 above average sophmores, and that anderson kid who is decent. just to match them up, Kulm has Lindgren to match anderson(not even comparable), Knudson(who is better than both sophomors, but dont get me wrong bartlett and hienze are good players) and same with Anderson and Toay, Thats what i mean i dont think any other team has very much talent Lmm lost to central prarie, and then almost beat bcn, idk i just dont think any of those teams can contend with kulm and lamoure, thats just my opinion. But looking at teams i think bcn will probly be 3rd in the district, and lmm, or pbk 4, the rest is a tossup Edgeley beat ellendale tonight, and tappen well, they are tappen haha

kulm is mediocre nothing better they are capable to go down any game...bcn is just as good and lmm and pbk arn't playing great but i expect them to pick up their games and pick up a few wins...kulm, bcn, lmm, and pbk should be all mentioned in the same breath when it comes down to the #2 seed in the district and it will probably come down to the final couple of games...sure kulm could end up the 2 seed but don't give it to them yet they have just started their district schedule and are 1-1...the district is really down this year
sportsguy2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby crank ya soulja boy » Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:44 pm

i think i'm gonna have to go with four winds in this region and every other region in the state. the state tournament is already scheduled it is four winds vs. four winds in every game
crank ya soulja boy

Postby Dr.Love » Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:00 pm

poweraidman wrote:ok then who is going to beat them? Besides kulm and lamoure, this district is really down for talent this year.

Lamoure schould be 1 but after that it's anyones guess.With some real young players starting on most of these teams it will be who improves as the season goes on. I've seen some nice talent in this dist.and believe Kulm,BCN,LMM,PBK or any of the others could give Lamoure a battle.Remember last year Tappen gave them all they could handle 1st round dist.and we know what happened after that.
Dr.Love
NDPreps Reserve

Postby sportsguy2 » Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:14 pm

Dr.Love wrote:

Lamoure schould be 1 but after that it's anyones guess.With some real young players starting on most of these teams it will be who improves as the season goes on. I've seen some nice talent in this dist.and believe Kulm,BCN,LMM,PBK or any of the others could give Lamoure a battle.Remember last year Tappen gave them all they could handle 1st round dist.and we know what happened after that.

i dont know if they can give lamoure a battle...i think lamoure will pretty much walk through this year but if any team was to beat them i would give Linton the best chance...i dont think any team this year in district 5 will play them real tough unless shockman gets in foul trouble early in the game and he's doing a better job of staying on the floor this year compared to last year
sportsguy2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby basketballer » Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:29 pm

LMM is one of those teams that will just improve as the season goes on, however from what i have seen this year in district 5 kulm is the best besides LaMoure.
basketballer

Postby Dr.Love » Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:15 pm

sportsguy2 wrote:
Dr.Love wrote:

i dont know if they can give lamoure a battle...i think lamoure will pretty much walk through this year but if any team was to beat them i would give Linton the best chance...i dont think any team this year in district 5 will play them real tough unless shockman gets in foul trouble early in the game and he's doing a better job of staying on the floor this year compared to last year

they thought that last year too,you still have to play the game
Dr.Love
NDPreps Reserve

Postby poweraidman » Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:01 pm

basketballer wrote:LMM is one of those teams that will just improve as the season goes on, however from what i have seen this year in district 5 kulm is the best besides LaMoure.

That is exactly why i think kulm is number 2. And yes if LMM improves they could suprise some people come district time, But as of now Kulm is number 2 in my mind. Now in the region idk the regional tournys could turn out any wich way if you ask me.
poweraidman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby poweraidman » Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:08 am

Now that kulm easily rolled past PBK and Tappen, does anyone think that they still wont be 2nd? Both PBK, and Tappen have the ability to be number 3.
poweraidman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Philnerius21 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:34 am

poweraidman wrote:Now that kulm easily rolled past PBK and Tappen, does anyone think that they still wont be 2nd? Both PBK, and Tappen have the ability to be number 3.

I'm confused poweraidman, before you said, "and tappen, well they are just tappen" or something in that manner. Now you say that they have ability to be 3rd? What exactly is tappen? Not saying you did say it, but if i remember right, i think u said that bcn and lmm should be third respectively. Did u have a change of heart for the tappen boys after friday? Looked to me like they had yur number till mittleider and the kapp kid got in some foul trouble early. Even with the Kapp kid playing only about 12-15 min he was able to hold lindgren to 4 points, while still giving up about 5 or 6 inches and 100 pounds. Lindgren was taken out of his game, i even watched him miss 2 or 3 little dumpers in the paint. Mittleider also looked like he knew what he needed to run early on yur D. He got hot with a couple lucky bounces of the ball on missed shots to him at three, but it seemed like everytime i heard him yell out a play they were either fouled or scoring buckets and when he could control the tempo of the game, such as getting to the hole when he wanted to or getting the ball down the floor and trying to make some happen. Not saying kulm is the only one hes done that to, it just that in the other games ive watched, he showed flashes of being able to read the D and call the rite offensive adjustment, just not as consistent. Now im not saying that Tappen is better than Kulm or that they are even the number 3 team in the district cuz after the stutsman games im not convinced tappen is quite ready. They still have alot to fix till tourney time. But but if yur gonna call Kulm the 2nd team in the district, they sure didnt show much on friday. But then again i guess "tappen is just tappen."
Philnerius21

Postby baseball » Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:12 am

Philnerius21 wrote:
poweraidman wrote:Now that kulm easily rolled past PBK and Tappen, does anyone think that they still wont be 2nd? Both PBK, and Tappen have the ability to be number 3.

I'm confused poweraidman, before you said, "and tappen, well they are just tappen" or something in that manner. Now you say that they have ability to be 3rd? What exactly is tappen? Not saying you did say it, but if i remember right, i think u said that bcn and lmm should be third respectively. Did u have a change of heart for the tappen boys after friday? Looked to me like they had yur number till mittleider and the kapp kid got in some foul trouble early. Even with the Kapp kid playing only about 12-15 min he was able to hold lindgren to 4 points, while still giving up about 5 or 6 inches and 100 pounds. Lindgren was taken out of his game, i even watched him miss 2 or 3 little dumpers in the paint. Mittleider also looked like he knew what he needed to run early on yur D. He got hot with a couple lucky bounces of the ball on missed shots to him at three, but it seemed like everytime i heard him yell out a play they were either fouled or scoring buckets and when he could control the tempo of the game, such as getting to the hole when he wanted to or getting the ball down the floor and trying to make some happen. Not saying kulm is the only one hes done that to, it just that in the other games ive watched, he showed flashes of being able to read the D and call the rite offensive adjustment, just not as consistent. Now im not saying that Tappen is better than Kulm or that they are even the number 3 team in the district cuz after the stutsman games im not convinced tappen is quite ready. They still have alot to fix till tourney time. But but if yur gonna call Kulm the 2nd team in the district, they sure didnt show much on friday. But then again i guess "tappen is just tappen."

70-44.....?? they didnt show you anything? just because Lindgren had 4 points you think they had a bad game? i would say 70 points in a high school game is pretty good and holding the other team to 44, also pretty good. held you to 25.8% shooting on 16-62 from the field to go along with them shooting 49.1% on 28-57. only thing i can see from a box score that they could improve is their foul shooting going only 13-23 and three-point shooting 1-9. and to say Mittlieder got to the hole when he wanted might be a stretch....getting to the hole = getting the to line, and he didnt shoot 1 free throw so i have to disagree with him doing what he wanted. maybe they did get fouled or score buckets when they got in the lane, but judging by the 26% shooting and only 14 free throws tells me that it didnt happen all that much. out-rebounded you 44-33 and showed the ability to find the open man by seeing they had 17 assists on 28 made FGs. showed defense forcing 18 turnovers (11 steals) to go along with 5 blocks.

so my question is..what didnt they show you??
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Philnerius21 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:46 pm

baseball wrote:
Philnerius21 wrote:

70-44.....?? they didnt show you anything? just because Lindgren had 4 points you think they had a bad game? i would say 70 points in a high school game is pretty good and holding the other team to 44, also pretty good. held you to 25.8% shooting on 16-62 from the field to go along with them shooting 49.1% on 28-57. only thing i can see from a box score that they could improve is their foul shooting going only 13-23 and three-point shooting 1-9. and to say Mittlieder got to the hole when he wanted might be a stretch....getting to the hole = getting the to line, and he didnt shoot 1 free throw so i have to disagree with him doing what he wanted. maybe they did get fouled or score buckets when they got in the lane, but judging by the 26% shooting and only 14 free throws tells me that it didnt happen all that much. out-rebounded you 44-33 and showed the ability to find the open man by seeing they had 17 assists on 28 made FGs. showed defense forcing 18 turnovers (11 steals) to go along with 5 blocks.

Who says you have to go the line. Ever heard of penetrating, getting the heart of the D, forcing a double, and dishing, weakening the D? You said before final scores dont always tell the story. Did u listen to the game? The last 3 minutes tappen had 3 or 4 of their guys on the bench and Kulm got a majority of their steals and 3 point plays in the last 2-3 min to finish the game. Shooting percentage i can see, but what i can also see is two of their shooters on the bench in foul trouble for some bone head mistakes. My lindgren point, poweraidman before has said that lindgren couldnt be stopped by shockman, shockman did it and so did a kid half the size of lindgren. What kulm didnt show me was full intensity for 32 min. Their passes are slow on the perimeter, mittleider had 3 or 4 steals alone that he was able to run in front of. I didnt say they had a bad game just there is stuff they need to work on to be the number two team in the district.
Philnerius21

Postby poweraidman » Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:44 am

Philnerius21 wrote:
baseball wrote:
Philnerius21 wrote:

Who says you have to go the line. Ever heard of penetrating, getting the heart of the D, forcing a double, and dishing, weakening the D? You said before final scores dont always tell the story. Did u listen to the game? The last 3 minutes tappen had 3 or 4 of their guys on the bench and Kulm got a majority of their steals and 3 point plays in the last 2-3 min to finish the game. Shooting percentage i can see, but what i can also see is two of their shooters on the bench in foul trouble for some bone head mistakes. My lindgren point, poweraidman before has said that lindgren couldnt be stopped by shockman, shockman did it and so did a kid half the size of lindgren. What kulm didnt show me was full intensity for 32 min. Their passes are slow on the perimeter, mittleider had 3 or 4 steals alone that he was able to run in front of. I didnt say they had a bad game just there is stuff they need to work on to be the number two team in the district.

1st of all id like to say, yes tappen is better than i thought they would be, 2nd, nobody stopped lindgren, he played like 10 min. in the game cause foul trouble. maybe 2 of the 5 fouls were actually fouls, but im not blaming the refs. ok you say he missed a couple, well he's only human hes bound to miss, and he never shot that much anyways, And when you have another post player scoring 27 i dont expect him to score more, the next against pbk lindgren and nitske had 17 a piece. Did you see kulm play pbk, idk what got into them but they finallaly realized that they could run the court effectively(in which they ran it as good as or better than lamoure does). After seeing that game, i would love to see them and lamoure play again. But back to the tappen game, Kulm just came out slow in the first, and blew it open the last 3. Idk what you are saying they had the majority of their steals the last 2-3 min. I think tappen might have outscored kulm in the last 2-3 min. Not saying anything bad about tappen, but even if their best players werent in foul trouble, dont use that as an excuse for loosing.
poweraidman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball » Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:07 am

dont put words in my mouth....i said getting to the hole = getting the line. theres a difference between getting the hole and getting in the lane....getting to the hole means you actually shoot the layup. if you get in the lane doesnt mean you get to the line, if you get to the hole...getting to the line comes with that.

"He got hot with a couple lucky bounces of the ball on missed shots to him at three, but it seemed like everytime i heard him yell out a play they were either fouled or scoring buckets and when he could control the tempo of the game, such as getting to the hole when he wanted to or getting the ball down the floor and trying to make some happen."

i did say you cant tell a game by a score, but you can make a pretty acurate assumption of the game by looking at box scores if you know the game....
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Philnerius21 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:39 pm

Yes the boxscores are a perfect way to tell how a game went if you werent there. You did your research to make me look like a moron, congrats. What i commented on was how the game felt when i was there and from what i had seen. I never had a chance to look at the papers yet to see the stats. I meant when he got to the hole that he got to the paint, i should have worded it different.

Poweraidman, nothing against Kulm, i was just saying they have stuff to work on like every other team in the district does. After watching the pbk game i see no reason why kulm cant be the legit number two seed. They are tough with their height and depth off the bench. I think they will be ready and have all their kinks ironed out.

After watching randall torch the whole tournament and basically outscore 3 teams in the tourney himself. What team is gonna bring a defensive game plan to stop him. Carrington beat them, but Randall still had his 20+.
Philnerius21

Postby poweraidman » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:28 pm

well now that edgeley beat tappen, and beating ellendale earlier, will they be in the play in game, or actually make it to districts?
poweraidman
NDPreps All-Conference

Next

Return to Boys