Richland Colts

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Richland Colts

Postby homer » Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:54 pm

northern cass played very well last night from what i heard from a nc parent probably the best that they have shot all year from 3-point land and also very well overall they are very quick and thats the way it is it is tourney time 6 seeds play well this time of year noone is safe
homer
NDPreps Starter

Postby digger » Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:55 pm

Richland is playing well, just like they have all year long. I expect Richland v. Hankinson to be a great game, wish I could be there. As far as Richland's game with Northern Cass last night. I didn't see it but I can take a reasonable guess at what happened. Richland's achilles heel is that they are prone to turnovers if you can exert pressure on their guards. Park Christian beat Richland a couple of weeks ago because they can pressure your ballhandlers all game long. They forced a number of midcourt turnovers that turned into transition scores, and they kept the ball out of Thompson's and Erbes' hands. One thing Northern Cass has is quick guards. I bet Lako had a good game, and they probably forced Richland's ballhandlers into some turnovers that NC capitalized on. A close score doesn't always mean much other than some teams match up better with some than with others. A very quick team that can apply alot of pressure will give Richland some problems.
digger
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby booyah » Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:42 am

Richland 57
Hankinson 58 after double overtime
booyah
NDPreps Starter

Postby BradyMadsenfromCCHS » Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:02 pm

A loss is a loss doesnt matter how close it is
BradyMadsenfromCCHS

Postby homer » Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:41 am

that is something to remember bradymadsenfromcchs
homer
NDPreps Starter

Postby booyah » Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:50 am

i think central cass has something against the richland boys....they better hope they can back their talk up.
booyah
NDPreps Starter

Postby dogg » Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:15 am

I just wanted to send a compliment to the Richland team. I seen them play and I was very impressed with the boys attitudes on the court. There was that normal pushing & shoving, and even if someone was knocked down, the Richland player was always there to help the opposing team up & show great sportsmanship. You don't see that very often, so I guess the compliment goes to the coaching just as well.
dogg
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ClassBEast » Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:46 am

booyah wrote:i think central cass has something against the richland boys....they better hope they can back their talk up.

Please keep in mind this is just a few kids spouting off. Certainly not everyone at Central Cass has something against Richland and I'm sure Coach Roesler will make sure his team takes them very seriously if we play them again.
ClassBEast
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndbball15 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:20 pm

i think the richland colts team will make it to regions and play for third and fourth. I seen them play and they do not play like a team. if there point guard gets in foul trouble they have no one that can bring the ball down. they are not very deep on there bench at all. i went to the hankinson game and the same starting five played the second half and both overtimes. one member on there team likes to shot the ball all the time no matter how many people are on him not looking to pass to other team members who were wide open.
ndbball15

Postby Bison09 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:21 pm

Atually BradyMadsenfromCCHS is some idiot who keeps making up all these names and posts are unintelligent stuff cuz they thnk it is funny. So ignore all of his stupid posts
"We do not accept moral victories" Craig Bohl
Bison09
NDPreps Reserve

Postby homer » Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:12 pm

consider him ignored bison. and i wasnt at the game but got a pretty reliable report that there same 5 kept them in the game and said hankinson didnt sub a whole lot down the stretch either. and the player who didnt pass or wanted to shoot all the time was probably thompson who is probably in the running for senior athlete of the year in that district. but if you have a player who can take over a game like him or mauch they might want the ball in their hands i think mauch likes to be touching the ball down the stretch also
homer
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndbball15 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:59 am

i was at the richland vs hankinson game and viewed with my own eyes how there were times when that individual would shoot the ball and he would have people on them and there posts would be wide open. I would want my player who averages alot to shoot the ball but NOT when he has three guys on him. Hankinson put subs on the floor alot more than Richland. does the coach not have faith in his other players besides the starting five? Is this his first year? What happened to there old coach?
ndbball15

Postby gobison44 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:29 pm

Richland's former coach is now an assistant with Amy Ruley and the Bison women's team
gobison44
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Metron12610 » Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:08 pm

Yea, I don't know why in the world the coach would have his 5 best players in game as much as he can... I have also seen thompson play a few times this year. He actions speak for themselves.
Metron12610
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndbball15 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:45 am

Metron12610 wrote:Yea, I don't know why in the world the coach would have his 5 best players in game as much as he can... I have also seen thompson play a few times this year. He actions speak for themselves.

But when the starters are very tired and their shots are flat and short does that do the team any good. Or would it be a good idea to sub the players in and out more so they get rested and will not fall short when they are needed at the end of the game?
ndbball15

Postby BballFan1307 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:06 pm

ndbball15 wrote:i was at the richland vs hankinson game and viewed with my own eyes how there were times when that individual would shoot the ball and he would have people on them and there posts would be wide open. I would want my player who averages alot to shoot the ball but NOT when he has three guys on him. Hankinson put subs on the floor alot more than Richland. does the coach not have faith in his other players besides the starting five? Is this his first year? What happened to there old coach?

no offense to jacob, but i'm going to agree with ndbball15 here. yeah he had 16 points last night, but he shoots alot of bad shots.(5/10 2pfg) (2/10 3pt fg) it seems like he always drives into traffic and tried to throw somethin up. I think Jay Bachman and Erbes deserve alot more credit than they are getting. but congrats to richland on a great year, i expect them to be in the running for the region championship
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby point/center » Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:47 pm

BballFan1307 wrote:
ndbball15 wrote:i was at the richland vs hankinson game and viewed with my own eyes how there were times when that individual would shoot the ball and he would have people on them and there posts would be wide open. I would want my player who averages alot to shoot the ball but NOT when he has three guys on him. Hankinson put subs on the floor alot more than Richland. does the coach not have faith in his other players besides the starting five? Is this his first year? What happened to there old coach?

no offense to jacob, but i'm going to agree with ndbball15 here. yeah he had 16 points last night, but he shoots alot of bad shots.(5/10 2pfg) (2/10 3pt fg) it seems like he always drives into traffic and tried to throw somethin up. I think Jay Bachman and Erbes deserve alot more credit than they are getting. but congrats to richland on a great year, i expect them to be in the running for the region championship

ease up on Thompson. a miss isnt a bad shot selection in itself. No more than a make is not always a good shot to take. good/bad depends on the score/time/play.
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby BballFan1307 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:53 pm

point/center wrote:
BballFan1307 wrote:

ease up on Thompson. a miss isnt a bad shot selection in itself. No more than a make is not always a good shot to take. good/bad depends on the score/time/play.

i was at the game, and i wasnt trying to bash him, its just that yeah at the game last night, there were times where he'd try to shoot when he had drove in and 3 guys collapsed on him and he still tried to shoot. He did this quite a few times. He is a good player though.
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby point/center » Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:58 pm

I dont' have a problem with what you're saying. but if he makes those are they good shots? if he misses a wide open 10' is that a bad shot?
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby BballFan1307 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:04 pm

point/center wrote:I dont' have a problem with what you're saying. but if he makes those are they good shots? if he misses a wide open 10' is that a bad shot?

missing a ten foot wide open jumper is a great shot, but he didnt have any of those. he had some open threes... he made 2, he shot some contested threes...or some off balance. the 2's he made were layups or yes a pull up jumper in the lane. it just seems like he forces alot and could be a little more patient. but man, erbes has a SWeet shot. one of the smoothest jumpers i've seen.
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Metron12610 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:35 pm

Good players sometimes take shots that don't look like good ones. Good players don't get a lot of good shots because the defense is always keying on them, but scorers find ways to score. And yes, i have seen him in a couple games where he has force some shot, but also made a lot of them. (better that 50% from field) And we are talking about him scoring, but he is also a great passer. He makes alot of good things happen shooting and passing. Point is, he is a good player and is the key to richlands success.
BballFan1307 wrote:
point/center wrote:I dont' have a problem with what you're saying. but if he makes those are they good shots? if he misses a wide open 10' is that a bad shot?

missing a ten foot wide open jumper is a great shot, but he didnt have any of those. he had some open threes... he made 2, he shot some contested threes...or some off balance. the 2's he made were layups or yes a pull up jumper in the lane. it just seems like he forces alot and could be a little more patient. but man, erbes has a SWeet shot. one of the smoothest jumpers i've seen.
Metron12610
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndbball15 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:42 pm

BballFan1307 wrote:
point/center wrote:
BballFan1307 wrote:

i was at the game, and i wasnt trying to bash him, its just that yeah at the game last night, there were times where he'd try to shoot when he had drove in and 3 guys collapsed on him and he still tried to shoot. He did this quite a few times. He is a good player though.

I was also at last nights game and thompson is a good player. But I agree with BBallFan1307 when he would try to shoot with three people on him. There posts would be wide open. If I were Richland's posts I would be getting frustrated with not getting the ball. Erbes and Bachman can post and have awesome shots. If Thompson is going to shoot which he probably will let his posts get in position for the board just in case he misses....
ndbball15

Postby homer » Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:20 pm

oops
Bison17 wrote:I bet u Richland loses first round of regions to the 3rd seed out district 1
homer
NDPreps Starter

Postby ClassBEast » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:43 pm

homer wrote:oops
Bison17 wrote:I bet u Richland loses first round of regions to the 3rd seed out district 1

Well, they're done now.
ClassBEast
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby booyah » Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:46 am

ClassBEast wrote:
homer wrote:oops

Well, they're done now.

that they are...disappointing too. i was hoping for another richland - central cass nailbiter!
booyah
NDPreps Starter

Previous

Return to Boys