Fifth NDAPSSA Class 'B' Boys Basketball Poll

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Fifth NDAPSSA Class 'B' Boys Basketball Poll

Postby bballuvr » Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:01 am

hear you, might be able to agree with that.
bballuvr
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby nadal11 » Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:02 am

bballuvr wrote:hear you, might be able to agree with that.

well come on, it's the weirdest rule i've ever heard of, haha. honestly!
nadal11

Postby bballuvr » Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:06 am

Tell you what, I wouldn't mind a couple more games being allowed on the schedule overall. Minnesota can play 25-26 or so, something like that. Not that we need to increase that much, but there are many states that allow many more games. I'd love to see 22-24 or so and some would play that many and some wouldn't.
bballuvr
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby nadal11 » Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:07 am

scc wrote:Here's another way to look at it:

LaMoure's varsity does not play the game. No win or loss is awarded to LaMoure in either the overall or district record. However, LaMoure does not earn a district point. Compare this with what Grafton used to do in Class A. They would play all their regular season games against Class B teams. This did not mean they had a bunch of EDC losses. It only meant they didn't earn any conference points. As a result, they would enter the EDC tournament as the bottom seed.

that makes sense.
nadal11

Postby baseball » Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:36 am

bballuvr wrote:Tell you what, I wouldn't mind a couple more games being allowed on the schedule overall. Minnesota can play 25-26 or so, something like that. Not that we need to increase that much, but there are many states that allow many more games. I'd love to see 22-24 or so and some would play that many and some wouldn't.

last year Mater Dei had a record of like 48-1 or something like that. im not saying schedule 50 games but more then 19.....maybe 25
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby hp fan » Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:51 am

You guys are funny to read about, arguing the logic of 19 games vs. 20. Thanks for th entertainment.

I have a suggestion of a way to fix this. I think we all get that you can only have 19 varsity games. Correct me if I am wrong, but the problem with LaMoure stems from them getting an invite to the Hoopster shootout, correct??

What if the NDHSAA picked the hoopster shootout to be an "exhibition" game. Just so it does not count toward your 19 games. This would award those schools that have been successful, and not make them choose between going to an invited tourney (shootout) and drop someone on thier schdule, or have to turn down the invite.

I think if you are invited to something like this you should be able to go. If you just decide that you want to play team A because they are better and send your JV to team B because you can, you should be punished for that (count against your 19). Note: I understand the 19 rule, you don't have to go through the math for the 10th time!!!!!
hp fan

Postby nadal11 » Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:57 am

hp fan wrote:You guys are funny to read about, arguing the logic of 19 games vs. 20. Thanks for th entertainment.

I have a suggestion of a way to fix this. I think we all get that you can only have 19 varsity games. Correct me if I am wrong, but the problem with LaMoure stems from them getting an invite to the Hoopster shootout, correct??

What if the NDHSAA picked the hoopster shootout to be an "exhibition" game. Just so it does not count toward your 19 games. This would award those schools that have been successful, and not make them choose between going to an invited tourney (shootout) and drop someone on thier schdule, or have to turn down the invite.

I think if you are invited to something like this you should be able to go. If you just decide that you want to play team A because they are better and send your JV to team B because you can, you should be punished for that (count against your 19). Note: I understand the 19 rule, you don't have to go through the math for the 10th time!!!!!

amen to that, that's what i've been trying to say....
nadal11

Postby twoadays » Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:19 am

nadal11 wrote:
scc wrote:Are there any thoughts on who might be able to beat Watford City? They seem to be cruising right now.

parshal, hazen, dickinson trinity take your pick.

then you might as well throw center and Turtle lake in that mix. Center lost to Hazen by only 3 in OT and TL dominated Center in the McLean County tournament.
twoadays

Postby ndsportsfan14 » Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:54 pm

nadal11 wrote:
hp fan wrote:You guys are funny to read about, arguing the logic of 19 games vs. 20. Thanks for th entertainment.

amen to that, that's what i've been trying to say....

Once again Amen ha ha
ndsportsfan14
NDPreps All-State

Postby basketballer » Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:23 pm

nadal11 wrote:
scc wrote:Are there any thoughts on who might be able to beat Watford City? They seem to be cruising right now.

parshal, hazen, dickinson trinity take your pick.
Last edited by basketballer on Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
basketballer

Postby basketballer » Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:28 pm

nadal11 wrote:
poweraidman wrote:drop the subject, nothing you can do about it its perfectly legal.

shouldn't be, just an excuse not to play a bad team.

I doubt it was. If they wanted to drop a bad team there are some worser teams on their schedule to drop. The deciding factor was the fact that this was their last year and would prevent having to schedule two new team contract scheduling things instead they just have to replace one.
basketballer

Postby bballuvr » Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:10 pm

HP fan, not a bad idea. I agree with you on the concept. We would have to listen to some people saying it was an unfair advantage for some teams, but thats the way it is.
bballuvr
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby hp fan » Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:28 pm

bballuvr wrote:HP fan, not a bad idea. I agree with you on the concept. We would have to listen to some people saying it was an unfair advantage for some teams, but thats the way it is.

Very true, probably be the same teams that don't spend the effort to build a program. This would reward the good programs. Anybody who has played, coached, or been a parent knows that you don't build a program by accident. It takes dedication from those athletes, coaches, and parents. I just think the reward would be nice......... plus you could go watch the hoopster shootout and see lots of GREAT basketball. I don't know a true fan that would wouldn't want to enjoy that!!
hp fan

Postby jtdc492 » Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:12 pm

Hazen got beat by Kildeer last nite by 10. How do they rate a top ten team?
jtdc492
NDPreps All-State

Postby project-pat » Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:28 pm

jtdc492 wrote:Hazen got beat by Kildeer last nite by 10. How do they rate a top ten team?

I'm going to have to go with the fact that the poll was released before the game took place...that's just my guess...and who cares if they lost, that doesn't constitute that they don't deserve to be a top 10 team...and did anything happen to Erhardt and Sorenson? I saw that Sorenson only had 6 and Erhardt didn't even score...anything behind this?
project-pat

Postby nadal11 » Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:56 pm

project-pat wrote:
jtdc492 wrote:Hazen got beat by Kildeer last nite by 10. How do they rate a top ten team?

I'm going to have to go with the fact that the poll was released before the game took place...that's just my guess...and who cares if they lost, that doesn't constitute that they don't deserve to be a top 10 team...and did anything happen to Erhardt and Sorenson? I saw that Sorenson only had 6 and Erhardt didn't even score...anything behind this?

they had bad games maybe....?
nadal11

Postby nativegolfer » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:59 am

How can Parshall not be ranked? Doesn't having a solid record and being the DEFENDING STATE CHAMP get you any respect with the voters? They lost to Ryan and they are still ranked with one loss to a very average Dunseith team!
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Previous

Return to Boys