Fifth NDAPSSA Class 'B' Boys Basketball Poll

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby philshometown » Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:03 pm

Class 'B' Basketball Polls -

Released January 7, 2008
First Place Votes in Parenthesis

http://www.kmav.com/?page=sports_polls&id=118

Team Record Points Last Week
1 Watford City (9) 7-0 90 1
2 LaMoure 6-0 81 2
3 North Border 6-0 68 3
4 Hankinson 7-0 63 4
5 Bishop Ryan 5-1 42 5
6 Hazen 5-1 41 6
7 Lisbon 4-1 32 7
8 St. John 6-0 21 10
9 Dickinson Trinity 5-2 11 NR
10 Mohall-Lansford-Sherwood 5-1 10 9
TIE Richland 6-1 10 NR

Others Receiving Votes: Parshall (6-1), North Sargent (6-1), Steele-Dawson (5-1), Velva, Richardton-Taylor (6-1), Linton (6-2), Strasburg (9-1), Munich-Starkweather (6-1).
In basketball -- as in life -- true joy comes from being fully present in each and every moment, not just when things are going your way.

PHIL JACKSON, Sacred Hoops
philshometown
NDPreps Starter

Re: Fifth NDAPSSA Class 'B' Boys Basketball Poll

Postby baseball » Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:29 pm

linton is 5-3
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby nadal11 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:10 pm

LaMoure has lost a game to tappen.
nadal11

Postby baseball » Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:11 pm

nadal11 wrote:LaMoure has lost a game to tappen.

jv game
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby nadal11 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:14 pm

baseball wrote:

jv game

it still counts as a district game because lamoure wanted to play in a different tourney the same day, so it officially counts as a game.
nadal11

Postby basketballer » Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:19 pm

nadal11 wrote:
baseball wrote:

jv game

it still counts as a district game because lamoure wanted to play in a different tourney the same day, so it officially counts as a game.

on their jv record not varsity. ya it counts on their district record but not their varsity's record.
basketballer

Postby nadal11 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:20 pm

basketballer wrote:
nadal11 wrote:
baseball wrote:

jv game

on their jv record not varsity. ya it counts on their district record but not their varsity's record.

it should count on there overall record, they should have played the game.
nadal11

Postby nadal11 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:38 pm

No way dickinson trinity should be in the top 10 with two loses, too many good teams with one loss!
nadal11

Postby ndlionsfan » Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:08 pm

So when district standings are printed out, Lamoure will be something like 3-1 in the district but 9-0 overall?? Kinda messed up. I think that's a little risky basically giving up a district win to play in a nonconference tourney. That leaves the chance that Lamoure could lose the #1 seed in that district.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndlionsfan » Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:10 pm

baseball wrote:linton is 5-3

I don't understand why they're receiving votes. yeah, they're 3 losses are to very good teams but there are a lot more deserving teams out there right now. I think they're just getting votes because of the yearly success of their program and not based on this year's team.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby nadal11 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:12 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:
baseball wrote:linton is 5-3

I don't understand why they're receiving votes. yeah, they're 3 losses are to very good teams but there are a lot more deserving teams out there right now. I think they're just getting votes because of the yearly success of their program and not based on this year's team.

I agree completely.
nadal11

Postby basketballer » Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:14 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:So when district standings are printed out, Lamoure will be something like 3-1 in the district but 9-0 overall?? Kinda messed up. I think that's a little risky basically giving up a district win to play in a nonconference tourney. That leaves the chance that Lamoure could lose the #1 seed in that district.

Everyone in the district has a loss. Except maybe Tappen, but i expect them to get one loss in the district at least. LaMoure had a chance to play a top 5 (2) team, and they took the opportunity. It helps them in the long run to know how to play an elite team.
basketballer

Postby nadal11 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:17 pm

basketballer wrote:
ndlionsfan wrote:So when district standings are printed out, Lamoure will be something like 3-1 in the district but 9-0 overall?? Kinda messed up. I think that's a little risky basically giving up a district win to play in a nonconference tourney. That leaves the chance that Lamoure could lose the #1 seed in that district.

Everyone in the district has a loss. Except maybe Tappen, but i expect them to get one loss in the district at least. LaMoure had a chance to play a top 5 (2) team, and they took the opportunity. It helps them in the long run to know how to play an elite team.

tappen has 2 dist. losses, to bcn and steele i think.
nadal11

Postby basketballer » Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:21 pm

nadal11 wrote:
basketballer wrote:

K one to BCN, but I think everyone else has a district loss. So it isn't riskiing the #1 seed if they run the table. But don't you see where i am coming from i dont know if anyone would reject a chance to play in that shootout except maybe Linton who already has a very tough schedule.
basketballer

Postby nadal11 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:23 pm

basketballer wrote:
nadal11 wrote:
basketballer wrote:

K one to BCN, but I think everyone else has a district loss. So it isn't riskiing the #1 seed if they run the table. But don't you see where i am coming from i dont know if anyone would reject a chance to play in that shootout except maybe Linton who already has a very tough schedule.

yeah i feel ya man. good point.
nadal11

Postby baseball » Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:30 pm

nadal11 wrote:
basketballer wrote:

steele is in the other district so its just BCN
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Hinsa » Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:36 pm

SCC: are you positive that the Lamoure loss doesn't count on their varsity record? How can you play a district game and lose and not have it count on your varsity record, even if it is your JV playing? Has the NDHSAA weighed in on that?
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby basketballer » Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:40 pm

Hinsa wrote:SCC: are you positive that the Lamoure loss doesn't count on their varsity record? How can you play a district game and lose and not have it count on your varsity record, even if it is your JV playing? Has the NDHSAA weighed in on that?

You can only have 19 varsity games. This was a jv game because the jv was playing. It is legal according to ndhsaa rules, if it wasn't it would have been brought up when Linton has done this.
basketballer

Postby Baller » Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:44 pm

basketballer wrote:
Hinsa wrote:SCC: are you positive that the Lamoure loss doesn't count on their varsity record? How can you play a district game and lose and not have it count on your varsity record, even if it is your JV playing? Has the NDHSAA weighed in on that?

You can only have 19 varsity games. This was a jv game because the jv was playing. It is legal according to ndhsaa, if it wasn't it would have been brought up when Linton has done this.

Mandan has done it a few times sending the JV to Turtle Mountain...The JV played so it doesn't count for games, but it still goes towards records (both teams varsity)...They got surprised one year and almost lost a 2 point game.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby basketballer » Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:46 pm

Baller wrote:
basketballer wrote:

You can only have 19 varsity games. This was a jv game because the jv was playing. It is legal according to ndhsaa, if it wasn't it would have been brought up when Linton has done this.

Mandan has done it a few times sending the JV to Turtle Mountain...The JV played so it doesn't count for games, but it still goes towards records (both teams varsity)...They got surprised one year and almost lost a 2 point game.

It can't go to varsity because you can only play a max of 19 games in class b. And the jv played it. Therefore making it a jv game for LaMoure and Tappen played their varsity making it a varsity game for them. I don't get what i am not explaining correctly?
Last edited by basketballer on Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
basketballer

Postby Hinsa » Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:47 pm

I hear and understand what you're saying, basketballer. I'm just having a hard time justifying it. Like NDLionsfan wrote before, it seems really wierd that you could have a 3-1 district record and an undefeated varsity record. But if that's what the NDHSAA let's 'em do.....
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby basketballer » Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:50 pm

Hinsa wrote:I hear and understand what you're saying, basketballer. I'm just having a hard time justifying it. Like NDLionsfan wrote before, it seems really wierd that you could have a 3-1 district record and an undefeated varsity record. But if that's what the NDHSAA let's 'em do.....

Ya, Linton has been doing it for a while now i believe. I guess it is just a risk they took, hoping that Tappen would lose 2 district games and they would run the table.
basketballer

Postby ndsportsfan14 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:54 pm

well i personally don't think it should count on there overall record cause they had to at least give Tappen one good game of the yr! We will see why the played there JV against them on Thursday!!
ndsportsfan14
NDPreps All-State

Postby nadal11 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:00 pm

ndsportsfan14 wrote:well i personally don't think it should count on there overall record cause they had to at least give Tappen one good game of the yr! We will see why the played there JV against them on Thursday!!

hey it might be a close game right?? haha. yeah right huh.
nadal11

Postby ndsportsfan14 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:05 pm

nadal11 wrote:
ndsportsfan14 wrote:well i personally don't think it should count on there overall record cause they had to at least give Tappen one good game of the yr! We will see why the played there JV against them on Thursday!!

hey it might be a close game right?? haha. yeah right huh

ha ha yeah no kidding I'm say LaMoure by 1 but a really good game :roll:
ndsportsfan14
NDPreps All-State

Next

Return to Boys