Underrated players, teams

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Underrated players, teams

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Sat Jan 05, 2008 6:53 pm

Who are some players around the state that don't get much recognition on this site, newspapers, etc. that are better then people think?
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Re: Underrated players, teams

Postby ndsportsfan14 » Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:46 pm

Watkins-LaMoure
Teams-Steel Dawson,North Star,Velva,FW,"Warwick---> i think can play with anyone if they play good got some good talent
ndsportsfan14
NDPreps All-State

Postby taveg » Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:59 am

Strasburg is very underrated. i believe they only have one loss on the season so far and that was a 74-73 overtime loss to richardton-taylor in the linton holiday tourney. i believe their record is about 7-1 and they still havnt even been receiving votes in the polls.
taveg
NDPreps Reserve

Postby basketballer » Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:26 am

ndsportsfan14 wrote:Watkins-LaMoure
Teams-Steel Dawson,North Star,Velva,FW,"Warwick---> i think can play with anyone if they play good got some good talent

I really agree with Watkins as the player and Steele as the team that are most underrated that i know of.
basketballer

Postby ndlionsfan » Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:24 am

How about region 4 as a whole?? Everyone said this region was going to be down this year but Munich/Stark and FW both beat DP, who most everyone agrees is one of the top dogs in region 2....which everything thinks is the best region year after year. Warwick and FW also beat Dunseith, who most people agree is one of the top teams in region 6 and who also beat Minot Ryan. Mwkn/Leeds barely lost to Grafton, another top team from region 2. NRS won big over Larimore and Park River. I'm sure there are other wins I'm missing, too, but I think people need to start giving region 4 some props this year.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby poweraidman » Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:06 pm

watkins from lamoure is very underratted he is probly the 2nd best player on the team.. yes even better than holen.

Lindgren from kulm is too, he doesnt get the ball enough but when he does he scores, saw him in the lamoure kulm game and schockman didnt do anything on lindgren all of his points were fast breaks or when kulm was in a zone, but when they went man lindgren easily made shockman go were he didnt want to and played good d when he had the ball
poweraidman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby jumpshot22 » Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:13 pm

I am going to say that the North Border Eagles as a team is very underrated. Look at what they have accomplished over the past few seasons. The only time you hear about this team is at tourney time. I feel that this team deserves some recognition. Look for this team to come out of regionals and make some noise come state tournament time. I am looking forward to seeing North Border in Fargo the middle of March. Go Eagles!
jumpshot22

Postby BballFan1307 » Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:54 pm

i dont think that North Border is necissarily underrated, they are rated number 3 in the state. I dont think thats an underrated team. I also agree they'll be goin to state from Region 2.
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby bballuvr » Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:00 pm

I've seen Lindgren play some pretty good ball at times. To say that Shockman "did nothing" on him in a man to man situation is way off base. Shockman scored on him then too. Maybe not at will, but certainly was effective against him in man and zone. The only knock on Lindgren to me is not his ability, but he doesn't seem to be intense at all some times.
bballuvr
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby booyah » Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:25 pm

i think richland is an underrated team. they only have one loss to a tough central cass team and they just recently beat the 8th rated team in state north sargent.
booyah
NDPreps Starter

Postby nadal11 » Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:32 pm

how about the st. John woodchucks, 5-0!???
nadal11

Postby BballFan1307 » Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:47 pm

Underrated players that come to mind from region one are- Jacocb Thompson guard from richland averaging 17 pts 3 rbs 3stls 3 asts per game.

Dillan Ostrom forward/post from FSHP averagin 17 points about 12 rbs 3 assists and 3 steals pergame (had a double-double in all six games this year.)

and Ryan Drevlow post from North Sargent. this guy is a Horse down low. If he gets you pinned downlow there isnt a thing you can do. His footwork down low is extremely good.
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Hinsa » Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:14 pm

I second the motion on Jacob Thompson from Richland. Excellent slasher or can pull-up and hit. Can hit from long range as well. Very good passer as he slashes. Works the defensive end of the floor too. A complete player.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndsportsfan14 » Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:56 pm

nadal11 wrote:how about the st. John woodchucks, 5-0!???

i don't think there underrated they ain't no better then 10 in the state
ndsportsfan14
NDPreps All-State

Postby nadal11 » Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:01 pm

ndsportsfan14 wrote:

oh i didn't know that they were 10th in state, sorry my bad.
nadal11

Postby ndsportsfan14 » Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:17 pm

nadal11 wrote:
ndsportsfan14 wrote:

ya!! but i haven't got a chance to see em play yet they look pretty good or what??
ndsportsfan14
NDPreps All-State

Postby PA42 » Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:21 pm

I think Central Cass is underrated as well. They are very agressive and cause tons of matchup porblems for whoever they play. I will say I was wrong about Troy Roesler. I was not sure how cc would fair with a new coach but he has done a great job so far.
PA42

Postby nadal11 » Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:55 pm

ndsportsfan14 wrote:
nadal11 wrote:
ndsportsfan14 wrote:

ya!! but i haven't got a chance to see em play yet they look pretty good or what??

yeah from the two games i've seen they look pretty decent. idk about 10th in the state quality but pretty close.
nadal11

Postby ndsportsfan14 » Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:17 pm

nadal11 wrote:
ndsportsfan14 wrote:
nadal11 wrote:
ndsportsfan14 wrote:

yeah from the two games i've seen they look pretty decent. idk about 10th in the state quality but pretty close.

i see so who seems to be there main scorer?
ndsportsfan14
NDPreps All-State

Postby nadal11 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:30 am

ndsportsfan14 wrote:
nadal11 wrote:
ndsportsfan14 wrote:
nadal11 wrote:
ndsportsfan14 wrote:

i see so who seems to be there main scorer?

they have a pretty ballanced scoring attack, but Parisien is the leading scorer, prolly there best player.
nadal11

Postby Hunterlaf » Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:41 pm

parhsall is an underated team dont u think
Hunterlaf
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby digger » Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:57 pm

What happened with Parshall's coach? Was he planning on leaving, wanted to go out on top?
digger
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby click clack moo » Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:16 pm

Hunterlaf wrote:parhsall is an underated team dont u think

yeah parshall is for sure under rated haha
click clack moo
NDPreps Starter

Postby luciloo07 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:27 pm

There are so many underrated teams in Region 4. Wow. Everyone is freaking out because Munich-Stark is rated #7 in the hoopster. I'm not saying that's where they're going to end up, but they are playing solid ball right now. They have some tough games coming up (North Star, North Border, St. John) but they are playing solid and could beat any of these teams if they keep playing well.

And speaking of North Star...they seem to have come out of no where! They beat Minn.-Leeds in the Ramsey County tourney which dropped my jaw. They don't have a tall line-up nor is it a well experience line-up...but I have seen them play well over and over so we should probably give them some credit.
luciloo07
NDPreps Reserve

Postby classb_fan00 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:51 pm

Jake Lako from Northern Cass. Very quick, plays good defense.
I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me.
Larry Bird
classb_fan00
NDPreps All-Conference

Return to Boys