Best JV Teams

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Best JV Teams

Postby defensewins » Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:31 am

Bishop Ryan has a pretty solid JV team. I saw them this past weekend in a tourney in Minot and they are pretty solid. I believe they have only lost one game that i have heard of. They won the Championship by 15 or more points, and I didn't stay till the end.
defensewins
NDPreps Rookie

Postby playa10 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:06 pm

I know for a fact that the Grafton JV went undefeated last year and am unsure of how they are doing this year but I don't imagine much of a drop off from last year to this year. The Thompson JV team also went undefeated last year and have only lost two games this year, each by only a couple of points. Those are the best JV teams in Region 2 that I am aware of.
playa10

Postby Bison17 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:00 pm

playa10 wrote:I know for a fact that the Grafton JV went undefeated last year and am unsure of how they are doing this year but I don't imagine much of a drop off from last year to this year. The Thompson JV team also went undefeated last year and have only lost two games this year, each by only a couple of points. Those are the best JV teams in Region 2 that I am aware of.

Good for them
Bison17
NDPreps Starter

Postby greatest » Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:01 pm

watford city has an amazing jv . they played parshall last night (parshall jv's is also very good) and wc was really at another level than parshall . a couple of the parshall players r only out there for themselves and its very obvious , but the wc group truly plays as a team . i wouldnt be surprised if watford's jv team is also undefeated like their #1 rated varsity team is -
The One and The Only, Quite Simply The GREATEST.
greatest
NDPreps Starter

Postby project-pat » Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:01 pm

If I'm not mistaken...Bowman's JV murdered Mott/Regent last week...
project-pat

Postby Playa_Hata10 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:31 pm

project-pat wrote:If I'm not mistaken...Bowman's JV hardly lost to Watford City, and Bowman's JV also murdered Mott/Regent last week...

That would explain why Mott won't be playing a jv game in grant county tomorrow..
Playa_Hata10

Postby UNCfan2010 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:31 pm

LMM's JV is on a role. There on an eight game winning streak now and should be able to keep it going in their last two games. Their greatest strength is their press. There has been games where they've been on as much as a 14-0 scoring run in a matter of 1 minute. Their offensive game is a little rusty but they can definitely score when they need to.
UNCfan2010
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndbfan » Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:01 pm

Playa_Hata10 wrote:
project-pat wrote:If I'm not mistaken...Bowman's JV hardly lost to Watford City, and Bowman's JV also murdered Mott/Regent last week...

That would explain why Mott won't be playing a jv game in grant county tomorrow..

:lol:
ndbfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndsportsfan14 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:49 pm

UNCfan2010 wrote:LMM's JV is on a role. There on an eight game winning streak now and should be able to keep it going in their last two games. Their greatest strength is their press. There has been games where they've been on as much as a 14-0 scoring run in a matter of 1 minute. Their offensive game is a little rusty but they can definitely score when they need to.

Carringtons JV beat them by about 30 easily
ndsportsfan14
NDPreps All-State

Postby American_Gangster » Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:35 pm

Even tho bowman beat mott/regent theres no way you can say there the best JV or even right below watford i never see or played against watford but i can bet that mott would give them a run for their money and if mott played bowman ten times mott would win 9 out of the 10 mott is definetly one of the best JV so please give them some credit
American_Gangster

Postby WPower » Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:12 pm

being from watford i know that the three freshmen that played jv this year, in their career before this in 5-8th grade bball they have lost a total of 3 games all three in tourneys outside of high school basketball they are probably the cream of the crop of jv's but i am biased :wink: but i do think they deserve it
WPower
NDPreps Reserve

Postby unc2 » Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:05 am

watford would dominate mott no question...mott is a decent jv but without nick kautzman they probably wouldnt have very many wins...and i really doubt mott could beat any good jv teams 9 out of 10
unc2
NDPreps Starter

Postby project-pat » Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:08 am

hey there gangster...I never implied that bowman was the best JV in the state...I was just stating that Mott got murdered by Bowman...and Mott happens to be the JV that you've been bragging up...so I just decided to throw out some facts
project-pat

Postby unc2 » Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:11 am

bowman definately isnt the best jv but they are very good at times....i think they are better than mott/regents jv though....not hating on mott but just stating the facts
unc2
NDPreps Starter

Postby project-pat » Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:13 am

yea...once bowman gets in their rhythm, they are very tough to stop...same with their varsity...I think Coach Ballard just needs to loosen up his leash a little and let them run, and not worry about setting up their offense so much, they are a very good fast break team and their season would be going alot better if Ballard would just let them get out and run a little bit more.
project-pat

Postby allstate88 » Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:14 pm

Watford City has the best jv team in the state they just beat dickinson trinty by 30pts and they only lost 1 game all year and that was against new town who played 2 varstity starters and watford didnt play there 2 main jv players.
allstate88

Postby whompa » Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:10 pm

Adam33 wrote:graftons jv team blew out valley endinburgs varsity team thursday

Ya grafton definetly good one
whompa
NDPreps Reserve

Postby B_Baller » Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:06 pm

allstate88 wrote:Watford City has the best jv team in the state they just beat dickinson trinty by 30pts and they only lost 1 game all year and that was against new town who played 2 varstity starters and watford didnt play there 2 main jv players.

Well dude, four winds jv only lost i game against Carrington but the remtch was a whole different game i think fw won by like 25 or 30...........they were a pretty solid game and everyone is dogging on them becasue they have a couple varsity starters starting but those players are only sophmores and freshmen plus they still need the experience but they had a really good seaon
B_Baller
NDPreps Starter

Postby scruffy » Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:24 pm

It's impossible to say because each school has a different combination of sophomores and juniors on it. Alot of teams are playing many sophomores on varsity so they have to limit the minutes played on the JV level. There's no way to truly tell who is tops on that level....
No whiners allowed! The journey is the reward!
scruffy
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndsportsfan14 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:38 pm

B_Baller wrote:
allstate88 wrote:Watford City has the best jv team in the state they just beat dickinson trinty by 30pts and they only lost 1 game all year and that was against new town who played 2 varstity starters and watford didnt play there 2 main jv players.

Well dude, four winds jv only lost i game against Carrington but the remtch was a whole different game i think fw won by like 25 or 30...........they were a pretty solid game and everyone is dogging on them becasue they have a couple varsity starters starting but those players are only sophmores and freshmen plus they still need the experience but they had a really good seaon

It was a Close one till the 4 th an 4 winds won by 13
ndsportsfan14
NDPreps All-State

Previous

Return to Boys