Top Juniors

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Top Juniors

Postby BBall dominator » Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:44 am

Tommy Dwyer and Trevor Singer From Shiloh Christian who basically returns their whole team next year.
Hate my selfishness, Hate my lies, Hate my infidelity, Hate the fact that my high-powered attorneys got me off and humiliated my accuser when I was charged with rape. And hate that I'm loved, because I can shoot a ball.
BBall dominator
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby BballFan1307 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:45 am

pakkyzoo wrote:
filibuster2 wrote:
horne98 wrote:I think Jamie Horne from Hillsboro needs to be mentioned. He is an all around player that has improved his game since the summer. Aaron Meyer will also be on the list when he returns from injury. Cole Delorme from Larimore, Sean Demonigty from Griggs COunty Central, and Ricky Morgan should also be mentioned in this list.

no wonder you think horne is a good player since you are him, if your all that good don't go talking your self up show it in the games which you haven't

Horne is by far the best player on Hillsboro's team. He is consistent every night. It seems like hes always around the 15 point mark.

Horne98 IS NOT JAMIE HORNE
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby balla45 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:17 am

2EASY wrote:The truth is that there are 2 juniors that are above and beyond everyone else.

I'm assuming that would be Malzer and Marshall. Is that correct?
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Hinsa » Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:07 pm

For the 159th time, Horne98 is not Jamie Horne. Not related, not from the same town, not a Hillsboro fan.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby cubsfan » Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:43 pm

I have got to disagree, horne98 is an absolutely die hard Hillsboro fan.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby BballFan1307 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:47 pm

the mask wrote:ZAK BERGSTROM IS MY PICK FOR THE TOP JUNIOR IN THE STATE this kid is one of them ones you don't see to often and i think his game is great hes an excellent three point shooter

top junior in the state? no... top junior on the team ... yes.. he has a nice three point shot and saved Fshp in quite a few games this year, but sometimes can get a bit out of control and force some things. Could become a good player next year. Will need to work on the D a little more. With his speed and athleticism he should be able to be a shut down defender on the other teams guard.
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby number_one_fan » Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:01 pm

Jordan Lee- Lisbon Top 10 HANDS DOWN
number_one_fan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby 2EASY » Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:13 pm

balla45 wrote:
2EASY wrote:The truth is that there are 2 juniors that are above and beyond everyone else.

I'm assuming that would be Malzer and Marshall. Is that correct?

Correct
2EASY
NDPreps Reserve

Postby JJBD20 » Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:38 pm

kobe4mvp wrote:ricky counts-dunseith.... kid's averaging over 20 a game... had a few 30 point games too... 39 just recently in the first game of the jv tournament in newburg.

plus in the district tourney against Sawyer he had 18 pts
JJBD20

Postby hp fan » Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:19 pm

JJBD20 wrote:
kobe4mvp wrote:ricky counts-dunseith.... kid's averaging over 20 a game... had a few 30 point games too... 39 just recently in the first game of the jv tournament in newburg.

Why in the world is a kid that is averaging 20/game playing in a JV tourney??
hp fan

Postby 2EASY » Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:27 pm

hp fan wrote:
JJBD20 wrote:

They are saying he is averaging 20 a game in JV, not varsity
2EASY
NDPreps Reserve

Postby hp fan » Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:30 pm

2EASY wrote:
hp fan wrote:
JJBD20 wrote:

They are saying he is averaging 20 a game in JV, not varsity

Thanks 2EASY, that makes more sense...........except that if you are one of the best Jr's in the state, shouldn't you be putting up varsity numbers?
hp fan

Postby 2EASY » Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:38 pm

Ya i dont really understand that post either.
2EASY
NDPreps Reserve

Postby chevyman11 » Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:41 pm

I don't get it either...IMO if you're a junior and playing on JV, then you shouldn't be considered for the best junior in the state. The only thing I could maybe see possible is if the team's roster is full of good seniors and then you wouldn't be able to be on varsity.
chevyman11
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cubsfan » Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:52 pm

I think he was mentioned earlier in this forum but Ricky Morgan is emerging as one of the best if not the best Junior in District 3.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby PA42 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:19 pm

I would take Gus Kueber personally, but thats just me.
PA42

Postby ndfootball06 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:14 pm

horne98 wrote:I would take Gus Kueber personally, but thats just me.

Got a chance to watch him for the first time since last year. If he gets in the weight room he will be a force. He was well above all the North Border defenders when he shot but he couldn't finish after taking a little bump and that will come with time in the weight room.
ndfootball06
NDPreps Starter

Postby web17 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:18 pm

keuber is good, but i personally dont think he lived up to his expections put on him, coming into this season. everybody figured DP to be a contender out of region 2, i just dont think he played as well as he can......with that said, i'd take morgan.
web17
NDPreps Starter

Postby whompa » Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:09 pm

web17 wrote:

keuber is good, but i personally dont think he lived up to his expections put on him, coming into this season. everybody figured DP to be a contender out of region 2, i just dont think he played as well as he can......with that said, i'd take morgan.

yes, being from thompson yourself that is a logical choice...i agree with you on kueber tho, imo he may have played better last year, and as for the weight room..i doubt he has entered the weight room since leaving northwood. His physique hasn't changed one bit since last season
whompa
NDPreps Reserve

Postby notalent » Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:48 am

*Edited* i'd take morgan in a heart beat for D3 player of the year. he carried that thompson team all year long....and in the regions too when his senior teammates didn't show up.....sounds harsh but it's true. Morgan can play ball and he has a nice shot and most importantly, he knows how to include his teammates in the game.
notalent

Postby halibut » Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:36 pm

Morgan is good but calling him D3 PLAYER of the year is a little over the top. Thompson did come up and above their pre season picks but sit down and look at their team. That is the MOST athletic team in the district. They have 6 guys who would start on any other team in the district. Ricky Morgan was probably their best player but wasn't head over his teammates even. I would say Jared Zak is just as good as Morgan, if not just barely behind.
Best junior is Gus Kueber in District 3. 6'7'', can shoot the rock from 23' and in, post moves, dunk, shot blocker, long wingspan, what else is there? Gus needs to improve his actual defense though. His only defense is blocking shots. Foot speed is lacking, but his offense is what earns him the best junior.
halibut
NDPreps Reserve

Postby booyah » Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:39 am

halibut wrote:Morgan is good but calling him D3 PLAYER of the year is a little over the top. Thompson did come up and above their pre season picks but sit down and look at their team. That is the MOST athletic team in the district. They have 6 guys who would start on any other team in the district. Ricky Morgan was probably their best player but wasn't head over his teammates even. I would say Jared Zak is just as good as Morgan, if not just barely behind.
Best junior is Gus Kueber in District 3. 6'7'', can shoot the rock from 23' and in, post moves, dunk, shot blocker, long wingspan, what else is there? Gus needs to improve his actual defense though. His only defense is blocking shots. Foot speed is lacking, but his offense is what earns him the best junior.

just thought i'd add this....anybody who is 6' 7'' should be able to dunk. if they cant....they prbly shouldnt play sports cuz they arent very athletic haha.
booyah
NDPreps Starter

Postby BballFan1307 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:41 am

Jacob Erbes- Richland , pretty tall, very smooth shot, and great post moves.
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:54 am

booyah wrote:
halibut wrote:Morgan is good but calling him D3 PLAYER of the year is a little over the top. Thompson did come up and above their pre season picks but sit down and look at their team. That is the MOST athletic team in the district. They have 6 guys who would start on any other team in the district. Ricky Morgan was probably their best player but wasn't head over his teammates even. I would say Jared Zak is just as good as Morgan, if not just barely behind.

just thought i'd add this....anybody who is 6' 7'' should be able to dunk. if they cant....they prbly shouldnt play sports cuz they arent very athletic haha.

Gus Kueber is not 6'7. He's 6'4-6'5
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby booyah » Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:55 am

north_border_eagles2106 wrote:
booyah wrote:

Gus Kueber is not 6'7. He's 6'4-6'5

ok thats a little more impressive than a 6' 7'' guy dunkin it.
booyah
NDPreps Starter

PreviousNext

Return to Boys