Top Juniors

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Top Juniors

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Fri Jan 04, 2008 3:38 pm

Who are some of the top Juniors around the state.

District 4 -
North Border - Mike Smith
Park River - Justin Mozinski, Max Otto
Grafton - Kameron Collette
District 3 -
Dakota Prairie - Gus Kueber
Larimore - Karl Hager

NB also has Max Johnson and Josh Keller but they don't have as much experience on varsity as the others mentioned.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Re: Top Juniors

Postby HeisAlive » Fri Jan 04, 2008 3:45 pm

Cameron M from Turtle Lake Mercer
Phil 4:13,19
HeisAlive
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby project-pat » Fri Jan 04, 2008 3:47 pm

Chad Marshall, Justin Puritan, Alex Wolf
project-pat

Postby PA42 » Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:26 pm

I think Jamie Horne from Hillsboro needs to be mentioned. He is an all around player that has improved his game since the summer. Aaron Meyer will also be on the list when he returns from injury. Cole Delorme from Larimore, Sean Demonigty from Griggs COunty Central, and Ricky Morgan should also be mentioned in this list.
PA42

Postby baseballlvr » Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:44 pm

Langdon- jesse zeis
Munich/Starkweather- richard wright

Both are pretty small guards, but they both handle the position pretty well, and are good shooters too.
baseballlvr
NDPreps Starter

Postby wjo » Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:45 pm

Funny you should put jesse zeis on same page as Wright, cause Wright took his lunch away from him when they played Dec. 29 in Munich. zeis really struggled against Wright's m-m.
wjo

Postby baseballlvr » Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:10 am

wjo wrote:Funny you should put jesse zeis on same page as Wright, cause Wright took his lunch away from him when they played Dec. 29 in Munich. zeis really struggled against Wright's m-m.

Wright is a good defensive player as well as a good shooter, but that doesn't mean that Zeis is that bad either. i'm just saying they're both good ball players.
baseballlvr
NDPreps Starter

Postby gator-nation » Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:52 pm

Jadon Messer- R/T, Kevin Sanford and Christian Schulz -Watford City
gator-nation

Postby hoopsfan23 » Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:24 pm

Justin purintin is definately the top junior in region 3.
hoopsfan23

Postby basketballer » Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:19 pm

He is the best Junior I have seen. But i remember that last year Marshall won the matchup. I have seen Marshall play too however. I think that Watkins played very good d on him and held him to a 7/16 game. I have no clue who guarded Purintun last year though. But i have seen both and believe that Purintun is better. I see this Malzer must be pretty good too. But i have no clue how he compares to Purintun and Marshall. Another one you really can't compare to either of those three is Wolf because he is a post, but i see he had some high scoring and rebounding games so he can't be that bad.
basketballer

Postby region 2 opinion » Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:18 am

basketballer wrote:He is the best Junior I have seen. But i remember that last year Marshall won the matchup. I have seen Marshall play too however. I think that Watkins played very good d on him and held him to a 7/16 game. I have no clue who guarded Purintun last year though. But i have seen both and believe that Purintun is better. I see this Malzer must be pretty good too. But i have no clue how he compares to Purintun and Marshall. Another one you really can't compare to either of those three is Wolf because he is a post, but i see he had some high scoring and rebounding games so he can't be that bad.
region 2 opinion
NDPreps Starter

Postby region 2 opinion » Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:21 am

[quote="basketballer"]He is the best Junior I have seen. But i remember that last year Marshall won the matchup. I have seen Marshall play too however. I think that Watkins played very good d on him and held him to a 7/16 game. I have no clue who guarded Purintun last year though. But i have seen both and believe that Purintun is better. I see this Malzer must be pretty good too. But i have no clue how he compares to Purintun and Marshall. Another one you really can't compare to either of those three is Wolf because he is a post, but i see he had some high scoring and rebounding games so he can't be that bad.

Smith from NB is as good as you will see, they also have Keller and possibly Johnson as potential good JR's
region 2 opinion
NDPreps Starter

Postby poweraidman » Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:28 am

hoopsfan23 wrote:Justin purintin is definately the top junior in region 3.

wow i thought he was a senior, yea he is a very talented junior. easily top 5 in state.
poweraidman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baller01 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:11 pm

poweraidman wrote:

wow i thought he was a senior, yea he is a very talented junior. easily top 5 in state.

Are you kidding me? I can name 10 juniors better then him:

Marhsall-Hazen
Malzer- TLM
Bender- Wilton
Westman- Max
Dykema- Lisbon
Drevlow- North Sargent
Messer- RT
Dwyer- Shiloh
Wolf- Bowman
Bloms- Berthold
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Baller » Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:13 pm

baller01 wrote:
poweraidman wrote:

Marhsall-Hazen
Malzer- TLM
Bender- Wilton
Westman- Max
Dykema- Lisbon
Drevlow- North Sargent
Messer- RT
Dwyer- Shiloh
Wolf- Bowman
Bloms- Berthold

nah...I put him up there with Marshal and Malzer
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby taveg » Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:11 am

no way is dwyer better then purinton
taveg
NDPreps Reserve

Postby luciloo07 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:56 pm

Richard Wright...what a player. When he's on...he is ON. He sometimes has off nights and they're just not good. I believe he was held to 5 points in their game against Minn.-Leeds. But he is still a great player. He'll be a good force next year for sure.

baseballlvr wrote:Langdon- jesse zeis
Munich/Starkweather- richard wright

Both are pretty small guards, but they both handle the position pretty well, and are good shooters too.
luciloo07
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Sioux » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:12 pm

Seen it last night and Kevin Sanford is the best Jr. in Region 8..I would take him against alot of others.
Sioux

Postby sportwriter08 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:51 am

Seriously, Justin Puritan is not that good. He is in the top, but not the top 10. He is easily shut-down in the lane and he isn't that good of a shooter outside of it. He definitely cannot shoot the 3's either. He should really just stick to playing football.
sportwriter08

Postby baseball » Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:05 am

sportwriter08 wrote:Seriously, Justin Puritan is not that good. He is in the top, but not the top 10. He is easily shut-down in the lane and he isn't that good of a shooter outside of it. He definitely cannot shoot the 3's either. He should really just stick to playing football.

Purintun is a good player. best jr in the state, no i believe Malzer and Marshall are 1-2. but he is towards the top. hes a strong kid who can muscle gaurds up in the post or take a big off the dribble. when hes in the post, he gets fouled and he shoots FT at a good %. he may not be the greatest shooter out there but he is a good one. hes more of a streaky shooter though. if he sees the ball go through the net a few times whether it be a layup or a free throw, he gets the confidence and can hit the outside jumper
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby old fan » Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:45 am

north_border_eagles2106 wrote:Who are some of the top Juniors around the state.

District 4 -
North Border - Mike Smith
Park River - Justin Mozinski, Max Otto
Grafton - Kameron Collette
District 3 -
Dakota Prairie - Gus Kueber
Larimore - Karl Hager

NB also has Max Johnson and Josh Keller but they don't have as much experience on varsity as the others mentioned.

Karl Hager is certainly one of the best juniors in the state. He excels in all phases of the game. The patterns that the Larimore coach runs really restricts Karl's ability and he is still not at full strength due to a football injury, but he is a very talented basketball player.
old fan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby project-pat » Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:15 am

DREW NASH- Hettinger
project-pat

Postby toughregion2 » Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:17 am

mike smith had 32 last night
toughregion2

Postby project-pat » Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:28 am

baller01 wrote:
poweraidman wrote:

Marhsall-Hazen
Malzer- TLM
Bender- Wilton
Westman- Max
Dykema- Lisbon
Drevlow- North Sargent
Messer- RT
Dwyer- Shiloh
Wolf- Bowman
Bloms- Berthold

no...and I also disagree with alot of that list...I think Puritan is easily in the top 5th when at his best...the kid can ball

1. Malzer
2. Marshall
3. Puritan
4. Wolf
5. Messer
project-pat

Postby PA42 » Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:47 am

again your picks are mostly in the west. So to truly judge the best juniors in the state you need to have guys from all areas of the state.
PA42

Next

Return to Boys