Region Championship Previews

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Region Championship Previews

Postby jumpshot22 » Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:02 pm

Hey everyone-we are almost one-third of the way done with this season. If you had to pick two teams to play in your region championship game who would they be? Who would win? How far will your team go in the state tourney?

Region 3- I am going to take Lamoure vs Steele Dawson for the Region 3 title. Both teams seem to be very impressive early. In the end I am going to take Lamoure over Steele by 5. Lamoure will make it past the opening round of the state tourney and then fall in the semi's. Lamoure will bring back the 4th place trophy.
jumpshot22

Re: Region Championship Previews

Postby project-pat » Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:06 pm

Region 7- This region is too close to call right now. I think we can all safely assume that Hazen is going to be one of the teams in the championship. But then depending on seeding anybody else can join them....I think Bowman, Trinity, Mott/Regent, Killdeer, Beach, and Richardton all of solid chances of joining hazen in the championship, and possibly even Heart River...All of these teams are fairly equally matched and it should make for a great tournament...I CANT WAIT
project-pat

Postby baseball » Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:15 pm

I would have to say LaMoure vs. either Strasburg or Linton over Steele. I watched Steele play BCN and they looked like a capable team but im hesitant to say thats the team they will always be since they lost to South Border already. this is where my opinion stands right now but ill make a better judgement when i watch Linton play in Steele on saturday night
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby poweraidman » Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:12 am

jumpshot22 wrote:Hey everyone-we are almost one-third of the way done with this season. If you had to pick two teams to play in your region championship game who would they be? Who would win? How far will your team go in the state tourney?

Region 3- I am going to take Lamoure vs Steele Dawson for the Region 3 title. Both teams seem to be very impressive early. In the end I am going to take Lamoure over Steele by 5. Lamoure will make it past the opening round of the state tourney and then fall in the semi's. Lamoure will bring back the 4th place trophy.

ok lamoure i can see but steele, honestly dude. Strausberg linton and kulm are better than steele, dont you know south border beat them to, Heres my predictions Tappen over Edgeley in the region championship.
poweraidman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby digger » Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:14 pm

Region 1: There are still alot of games to play, also I'm a believer in looking at how tournament brackets come out, some teams just match up better/worse with others. Having said that I have to believe Hankinson will be in the championship. I've seen them play twice and they not only play hard, but as the rest of the team gains experience I think they'll be better than they were last year. Mauch is so versatile/athletic/skilled that he can make game changing plays defensively, offensively, and on the boards. His enthusiasm rubs off on the rest of the team. Lisbon should be in the championship this year, they are due. In the past it has seemed like they played with weight on their shoulders. FSHP, North Sargeant (a surprise so far, we'll see how the season goes) and Richland (my darkhorse) have a shot at making it to the championship.
digger
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby scruffy » Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:25 pm

Region 7- Trinity and Hazen lead the pack, with Mott, Bowman and Beach having a slight chance....
No whiners allowed! The journey is the reward!
scruffy
NDPreps All-State

Postby lionstigersandbears » Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:36 pm

Region 7 - Trinity, Hazen, and don't count out Bowman...they have a new head coach with an impressive history of state appearances.
Region 6 - Bishop Ryan and Dunseith...I would expect Berthold to make a decent showing too but doubt they can withstand either one of the teams mentioned first.
Region 5 - This region is way too close to call. Right now shiloh (despite a somewhat rocky start) and Turtle lake-Mercer on top. Wilton was rated pretty high in a pre-season poll I saw but looks like they're struggling a bit with so many kids out. You can never count out Standing Rock come tourney time and New Salem is playing very tough ball this year too. Center is big with good athletes too. Basically...the one on top will be the team that's absolultely on point during Regionals. Any of these teams know how to take advantage of a competitor's "off night".
lionstigersandbears

Postby LBC » Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:02 pm

I would think in Region 2, Grafton will have to be there, other than that, I would say it is wide open. MPCG has not impressed,neither has Hillsborro, maybe North Border?
LBC
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndlionsfan » Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:11 pm

In region 4 I'm going to go with Mwkn/Leeds and FW. I know I said I didn't think FW would make it that far, but I think they'll prove me wrong. St John is my dark horse and Munich/Stark or Langdon could pull off an upset.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby thundercat 99 » Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:56 pm

Region 7- I think you can pick any two out of Bowman, Trinity, Hazen, or Richardton. This regional is going to be insane!!!
''You play to win the game!''
thundercat 99
NDPreps Starter

Postby basketballer » Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:12 pm

baseball wrote:I would have to say LaMoure vs. either Strasburg or Linton over Steele. I watched Steele play BCN and they looked like a capable team but im hesitant to say thats the team they will always be since they lost to South Border already. this is where my opinion stands right now but ill make a better judgement when i watch Linton play in Steele on saturday night

I actually wouldnt be tooo surprised if Steele made it. They have firepower in Randall and from the box scores a Six guy must be pretty good, that Stroh was only a junior wasnt he? he is tough, and Martin isn't bad is he? and their coach is among the better ones i believe in the region.
basketballer

Postby Sioux » Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:00 pm

Region 8 is going to be any two of Trinity Christian, Divide County, Watford City, New Town or Parshall. This region is going to be a tough one to get out of. It is crazy to think that one of these teams is going to have to go home after the first day of regionals.
Sioux

Postby baseball » Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:59 am

poweraidman wrote:
jumpshot22 wrote:Hey everyone-we are almost one-third of the way done with this season. If you had to pick two teams to play in your region championship game who would they be? Who would win? How far will your team go in the state tourney?

ok lamoure i can see but steele, honestly dude. Strausberg linton and kulm are better than steele, dont you know south border beat them to, Heres my predictions Tappen over Edgeley in the region championship.

Right now i would rank it LaMoure, Linton, Steele.......Linton played without Schnieder tonight and only lost to Steele by 1, whole different game with him in the lineup
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby rep » Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:37 am

baseball wrote:
poweraidman wrote:

Right now i would rank it LaMoure, Linton, Steele.......Linton played without Schnieder tonight and only lost to Steele by 1, whole different game with him in the lineup

schneider hurt?
rep

Postby baseball » Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:09 pm

rep wrote:
baseball wrote:
poweraidman wrote:

schneider hurt?

blood poison....i was told he should be back for the trinity game next saturday though..
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseballlvr » Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:46 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:In region 4 I'm going to go with Mwkn/Leeds and FW. I know I said I didn't think FW would make it that far, but I think they'll prove me wrong. St John is my dark horse and Munich/Stark or Langdon could pull off an upset.

I don't know. nothing against Mwkn/Leeds, but i just don't think they have the depth in their bench to make it to the Region Championship. On a big floor like DL, they're going to get very tired playing all five starters the entire game. They may start to slow down like they showed during the Ramsey county tournament. I could be wrong, but i think that FW will make it, because they're getting better and better every game, and maybe Munich/Starkweather, since they're going 3 deep off the bench.
baseballlvr
NDPreps Starter

Postby EagleFan#5 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:46 am

LBC wrote:I would think in Region 2, Grafton will have to be there, other than that, I would say it is wide open. MPCG has not impressed,neither has Hillsborro, maybe North Border?

I wouldn't say Maybe North Border, I feel at this point in time they are as deserving of being in the regional championship as grafton is. And, as a solid region 2 fan you should know that just because teams look good right now doesn't mean anything. I have seen it many times where the Region Tournament is as tough as the first round of state. Region 2 has a firm history of producing quality teams, the only bad thing is only one can represent at state
EagleFan#5

Postby nd2325 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:58 pm

thundercat 99 wrote:Region 7- I think you can pick any two out of Bowman, Trinity, Hazen, or Richardton. This regional is going to be insane!!!

I also think Mott will be in the running for the championship after their game with Hazen over the weekend.
nd2325

Postby luckyinlife » Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:01 pm

Going to be some awesome regional games this year. And you know there will be some upsets. I wish I could be in more than one place at a time to see them all.
luckyinlife
NDPreps Starter

Return to Boys