Region 5

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Region 5

Postby 9manfootballmom » Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:27 pm

Okay so anyone know the numbers on the U of Mary fieldhouse seating. I am wondering if it is worth it for me to come early to get a seat or just wait for someone to call me with highlights and quarter scores.
Thanks
9manfootballmom
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby twinsfan34 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:41 pm

9manfootballmom wrote:Okay so anyone know the numbers on the U of Mary fieldhouse seating. I am wondering if it is worth it for me to come early to get a seat or just wait for someone to call me with highlights and quarter scores.
Thanks

I don't have exact numbers, but I would say it is slightly larger than Mandan's gym and much smaller than the Civic Center (obviously). I strongly recommend getting there around tip time for the third place game, or around half-time at the very latest (you might be pushing it there, however). In my opinion, it is always better to see the game live and in person, than on the radio/tv or thru someone on the phone in your case. Also, if last year's tournament will be any indication, it will be very loud in there as well.

Door open to the Activity Center at 5:00 PM, according to the tournament program.
twinsfan34

Postby aggiesfan » Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:44 pm

Does anyone know for sure if the game(s) are going to be broadcast and if so...what station or a web broadcast maybe/
aggiesfan

Postby twinsfan34 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:48 pm

aggiesfan wrote:Does anyone know for sure if the game(s) are going to be broadcast and if so...what station or a web broadcast maybe/

Either 710 or 550 is broadcasting the State A tomorrow night, so I doubt that they would have both stations doing basketball. The game that I know of that was broadcast on the radio was the Standing Rock/Washburn game, and that station was the one on the reservation (I don't know the call letters).
twinsfan34

Postby 9manfootballmom » Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:58 pm

twinsfan34 wrote:
9manfootballmom wrote:Okay so anyone know the numbers on the U of Mary fieldhouse seating. I am wondering if it is worth it for me to come early to get a seat or just wait for someone to call me with highlights and quarter scores.
Thanks

I don't have exact numbers, but I would say it is slightly larger than Mandan's gym and much smaller than the Civic Center (obviously). I strongly recommend getting there around tip time for the third place game, or around half-time at the very latest (you might be pushing it there, however). In my opinion, it is always better to see the game live and in person, than on the radio/tv or thru someone on the phone in your case. Also, if last year's tournament will be any indication, it will be very loud in there as well.

Door open to the Activity Center at 5:00 PM, according to the tournament program.

Thanks a bunch i may have to make the trip. It will a good one.
9manfootballmom
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby twinsfan34 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:05 pm

Yes, region championship night is always good. Sixteen teams so close to a berth to the "B". Can't get much better than that.
twinsfan34

Postby luckyinlife » Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:54 pm

No radio coverage for the region 5 tournaments? Don't the radio managers know that Bismarck is the class B capital of ND?
luckyinlife
NDPreps Starter

Postby porter_55 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:32 pm

twinsfan34 wrote:
Thanks

according to d2hoops.net the capacity is 2,000 people
porter_55

Postby porter_55 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:35 pm

State A girls is on KXMR 710 and class A boys is on KFYR 550
porter_55

Postby 9manfootballmom » Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:26 pm

porter_55 wrote:
twinsfan34 wrote:
Thanks

That many, huh? Maybe I will get a seat. thanks
9manfootballmom
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby twinsfan34 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:18 am

porter_55 wrote:State A girls is on KXMR 710 and class A boys is on KFYR 550

:oops: I guess I was wrong yesterday, sorry.
twinsfan34

Postby twinsfan34 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:20 am

9manfootballmom wrote:
porter_55 wrote:
twinsfan34 wrote:
Thanks

You'll get a seat, but the Activity Center will very likely be at capacity by tip off of the championship game. I've been to championship night of Region 5 the last two years and both years it has been full. Earlier the better, in my opinion, for tonight. Besides, the third place game should be a good one to watch, too. :)
twinsfan34

Postby 9manfootballmom » Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:46 am

twinsfan34 wrote:
9manfootballmom wrote:
porter_55 wrote:
twinsfan34 wrote:
Thanks

You'll get a seat, but the Activity Center will very likely be at capacity by tip off of the championship game. I've been to championship night of Region 5 the last two years and both years it has been full. Earlier the better, in my opinion, for tonight. Besides, the third place game should be a good one to watch, too. :)

Washburn has really stepped it up. It should be a fun night. But then, what night in class B regionals isn't? In my opinion, class A has nothing on us!
9manfootballmom
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby aggiesfan » Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:51 am

twinsfan34 wrote:

So there is still no one broadcasting to your knowledge...right? How about 710 AM?
aggiesfan

Postby B_Baller » Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:52 am

9manfootballmom wrote:
twinsfan34 wrote:
9manfootballmom wrote:
porter_55 wrote:
twinsfan34 wrote:
Thanks

Washburn has really stepped it up. It should be a fun night. But then, what night in class B regionals isn't? In my opinion, class A has nothing on us!

I second that
B_Baller
NDPreps Starter

Postby twinsfan34 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:31 am

aggiesfan wrote:
twinsfan34 wrote:

So there is still no one broadcasting to your knowledge...right? How about 710 AM?

No, both 710 and 550 are broadcasting the State A. 710 has the girls games, 550 has the boys games. It would be cool if 1130 or 1270 could step up and broadcast....maybe even an FM station.
twinsfan34

Postby old lineman » Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:07 pm

Washburn was down by about 20. Before the end of the 1st half TLM up by7 Singer was having a great game. According to the mom link since Bismarck has no radio stations. Oops please do not complain about, wait it says nothing about radio stations I should be in the clear.
old lineman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bigpoppakdog » Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:08 pm

TLM had too much fire power. They are small, but put a lot of pressure on the ball. I do believe they could run into problems against a team that has a good pair of guards with a big man inside. But they should represent Region 5 well. I kept a close eye on the TLM side of things due to recent posts, and I must say that did see some "tension" between the players and coach, but was impressed with the ovation he got when he received co region coach award and his players did get up off the floor and stand for him when he received his award..so I don't think their is any "implosion" coming, but only good solid basketball by TLM.

Interesting side notes: the UMary gym was way too small..don't know why they didn't play it at Mandan. I thought the class a teams were playing at the civic center tonight? The state attendance should be drastically higher this year without dickinson trinity and shiloh christian. Tonight shiloh's fans took about 1/8 of one side of the gym while TLM took the rest!! Awesome turnout by TLM. The other side of the gym was Washburn fans and New Salem fans also excellent turnouts. Nice to have Class B have some of that old fashioned "spirit" back. Sorry, if I upset you fans, but its the truth, you do not bring many fans to the events...not that thats your fault..you only have a small amount of parents to support your team versus having a whole town.

congrats TLM...Region 5 will be pulling for you. I think this arm-chair coach will retire for the season...unless their are some "hot" topics posted :wink:
bigpoppakdog

Postby old lineman » Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:27 pm

Congrats to TLM
old lineman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby anythingsports » Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:30 am

The game was way better than the score listed.....It got away from NS in the fourth quarter.....only having a one man bench rotation no doubt hurt them in the end!!! Good luck at state TLM!!! I will be watching for the young New Salem team in the future!!
anythingsports

Postby oneshot » Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:31 am

Congrats to TL-M...23-1, region 5 champs...Cam Malzer MVP, Singer and Nelson all Tournament, and coach Anderson co-coach of the year...Good luck in Fargo!!
oneshot
NDPreps Reserve

Postby twinsfan34 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:08 am

Congrats to TLM! My upset special didn't pan out. I am now convinced that they are poised and ready to make a lot of noise at the "B".
twinsfan34

Postby 9manfootballmom » Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:34 am

9manfootballmom wrote:
twinsfan34 wrote:
Thanks

Made the trip with my son. We were there by 5:15 and had a decent seat! Probably saved some money by going straight to the game instead of doing a little shopping first! Shiloh looked good and TLM just couldn't be contained. Good luck at STate to all teams
9manfootballmom
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby twinsfan34 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:03 am

9manfootballmom wrote:
9manfootballmom wrote:
twinsfan34 wrote:
Thanks

Made the trip with my son. We were there by 5:15 and had a decent seat! Probably saved some money by going straight to the game instead of doing a little shopping first! Shiloh looked good and TLM just couldn't be contained. Good luck at STate to all teams

Nice to hear. I was there early too, and was a little suprised on how fast it filled up. Most of the Turtle Lake fans were there before most of the Shiloh fans were there.

I definitely don't remember it filling up as fast last year as it did last night.
twinsfan34

Postby jr83h » Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:01 pm

nice win for the TL-M trojans, congrats to all players and coach anderson and jordan on a great season SO FAR...time to really make some noise...i know the whole state will be cheering first round for ya..also need to compliment TL-M and NS fans
jr83h
NDPreps Reserve

PreviousNext

Return to Boys