Best Place to Hold State Tourney

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Where should "The B" be held??

Bismarck
75%
Minot
7%
Fargo
14%
Jamestown
4%

Total votes : 72

Best Place to Hold State Tourney

Postby project-pat » Fri Dec 21, 2007 3:09 pm

I saw that the state tournament is being held in Fargo this year, and Minot the year after, and just wanted know where everybody thinks that it should be held. My vote goes for Bismarck...when I think of Class B boys basketball...the Civic Center automatically comes to mind...
project-pat

Re: Best Place to Hold State Tourney

Postby Flying Wallenda » Fri Dec 21, 2007 3:10 pm

Agreed...hard to beat Bismarck.
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State

Postby Vicarious » Fri Dec 21, 2007 3:16 pm

My favorite would have to be Bismarck, but Minot has a nice facility and I can commute to the games if I want. In short--Anywhere But Fargo!!
Vicarious
NDPreps Reserve

Postby project-pat » Fri Dec 21, 2007 3:24 pm

Yeah, Bismarck is a fairly central location for every team in the state....it's not really fair for all of the west teams at the state tourney this year, talk about a drive haha
project-pat

Postby SnuggleMuffin » Fri Dec 21, 2007 4:36 pm

project-pat wrote:Yeah, Bismarck is a fairly central location for every team in the state....it's not really fair for all of the west teams at the state tourney this year, talk about a drive haha

Ya know...Commuting to Fargo is a long drive but..Playing in the Fargo dome would be pretty tight..
More people would end up going because the population of Fargo is larger and we all know locals would end up coming..

I mean yes Fargo is a long drive..but it would be interesting to hold the state tourney there..I wouldnt mind it at all
You really cant beat Bismark tho. its dead middle in the state..
And uhh Minot? Gross
For me its between Bismark and Fargo..
SnuggleMuffin

Postby SnuggleMuffin » Fri Dec 21, 2007 4:40 pm

scc wrote:The Fargodome is not a basketball venue. Keep it away from there. I prefer Minot and Bismarck.

Well...I would have to say just keep it in Bismark..
Its about as central as it gets..
SnuggleMuffin

Postby basketballer » Fri Dec 21, 2007 5:01 pm

Bismarck is the best, Minot is pretty good, but Fargo is horrible it has NO atmosphere.
basketballer

Postby SnuggleMuffin » Fri Dec 21, 2007 5:03 pm

basketballer wrote:Bismarck is the best, Minot is pretty good, but Fargo is horrible it has NO atmosphere.

I really wouldnt wanna go all the way to Minot..
Bismark is hands down the best in the state
SnuggleMuffin

Postby cubsfan » Fri Dec 21, 2007 6:06 pm

Bismarck is the best venue. Minot is not a bad place to hold it either. And well the dome just stinks.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby SnuggleMuffin » Fri Dec 21, 2007 6:14 pm

cubsfan wrote:Bismarck is the best venue. Minot is not a bad place to hold it either. And well the dome just stinks.

Does the dome really struggle that badd?
I always thought it would be a good place to hold it..
But then again i have never been inside it besides a concert haha
SnuggleMuffin

Postby basketballer » Fri Dec 21, 2007 6:17 pm

SnuggleMuffin wrote:
cubsfan wrote:Bismarck is the best venue. Minot is not a bad place to hold it either. And well the dome just stinks.

Does the dome really aren't cool that badd?

Ya the dome is that bad. imo.
basketballer

Postby SnuggleMuffin » Fri Dec 21, 2007 6:20 pm

basketballer wrote:
SnuggleMuffin wrote:

Does the dome really aren't cool that badd?

Ya the dome is that bad.

Haha I like how they put "arent cool" instead of the word i typed orignally..
But yaaa..Think of all the shopping and extra stuff you could do! haha
But I suppose ill take everyones word on it and agree that the dome really "arent cool"..

The civic center is definetely the best place..Dippin Dots!!!
SnuggleMuffin

Postby nadal11 » Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:44 pm

Fargo for sure, biggest city, more stuff to do, bismark second, wouldn't mind it there every year, but MINOT! sick....very unatractive who goes to minot come on! To far in the middle of nowhere. Fargo or bis. PLEASE!
nadal11

Postby basketballer » Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:57 pm

nadal11 wrote:Fargo for sure, biggest city, more stuff to do, bismark second, wouldn't mind it there every year, but MINOT! sick....very unatractive who goes to minot come on! To far in the middle of nowhere. Fargo or bis. PLEASE!
Fargo-town that doesnt know that the tournament is even going on there. No atmosphere.
Bismarck- Every place knows what is going on. Best court to play on.
Minot- Is not bad at all.. i don't think it is "unattractive". Has a good atmosphere but nothing close to Bismarck.
basketballer

Postby SnuggleMuffin » Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:23 pm

nadal11 wrote:Fargo for sure, biggest city, more stuff to do, bismark second, wouldn't mind it there every year, but MINOT! sick....very unatractive who goes to minot come on! To far in the middle of nowhere. Fargo or bis. PLEASE!

I agree with Nada..
I guess ill have to wait til state to make my final opinion on Fargo..
But can you say party central?
It will be hella fun

Still cant beat Bis tho
SnuggleMuffin

Postby ndlionsfan » Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:36 pm

The Fargodome is terrible for basketball, both watching and playing. The MSU dome is very good from a playing standpoint, but just above average for spectators. I've never played in Bismarck so I can't speak for the Civic Center, but it is my favorite place to watch the state tourney. Plus Bismarck in THE nicest city in ND and is set up the best to hold a state tourney over Minot and Fargo.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby nadal11 » Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:26 pm

SnuggleMuffin wrote:

I agree with Nada..
I guess ill have to wait til state to make my final opinion on Fargo..
But can you say party central?
It will be hella fun

Still cant beat Bis tho

Amen to that! haha.
nadal11

Postby baseball » Sat Dec 22, 2007 12:05 am

Bismarck, no doubt. best court, best building, best atmosphere. Fargo may be a nice town but playing state there would be like playing a game in an empty airplane hanger and 4 people there watching..not atmosphere at all. but what does Fargo have that Bismarck doesnt??

not to mention location, you get people from all over the state. how many people west of Bismarck would go to Fargo to watch the tourney, no way you get anyone from Bowman and towns in that side of the state to go unless their team made it.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby bballuvr » Sat Dec 22, 2007 12:11 am

I'm sure that any team that makes it would go to Billings, Montana if they had to.

Bismarck is by far number 1 in my opinion. They seem to appreciate the fans and players and the tournament being there.

It seems we are in a time of "fairness" and other towns need to have their chance to host.

My vote would be a lifetime contract for Bismarck.
bballuvr
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby SnuggleMuffin » Sat Dec 22, 2007 12:55 am

bballuvr wrote:I'm sure that any team that makes it would go to Billings, Montana if they had to.

Bismarck is by far number 1 in my opinion. They seem to appreciate the fans and players and the tournament being there.

It seems we are in a time of "fairness" and other towns need to have their chance to host.

My vote would be a lifetime contract for Bismarck.

Agreed..I really do like Bismark.
Its a good host and its about equal driving distance for everyone..
Its a good place to have it hands down..
SnuggleMuffin

Postby hammer63 » Sat Dec 22, 2007 3:15 pm

Vicarious wrote:My favorite would have to be Bismarck, but Minot has a nice facility and I can commute to the games if I want. In short--Anywhere But Fargo!!

I couldn't agree more I live closer to Fargo than Bismarck but would still go to Bismarck State B's and skip the Fargo ones you are so far away from any of the action and it's so quiet in the huge Dome that it kills the atmosphere my second choice would have to be Minot they also have great atmosphere. In Jamestown there is nothing to do on the down time in between games.
hammer63

Postby SnuggleMuffin » Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:29 pm

hammer63 wrote:
Vicarious wrote:My favorite would have to be Bismarck, but Minot has a nice facility and I can commute to the games if I want. In short--Anywhere But Fargo!!

I couldn't agree more I live closer to Fargo than Bismarck but would still go to Bismarck State B's and skip the Fargo ones you are so far away from any of the action and it's so quiet in the huge Dome that it kills the atmosphere my second choice would have to be Minot they also have great atmosphere. In Jamestown there is nothing to do on the down time in between games.

Jamestown would be ridiculous...Why would we wanna do that..
Andd I really wouldnt like Minot all that much..
I really think they should just hold it in Bismark every year..Its not like a team gets any kind of home court advantage holding it there every year..
Just pick a neutral spot right in the middle of the state..BIz town's civic center is thee best
SnuggleMuffin

Postby basketballer » Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:33 pm

SnuggleMuffin wrote:
hammer63 wrote:

I really think they should just hold it in Bismark every year..Its not like a team gets any kind of home court advantage holding it there every year..
Just pick a neutral spot right in the middle of the state..BIz town's civic center is thee best

I guess there are people that could make an arguement that Shiloh gets a home court advantage...but i get what you mean.
basketballer

Postby SnuggleMuffin » Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:40 pm

basketballer wrote:
SnuggleMuffin wrote:
hammer63 wrote:

I guess there are people that could make an arguement that Shiloh gets a home court advantage...but i get what you mean.

Ya know...Im not a 100% positive but does Shiloh even get to play at the civic during the year?
Anddd when Shiloh starts winning consecutive state championships..That might change my opinion.
But as of now..the Civic Center is a neutral gym with a good atmosphere..Walking distance from the mall..
And not to mention Dippin Dots!
SnuggleMuffin

Postby basketballer » Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:43 pm

SnuggleMuffin wrote:
basketballer wrote:
SnuggleMuffin wrote:
hammer63 wrote:

Ya know...Im not a 100% positive but does Shiloh even get to play at the civic during the year?
Anddd when Shiloh starts winning consecutive state championships..That might change my opinion.
But as of now..the Civic Center is a neutral gym with a good atmosphere..Walking distance from the mall..
And not to mention Dippin Dots!

I have no clue. But i guess people could say they get to sleep in their own beds, eat at home, etc. But imo it isn't that much if not any of an advantage really. The best team will win.
basketballer

Next

Return to Boys