Who is the best ball player in the state?

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Who is the best ball player in the state?

Postby basketballer » Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:03 pm

BballFan1307 wrote:
basketballer wrote:
baseball wrote:
basketballer wrote:
sportsmart wrote:
basketballer wrote:Class B Class A
1. Austin Dufault 1. Jordan May
2. Jamie Mauch 2. Tanner Farkus
3. Caleb Shockman 3. Zach Elgie

Note: A couple of players i have not seen play, therefore i am going by what i have seen on this site and what i have heard from people who have.

Shockman??????? No way he is tall, but there are way better players. I agree with Austin. Mauch is in the top 10 don't think he is #3.

Ya Shockman...
Who do you think is better? Carlbloom got shut down by him and Shockman lit him up.

Vetter, Marshall, Young Bird, Nichols, Jarek Hansen....to name a few

Can you give him some props yet? He has scored at least 21 points against top 5 teams at the time. And a game high 43 against LMM, then 21 again against a solid team it sounds like in Carrington.

There can't be many people who can guard him. He has the speed and ball handling of a guard and obviously the height and post moves of his position (a post) The only person that i know of that can guard him from the sounds of it is Austin Dufault.

i think that Mauch would put up a good fight against him and hold his own, but ya never know, they'd probably put him on holen who knows? thats how versatile Mauch is.

Oh ya i forgot about Mauch. Those two would most likely guard eachother. I highly doubt they would put Mauch on Holen... Mauch is another player like Shockman. How much points is he averaging this year if you know?
basketballer

Postby BballFan1307 » Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:12 pm

i dont know...they could put him on holen, hes one of the, if not THE most athletic player in the state. but yeah i dont think they have anyone with his height to guard shockman
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby basketballer » Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:15 pm

BballFan1307 wrote:i dont know...they could put him on holen, hes one of the, if not THE most athletic player in the state. but yeah i dont think they have anyone with his height to guard shockman

He is pretty athletic but if Mauch doesn't guard Shockman who would? And no disrespect to Holen he is a good player, but if you are basing him on Jake Holen i am just saying Jake was a level above Ben.
basketballer

Postby BballFan1307 » Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:17 pm

yeah i know ben doesnt compare to jake, i just thought he's a pretty good shooter and can score off the dribble pretty well. I dont think Hankinson has much height this year. As for Mauch haveing a similar style as Shockman, Mauch doesnt play post that much, from what i've seen he's more of their guard or creator and shockman plays post .
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Jumpshot Jesus » Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:50 am

I dont know why every one is so set on Austin Dufault as the best player I think that he just did really good in that tsummer league. I think when he gets to colorado he will see how good hes not. Dont get me wrong hes a good player but not as hyped up as everyone thinks
Jumpshot Jesus

Postby baseball » Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:21 am

Jumpshot Jesus wrote:I dont know why every one is so set on Austin Dufault as the best player I think that he just did really good in that tsummer league. I think when he gets to colorado he will see how good hes not. Dont get me wrong hes a good player but not as hyped up as everyone thinks

noone is saying he is the next Kevin Durant or best in the country. but best in the state on his level, and whole state, he is
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseballlvr » Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:14 pm

what about BJ Mertens for Devils Lake or Zach Elgie for Minot. Those two have been some pretty important players in the last couple years.
baseballlvr
NDPreps Starter

Postby HS Ballers » Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:01 pm

anit couz wrote:
HS Ballers wrote:Hey. Your forgetting that Gunville went to excelleration this summer i heard, man. And he has been working "really hard." At least that was what dunseith supporters were saying left and right on this sight. You better recognize the big (and recently more agile) guy.

i just threw his name out there cuz hes a good player, oviously not one of the best players in state. I think some those players are, but not all of them named, everytime one of the dunseith players are named; minot ryan kids jump on it like

ya well this thread is about the Best player in the state.
HS Ballers

Postby baseball » Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:22 pm

baseballlvr wrote:what about BJ Mertens for Devils Lake or Zach Elgie for Minot. Those two have been some pretty important players in the last couple years.

why do Class A names keep coming into a Class B topic??
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:04 pm

The topic is "Who is the best ball player in the state?," not "Who is the best ball player in Class B?." People may not all agree that the best player is Dufault, and that would be why other names are brought up.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseballlvr » Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:47 pm

baseball wrote:
baseballlvr wrote:what about BJ Mertens for Devils Lake or Zach Elgie for Minot. Those two have been some pretty important players in the last couple years.

why do Class A names keep coming into a Class B topic??

i'm sorry, i didn't know we couldn't. It just says the best players in the state. not the best players in Class B. just thought i'd mention them
baseballlvr
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball » Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:20 pm

look what thread its in...Boys Basketball - class B
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby project-pat » Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:25 pm

Dragon32 should specify though...very easy to confuse the purpose of the topic...rookie poster, no big deal haha
project-pat

Postby baseball » Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:35 pm

true...ill let it slide but tis happened a few times so i was just checked what the deal was
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:41 pm

Why would this even be a topic is Class A players can't be used? Who in Class B compares favorably to him?
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseballlvr » Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:31 am

How bout Reid Haagenson for Minnewaukan/Leeds. he's averaging 23 points a game. i had a chance to watch him play, and he couldn't miss. pretty rediculous. He's shooting almost 50 % from 3pt. territory.
baseballlvr
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball » Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:42 am

balla45 wrote:Why would this even be a topic is Class A players can't be used? Who in Class B compares favorably to him?

because class A has their own thread and this one is in the class B thread...indicating that they only wanna talk about the best class B player
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:06 pm

baseball wrote:
balla45 wrote:Why would this even be a topic is Class A players can't be used? Who in Class B compares favorably to him?

because class A has their own thread and this one is in the class B thread...indicating that they only wanna talk about the best class B player

Nothing indicates this topic is only for Class B players. It is stated in the title, "player in the STATE." That would be like saying, because Class A makes a Mr. Basketball topic, Dufault shouldn't be mentioned because he is from Class B.

I would also have to add that you in the past have complained about Class A not talking in Class B threads.

by baseball on Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:48 pm
i also like how Class A thinks its better even on preps.....Class B Basketball makes a mr bball for 07-08 topic so instead of talkin on that one Class A has to make there own....good work

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Big Ticket » Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:47 pm

Baseball just thinks he's really important
Big Ticket
NDPreps Starter

Postby Nardley » Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:55 pm

1. Austin Dufault
2. Austin Dufault
3. Austin Dufault

he is "Tu_big" for any competition that north dakota or colorado has to offer
Nardley

Postby baseballlvr » Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:03 pm

Big Ticket wrote:Baseball just thinks he's really important

Guys, it's not that big of a deal, it was all just a misunderstanding. Baseball is just saying that since we're in the Class B basketball, we should just talk about Class B players. Since this topic is in the Class B boys basketball, it should be understood that it's best in the state class B players.
baseballlvr
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball » Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:09 pm

baseballlvr wrote:

Guys, it's not that big of a deal, it was all just a misunderstanding. Baseball is just saying that since we're in the Class B basketball, we should just talk about Class B players. Since this topic is in the Class B boys basketball, it should be understood that it's best in the state class B players.

thats all i was saying, use some common sense. Best player in a class B thread is obviously set up for just class B players, where Mr Bball is an award for both A & B and 2 topics arent needed for the same conversation.

for future reference, it is true im a big deal and i only care about me...its out there now, sorry it took so long
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseballlvr » Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:14 pm

baseball wrote:
baseballlvr wrote:

thats all i was saying, use some common sense. Best player in a class B thread is obviously set up for just class B players, where Mr Bball is an award for both A & B and 2 topics arent needed for the same conversation.

for future reference, it is true im a big deal and i only care about me...its out there now, sorry it took so long

Well when you say that Mr. Bball is for boy A&B and two topics aren't needed, that could go for best players in the state too. and i didn't say that it's not a big deal so that you could talk highly about yourself, i said it so everybody would cool off.
baseballlvr
NDPreps Starter

Postby wjo » Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:51 pm

baseballlvr wrote:How bout Reid Haagenson for Minnewaukan/Leeds. he's averaging 23 points a game. i had a chance to watch him play, and he couldn't miss. pretty rediculous. He's shooting almost 50 % from 3pt. territory.

Haagenson didn't even get in all-tourney at Ramsey tourney
wjo

Postby baseballlvr » Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:54 pm

wjo wrote:
baseballlvr wrote:How bout Reid Haagenson for Minnewaukan/Leeds. he's averaging 23 points a game. i had a chance to watch him play, and he couldn't miss. pretty rediculous. He's shooting almost 50 % from 3pt. territory.

Haagenson didn't even get in all-tourney at Ramsey tourney

ya, well i heard the whole Mnwkn/Leeds team had a rough Ramsey Tourney. i guess some players just had better games....
baseballlvr
NDPreps Starter

PreviousNext

Return to Boys