Who is the best ball player in the state?

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Who is the best ball player in the state?

Postby thundercat 99 » Fri Dec 21, 2007 5:00 pm

If you are trying to be funny, ha ha.
If not, then stop putting useless posts on here.
''You play to win the game!''
thundercat 99
NDPreps Starter

Postby SnuggleMuffin » Fri Dec 21, 2007 5:01 pm

thundercat 99 wrote:If you are trying to be funny, ha ha.
If not, then stop putting useless posts on here.

Haha..You cant say you didnt laugh at that one..
But seriously..This subject should be closed.
Dufault is the best in the state..
It should be asking who is the 2nd best haha
SnuggleMuffin

Postby thundercat 99 » Fri Dec 21, 2007 5:04 pm

I did laugh at that one :D
''You play to win the game!''
thundercat 99
NDPreps Starter

Postby SnuggleMuffin » Fri Dec 21, 2007 5:32 pm

thundercat 99 wrote:I did laugh at that one :D

haha..Thatta kid..
But yah all im saying is Dufault is the best in the state
Subject closed :D
SnuggleMuffin

Postby anit couz » Tue Dec 25, 2007 7:25 pm

6'6" john gunville is a really solid player
anit couz

Postby baseball4life » Tue Dec 25, 2007 7:34 pm

anit couz wrote:6'6" john gunville is a really solid player

He isnt the best player on his team... let alone in the state
baseball4life
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby anit couz » Tue Dec 25, 2007 7:40 pm

baseball4life wrote:

we'll with all the random names presented,.,i would say john gunville is better then half and im pretty sure he is the best player on his team this year,.,most rebs, pts, and 3pointers
anit couz

Postby baseball4life » Tue Dec 25, 2007 7:44 pm

anit couz wrote:
baseball4life wrote:

we'll with all the random names presented,.,i would say john gunville is better then half and im pretty sure he is the best player on his team this year,.,most rebs, pts, and 3pointers

Honestly, and i am saying he is a good player dont get me wrong, but i would say that Allery and Decoutou are both better then him. i think he leads the team because opposing teams have to stop those two, and he gets alot of open looks because of it. dont get me wrong though because he is a very good player
baseball4life
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby anit couz » Tue Dec 25, 2007 7:51 pm

baseball4life wrote:
anit couz wrote:
baseball4life wrote:

Honestly, and i am saying he is a good player dont get me wrong, but i would say that Allery and Decoutou are both better then him. i think he leads the team because opposing teams have to stop those two, and he gets alot of open looks because of it. dont get me wrong though because he is a very good player

your probably right,...its common to have the "3rd" best player on the team lead in all the offensive statstics,
anit couz

Postby HS Ballers » Wed Dec 26, 2007 1:02 am

Hey. Your forgetting that Gunville went to excelleration this summer i heard, man. And he has been working "really hard." At least that was what dunseith supporters were saying left and right on this sight. You better recognize the big (and recently more agile) guy.
HS Ballers

Postby anit couz » Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:07 am

HS Ballers wrote:Hey. Your forgetting that Gunville went to excelleration this summer i heard, man. And he has been working "really hard." At least that was what dunseith supporters were saying left and right on this sight. You better recognize the big (and recently more agile) guy.

i just threw his name out there cuz hes a good player, oviously not one of the best players in state. I think some those players are, but not all of them named, everytime one of the dunseith players are named; minot ryan kids jump on it like
anit couz

Postby baseball4life » Wed Dec 26, 2007 12:01 pm

anit couz wrote:
HS Ballers wrote:Hey. Your forgetting that Gunville went to excelleration this summer i heard, man. And he has been working "really hard." At least that was what dunseith supporters were saying left and right on this sight. You better recognize the big (and recently more agile) guy.

i just threw his name out there cuz hes a good player, oviously not one of the best players in state. I think some those players are, but not all of them named, everytime one of the dunseith players are named; minot ryan kids jump on it like

No where did i say he was a bad player. i am just saying that he gets all of his open looks because teams have to key on allery and decotou.
baseball4life
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Mauer07 » Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:17 pm

SnuggleMuffin wrote:Keller...From Trinity

he isnt even the best player on their team.... does robbie morey come to mind??
You can't measure the heart of a champion
Mauer07
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby chevyman11 » Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:25 pm

Mauer07 wrote:

ive seen morey play a couple times, and he can hit 3's, but definitley not the best player in the state.
chevyman11
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby project-pat » Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:52 pm

chevyman11 wrote:
Mauer07 wrote:

ive seen morey play a couple times, and he can hit 3's, but definitley not the best player in the state.

you must not watch closely enough...the kid is more than just a 3 point threat...but I still agree he's not the best in the state, not even the best on the team...my vote goes for selinger on that squad.
project-pat

Postby ball23 » Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:38 pm

Don't get me wrong Dufault is a good player...IMO Luke Martinez is the best in the state, but Killdeer should have a better record if they have the best player in the state on their team.
ball23

Postby baseball » Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:47 pm

ball23 wrote:Don't get me wrong Dufault is a good player...IMO Luke Martinez is the best in the state, but Killdeer should have a better record if they have the best player in the state on their team.

Class B....therefore, Martinez is out of the running.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:12 pm

ball23 wrote:Don't get me wrong Dufault is a good player...IMO Luke Martinez is the best in the state, but Killdeer should have a better record if they have the best player in the state on their team.

Martinez is getting 22 points 5 rebounds and 2 assists per game. He was All-WDA as a junior.
May is getting 23 points 3 rebounds 3 assists and 3 steals per game. While shooting over 50% from 3 and over 80% from the line. He also has a state championship and was an All-Stater as a junior.
Farkas is getting around 23 points 5 rebounds 4 assists and 3 steals per game. He is a 3 year starter, was All-EDC as a sophomore, and All-State as a junior.
Mertens is getting around 25 points 8 rebounds 6 assists and 2 steals per game. He is also a returning All-Stater.
DUFAULT is getting somewhere in the neighborhood of 29 points and 10 rebounds. Scouthoops.com has him rated as the #33 forward in the nation. This alone makes him the best player in the state, in the opinion of college recruiters. He is also a returning All-Stater.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Mauer07 » Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:09 pm

chevyman11 wrote:
Mauer07 wrote:

i meant that morey is the best player on the team not in the state but man does his future look bright
You can't measure the heart of a champion
Mauer07
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball » Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:13 pm

at scouthoops.com under the all category of the recruits he is the #100 ranked recruit in the country (33 for a PF). Division I....the thing that says Dufault is the best player in the state.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndcoach297 » Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:55 am

baseball wrote:at scouthoops.com under the all category of the recruits he is the #100 ranked recruit in the country (33 for a PF). Division I....the thing that says Dufault is the best player in the state.

Agree!!
ndcoach297

Postby basketballer » Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:56 am

Dufault or May is the best in the state. I think they are pretty even right now, but Dufault has WAY more potential. imo.
basketballer

Postby basketballer » Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:21 pm

baseball wrote:
basketballer wrote:
sportsmart wrote:
basketballer wrote:Class B Class A
1. Austin Dufault 1. Jordan May
2. Jamie Mauch 2. Tanner Farkus
3. Caleb Shockman 3. Zach Elgie

Note: A couple of players i have not seen play, therefore i am going by what i have seen on this site and what i have heard from people who have.

Shockman??????? No way he is tall, but there are way better players. I agree with Austin. Mauch is in the top 10 don't think he is #3.

Ya Shockman...
Who do you think is better? Carlbloom got shut down by him and Shockman lit him up.

Vetter, Marshall, Young Bird, Nichols, Jarek Hansen....to name a few

Can you give him some props yet? He has scored at least 21 points against top 5 teams at the time. And a game high 43 against LMM, then 21 again against a solid team it sounds like in Carrington.

There can't be many people who can guard him. He has the speed and ball handling of a guard and obviously the height and post moves of his position (a post) The only person that i know of that can guard him from the sounds of it is Austin Dufault.
basketballer

Postby sodadrinker » Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:41 pm

bj mertens luke martinez r between 2nd and 3rd.....the question isnt who is the best in the state...its who is the second best becuz no one compares to dufault
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby BballFan1307 » Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:55 pm

basketballer wrote:
baseball wrote:
basketballer wrote:
sportsmart wrote:
basketballer wrote:Class B Class A
1. Austin Dufault 1. Jordan May
2. Jamie Mauch 2. Tanner Farkus
3. Caleb Shockman 3. Zach Elgie

Note: A couple of players i have not seen play, therefore i am going by what i have seen on this site and what i have heard from people who have.

Shockman??????? No way he is tall, but there are way better players. I agree with Austin. Mauch is in the top 10 don't think he is #3.

Ya Shockman...
Who do you think is better? Carlbloom got shut down by him and Shockman lit him up.

Vetter, Marshall, Young Bird, Nichols, Jarek Hansen....to name a few

Can you give him some props yet? He has scored at least 21 points against top 5 teams at the time. And a game high 43 against LMM, then 21 again against a solid team it sounds like in Carrington.

There can't be many people who can guard him. He has the speed and ball handling of a guard and obviously the height and post moves of his position (a post) The only person that i know of that can guard him from the sounds of it is Austin Dufault.

i think that Mauch would put up a good fight against him and hold his own, but ya never know, they'd probably put him on holen who knows? thats how versatile Mauch is.
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

PreviousNext

Return to Boys