Why not the "Betty"?

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Why not the "Betty"?

Postby Flyer » Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:35 am

ITS not GOING TO BE in the BETTY GET OVER IT!! DONE.. If you are so upset and you are going to play in the Tourney take it out on your opponent!!
Flyer

Postby vizio » Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:14 am

More like take it out on Grafton...My theory is if the girls can get an upset the boys can get an upset and I hope NB steps up to them they can win..
vizio

Postby prosser5 » Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:13 am

I think its pretty unfair that regionals are being played in Grafton this year. All the kids that play will tell you the same thing too. It would be retarded to make it to regionals and play Grafton first round on their home court. Isnt it unfair to all the other teams?????? The Betty had a pretty cool atmosphere and is a lot of fun to play in, it makes you feel like your playing a college basketball game or something, its pretty exciting. But Grafton? I dont think thats fair at all, not that my opinion really matters but im just throwing that out there.

Good Luck to everyone at regionals
prosser5

Postby Flyer » Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:41 am

prosser5 wrote:I think its pretty unfair that regionals are being played in Grafton this year. All the kids that play will tell you the same thing too. It would be retarded to make it to regionals and play Grafton first round on their home court. Isnt it unfair to all the other teams?????? The Betty had a pretty cool atmosphere and is a lot of fun to play in, it makes you feel like your playing a college basketball game or something, its pretty exciting. But Grafton? I dont think thats fair at all, not that my opinion really matters but im just throwing that out there.

Good Luck to everyone at regionals

I feel there is no doubt an advantage of playing at home..But again quit whinning the baskets are 10 ft high, the lane, ft line, three point line, the whole floor is the same size /distance..This is where it is going to be this year and if it is bothering you now it will bother you when and if you get there and you won't play very well. My honest opinion is if there is a site, like there is (the Betty), and it is neutral it should be there. Some Regions such as Region 7 do not have another facility that would hold the crowd, but Region 2 does and they should use that. So for NEXT YEAR the thought should be: Whats fair to the players??? That is what is important not if a town gets X amount of dollars..
Flyer

Postby shooter » Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:49 am

It will be in the Betty for the next 2 years. My sources say that it has already been voted on and the option will be revisited after that. The discussion should be over. Obviously with the girls last night home court doesn't mean anything if you don't come to play.
shooter
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Flyer » Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:40 pm

shooter wrote:It will be in the Betty for the next 2 years. My sources say that it has already been voted on and the option will be revisited after that. The discussion should be over. Obviously with the girls last night home court doesn't mean anything if you don't come to play.

That was in Grafton?? I thougth that was at the Betty???
Flyer

Postby shooter » Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:35 pm

Sorry people, I had an extremely slow moment in saying that the girls was in Grafton. I knew it was at the Betty and was just so excited that Grafton lost and that hopefully NB does the same to the boys on their home court I forgot what I was talking about!
shooter
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby hoopsattm » Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:47 am

The topic will never be over, until someone explains the real reason the whole thing went down in the first place. Some people are simply incapable of stepping up to the plate and telling the truth. Heard from a very reliable source or two that the vote at a recent coaches' meeting was heavily in favor of getting it back to the Betty. Including "Betty" votes from every single coach from the southern district. In district 4 there are a couple of schools that don't let the coaches or their players have any say in where it should be. I find that peculiar, very peculiar. Doesn't everyone else find that peculiar?
hoopsattm
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndlionsfan » Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:56 am

This topic is over.....its been discussed since the start of the season and is going nowhere.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Previous

Return to Boys