Week 2 Top Ten

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Week 2 Top Ten

Postby Sioux » Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:05 pm

What are everyone's opinions on this weeks top ten?

1. Watford City
2. Lamoure
3. Mott-Regent (?)
4. Dakota Praire
5. Stark--Munich (?)
6. Turtle Lake Mercer
7.Hazen
8. Dunseith
9. Parshall
10. Grafton
I am not sure on a couple of these teams in the top 5 as I do not know if they have lost
Sioux

Re: Week 2 Top Ten

Postby baller01 » Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:11 pm

Sioux wrote:What are everyone's opinions on this weeks top ten?

1. Watford City
2. Lamoure
3. Mott-Regent (?)
4. Dakota Praire
5. Stark--Munich (?)
6. Turtle Lake Mercer
7.Hazen
8. Dunseith
9. Parshall
10. Grafton
I am not sure on a couple of these teams in the top 5 as I do not know if they have lost

Mott-Regent lost by 18 there first game. They won't be in the top 10 let alone 3.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Sioux » Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:17 pm

baller01 wrote:

1. Watford City
2. Lamoure
3. Mott-Regent (?)
4. Dakota Praire
5. Stark--Munich (?)
6. Turtle Lake Mercer
7.Hazen
8. Dunseith
9. Parshall
10. Grafton

Mott-Regent lost by 18 there first game. They won't be in the top 10 let alone 3.

OK..That's why I had a ? by them..Who did they lose to? They did win the Hettinger Tourney didn't they? I thought they could have been undefeated..Thanks for the information
Sioux

Postby baller01 » Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:45 pm

Sioux wrote:
baller01 wrote:

1. Watford City
2. Lamoure
3. Mott-Regent (?)
4. Dakota Praire
5. Stark--Munich (?)
6. Turtle Lake Mercer
7.Hazen
8. Dunseith
9. Parshall
10. Grafton

OK..That's why I had a ? by them..Who did they lose to? They did win the Hettinger Tourney didn't they? I thought they could have been undefeated..Thanks for the information

They lost to Linton, 65-47.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby luckyinlife » Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:07 pm

1. Watford City
2. Lamoure
3. Mott-Regent (?)
4. Dakota Praire
5. Stark--Munich (?)
6. Turtle Lake Mercer
7.Hazen
8. Dunseith
9. Parshall
10. Grafton

Lisbon should still be in the mix. They lost to LaMoure in OT at LaMoure. It is hard to say if LaMoure is really worthy of being ranked higher than Hazen. Afterall, Hazen had played Friday night whereas LaMoure did not. Considering that LaMoure scored big in the 4th quarter, it could be argued that Hazen lost their legs in the 4th.

All that being said, LaMoure has a much improved defense over last year. It was their defense that kept them in the last two games and a "won't give up" attitude that won it for them. That's a recipe for success.
luckyinlife
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball » Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:09 pm

LaMoure played OT on thursday, and Hazen played in a blowout on friday so its not like the starters were out there all game, atleast i hop not...i would say the legs were about even
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndsportsfan14 » Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:59 pm

baseball wrote:LaMoure played OT on thursday, and Hazen played in a blowout on friday so its not like the starters were out there all game, atleast i hop not...i would say the legs were about even

There's always an excuse for something ain't there
ndsportsfan14
NDPreps All-State

Postby TIMJACKSON » Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:38 pm

1. Watford City
2. Lamoure
3. Mott-Regent (?)
4. Dakota Praire
5. Stark--Munich (?)
6. Turtle Lake Mercer
7.Hazen
8. Dunseith
9. Parshall
10. Grafton

Munich Starkweather is 2-0 right now after beating Harvey yesterday
TIMJACKSON

Postby cubsfan » Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:56 am

Has Linton lost yet? If not they deserve to be in the top ten with them beating a good Mott-Regent team.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndlionsfan » Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:11 am

Does anyone know who also received votes in this week's poll?
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby baller01 » Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:00 pm

cubsfan wrote:Has Linton lost yet? If not they deserve to be in the top ten with them beating a good Mott-Regent team.

No they are 3-0. They beat Mott-Regent 65-47, Wilton-Wing 70-56, and Mobridge, SD 70-58.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:05 pm

1. Watford City
2. Lamoure
3. Mott-Regent (?)
4. Dakota Praire
5. Stark--Munich (?)
6. Turtle Lake Mercer
7.Hazen
8. Dunseith
9. Parshall
10. Grafton

Just curious as to why NB was bounced out of the top ten. They are 3-0 right now so I was just wondering why they are not up there anymore.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndlionsfan » Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:26 pm

What is the point of this topic then? The poll comes out weekly. It's almost impossible to predict the complete top 10 ranked teams, especially this early in the year. Why not just wait until the poll is released this week and then discuss it??
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby luckyinlife » Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:30 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:What is the point of this topic then? The poll comes out weekly. It's almost impossible to predict the complete top 10 ranked teams, especially this early in the year. Why not just wait until the poll is released this week and then discuss it??

For the same reason that fans second guess coaches and critique players. . . we all think we know more than the next guy. What would we do with our time if we couldn't?
luckyinlife
NDPreps Starter

Postby ICU » Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:14 pm

baller01 wrote:
cubsfan wrote:Has Linton lost yet? If not they deserve to be in the top ten with them beating a good Mott-Regent team.

No they are 3-0. They beat Mott-Regent 65-47, Wilton-Wing 70-56, and Mobridge, SD 70-58.

Mott-Regent struggled that game. Lots of turnovers and just weren't prepared enough yet. Linton should be ranked though, they still have Puritun don't they?
ICU

Postby Sioux » Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:18 pm

ICU wrote:
baller01 wrote:

Mott-Regent struggled that game. Lots of turnovers and just weren't prepared enough yet. Linton should be ranked though, they still have Puritun don't they?

I agree, I didn't know they were undefeated still and they are a good team..Top 5 I bet in this weeks poll..
Sioux

Return to Boys