LaMoure vs Hazen

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

LaMoure vs Hazen

Postby basketballer » Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:08 pm

How does everyone think this game is going to go? Hazen is one of the favorites in the best region (region 7). And LaMoure is one of the favorites in the region that got last in state last year (region 3), but knocked off a tough Lisbon squad last night.
basketballer

Re: LaMoure vs Hazen

Postby rep » Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:38 pm

i doubted lamoure against lisbon and they won. so in keeping with that theme, i'll take hazen.
rep

Postby basketballer » Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:50 pm

I think it is going to be like the Lisbon-LaMoure matchup. Whoever plays the best d will win. And another key is for Shockman to stay out of foul trouble. I am not sure how Marshall does with foul trouble, but i am sure it will be key for him not to get in foul trouble. Anyways since Hazen is in region 7 i will go with them but it looks like the two teams are pretty even on paper.
basketballer

Postby magic715 » Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:22 pm

basketballer wrote:I think it is going to be like the Lisbon-LaMoure matchup. Whoever plays the best d will win. And another key is for Shockman to stay out of foul trouble. I am not sure how Marshall does with foul trouble, but i am sure it will be key for him not to get in foul trouble. Anyways since Hazen is in region 7 i will go with them but it looks like the two teams are pretty even on paper.

When i make predictions they seem to be way off, but being Region 7 has been really strong the last few yrs, and Hazen seems to be really good, and Lamoures region seemed to be down last yr and they didnt make it, i will predict Hazen by 10 or more. And can anyone tell me why Ellwein isnt playing, did he get hurt in football? if so will he be back?
magic715

Postby Tu-Big » Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:24 pm

magic715 wrote:
basketballer wrote:I think it is going to be like the Lisbon-LaMoure matchup. Whoever plays the best d will win. And another key is for Shockman to stay out of foul trouble. I am not sure how Marshall does with foul trouble, but i am sure it will be key for him not to get in foul trouble. Anyways since Hazen is in region 7 i will go with them but it looks like the two teams are pretty even on paper.

When i make predictions they seem to be way off, but being Region 7 has been really strong the last few yrs, and Hazen seems to be really good, and Lamoures region seemed to be down last yr and they didnt make it, i will predict Hazen by 10 or more. And can anyone tell me why Ellwein isnt playing, did he get hurt in football? if so will he be back?

Ellwein quit so that he could concentrate on band, true story man...
Tu-Big

Postby baseball » Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:56 pm

Tu-Big wrote:
magic715 wrote:

Ellwein quit so that he could concentrate on band, true story man...

um.....what? haha
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby letsrap » Sat Dec 15, 2007 6:38 pm

which radio station is this game on via he web
letsrap
NDPreps Starter

Postby berry186 » Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:01 pm

is their a web cast on this game or any radio station or can anybody put updates on
berry186
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby munson11 » Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:30 pm

LaMoure 52
Hazen 46 OT
munson11

Postby baseball » Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:35 pm

LaMoure looks to be the real deal this time around...
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby letsrap » Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:47 pm

how was the Marshall vs Shockman matchup
letsrap
NDPreps Starter

Postby point/center » Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:54 am

Mike Weber of the Bis. Trib has the rundown--

By MICHAEL WEBER

Bismarck Tribune

Saturday night's boys basketball game between No. 2 Hazen and No. 6 LaMoure could have qualified as a "yawner."

If not for the last 6 minutes of the fourth quarter, and the overtime period, that is.

LaMoure roared back from a 13-point fourth-quarter deficit to force overtime, and then prevailed in the extra session 52-46 at the Bismarck Civic Center in the final game of the Hoopster Shootout. After struggling mightily for three-plus quarters, the Loboes scored 31 points in a span of 9:47 to earn their third win in as many games.

"You have to give our kids a lot of credit," LaMoure coach Darren Thielges said. "It was pretty frustrating for three quarters. We put up a lot of good shots in that time, but they didn't fall for us. But the kids didn't quit. Our offense started to click at the right time."

The Loboes trailed 34-21 early in the fourth quarter, but got back in it with a 6-0 run that began with 5:47 left.

The Bison responded with a 6-2 spurt that was capped by a Chad Marshall basket with 2:37 showing on the clock.

Then, Aaron Stemen started a 7-0 LaMoure run with a three-point play with 2:10 left. One minute and 50 seconds later, Ben Watkins banked in a 3-pointer from the right wing to pull the Loboes to within one, 40-39.

Hazen's Jacob Erhardt netted a pair of free throws with 18.2 seconds left to make it 42-39, but with time winding down, LaMoure's Ben Holen drained a 3-pointer to even the score at 42.

The Bison missed two floor shots, committed a turnover and twice missed the front end of a bonus in the final 2 minutes to enable the Loboes to battle back.

"We had opportunities to put them away. ... We just didn't execute down the stretch," said Hazen coach Randy Johnson, whose team fell to 2-1. "They made good on their opportunities to get back in it. They made the plays and hit some big shots."

Hazen led 46-44 with 2:09 left in the overtime following back-to-back baskets by Marshall, but it was all LaMoure the rest of the way. Caleb Shockman, who led all scorers with 21 points, tied the game at 46 with 1:56 to play. After a Hazen miss, the 6-foot-6 senior scored inside with 56 seconds on the clock to put the Loboes ahead to stay.

Shockman added two free throws 42 seconds later to make it 50-46.

Shockman said LaMoure's 6-0 run early in the fourth quarter was just the spark the Loboes needed.

"It was pretty sloppy, pretty bad before that," he said. "We couldn't get anything to drop, but all along we knew that if we made some stops and made some buckets, we could get back in it and give ourselves a chance. Our defense was playing well all the way through. We just had to score."

Both offenses had a difficult time scoring in this one. The Loboes shot 33 percent (19-for-57) from the floor, as did the Bison (17-for-51). Both teams committed 20 turnovers.

"This was a defensive game," Johnson said. "The only time either team got into any kind of a rhythm was late in the fourth quarter when (the Loboes) made their comeback."

Watkins and Holen each added 11 points for the Loboes. Holen also had nine rebounds.

Marshall led the Bison with 14 points and 14 rebounds. Erhardt had 12 points, seven rebounds, four assists and three steals.

Hazen 10 24 33 42 46

LaMoure 6 17 21 42 52

HAZEN (46): Chad Marshall 14, Jacob Erhardt 12, Colton Burr 5, Baylee Carr 4, Clay Brinkman 4, James Lorenz 4, Brian Sorensen 3. Totals: 17 10-15 46.

LaMOURE (52): Caleb Shockman 21, Ben Watkins 11, Ben Holen 11, Aaron Stemen 5, Donny Schrader 4. Totals: 19 12-14 52.

3-pointers: Hazen 2 (Burr, Lorenz), LaMoure 2 (Watkins, Holen). Fouls: Hazen 13, LaMoure 15. Fouled out: None.
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby basketballer » Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:51 pm

letsrap wrote:how was the Marshall vs Shockman matchup

Shockman had a good game, he missed a lot of easier shots, but came through at the end with some free throws a shots. Marshall imo (this is the only game i have seen them play) was only the second best player on his TEAM. Earhardt is a great defender and can shoot the rock. Marshall likes to push and go over the back. I think if refs watch him closer he will foul out by the first half.
basketballer

Postby luckyinlife » Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:59 pm

Marshall was guarded by Watkins.
luckyinlife
NDPreps Starter

Postby basketballer » Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:48 pm

luckyinlife wrote:

Marshall was guarded by Watkins.

and Shockman was either guarded by Sorenson or this other dude.
basketballer

Return to Boys