Hatton-Northwood @ Dakota Prairie

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Hatton-Northwood @ Dakota Prairie

Postby aggie football » Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:49 pm

Anybody know how this game went tonight?
aggie football

Re: Hatton-Northwood @ Dakota Prairie

Postby oldtimeballer » Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:57 pm

DP won by 12 or so............very physically game.
oldtimeballer

Postby pakkyzoo » Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:12 am

56-46 DP. Northwood-Hatton did a very good job of slowing the tempo down and limiting DP's positions. Strand and Wallace both had very solid games. They kept them in it, but ran out of gas and got into foul trouble in the end. Hatton-Northwood, was acutally winning most of the game until the 4th qaurter. Kueber and Nichols both had around 16 (not sure, but its a good guess). Frederick hit some big three point shots in the 4th quarter to stretch the lead to 10. I think Dakota Prairie played a little nervous tonight, it was a big game, Northwood-Hatton had something to prove. They came out right away and tryed to prove that they can do it without Kueber.

I realized something about Hatton-Northwood is that they have a very short bench. A couple players got into foul trouble for them tonight, and they were limited in who they could bring off. They maybe went 2 players off the bench. I also seen that one of their guards was injured. I think it was the Funseth kid, I don't know how much he plays, but I am sure it would help with the depth issue.

Dakota Prairie started slow and ended strong. In the end Nichols and Kueber just started just taking it to the whole on the Thunder's big guys (who were in foul trouble) and finishing along with Frederick's big three pointers put the Thunder away.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby blue steel » Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:50 am

I think you gotta give some credit too some of HN's role players. Big Cory Hajicek down low got a lot of rebounds and scored some points. Bilden played solid and that red head kid came off the bench and hit some big threes. I wasn't as impressed with Dakota Prairie's depth, but this is the first time i've seen them this year.
blue steel
NDPreps Starter

Postby District_Guru » Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:09 am

I am impressed that Dakota Praire held someone to 46 points. Maybe the will play good enough defense at the end of the year to stop Grafton?
District_Guru

Postby nc » Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:16 pm

H-N came out playing very hard and you could see that they had something to prove. They did an excellent job the whole game. Strand is a very good ball player and he did all he could for H-N. IN the 4th quarter DP pulled away with some big shots by fredrick and by Keuber and Nichols. Nichols ended up wih 15, Keuber has 21, and Fredrick had 9. DP did improve there defense a little bit in this game and i see it getting beter throughout the season.
nc
NDPreps Starter

Postby Thunder66 » Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:28 pm

District_Guru wrote:I am impressed that Dakota Praire held someone to 46 points. Maybe the will play good enough defense at the end of the year to stop Grafton?

I think that had more to do with HN keeping the tempo down than DP playing good defense, although they played better defensively than I expected. In the end it just came down to Kueber and Nichols taking over. Wallace looked like he could handle whichever one he had but it seemed like Hajicek and Staskivige couldn't stop them unless they fouled and that turned into a few big 3 point plays. I think its safe to say these are the two best teams in the district but its gonna be a lot closer than some might've thought. There's a lot of inexperience throughout the district and come tournament time almost every team is going to look a lot different.
Thunder66

Postby aggie football » Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:28 am

Box Score from Grand Forks Herald

DAKOTA PRAIRIE 56,
HATTON-NORTHWOOD 46

Dakota Prairie 12 11 8 25 56
Hatton-Northwood 14 11 11 10 46

Hatton-Northwood:Benjamin Strand 12, Andrew Workin 9, Tyler Bilden 5, Mark Wallace 12, Spencer Huus 4, Cory Hajicek 4
Dakota Prairie-Ross Severson 9, Seth Frederick 9, Kyle Lamb 2, Seth Nichols 15, Gus Kueber 21
aggie football

Return to Boys