Dunseith beats Bishop Ryan (63-57)

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Dunseith beats Bishop Ryan (63-57)

Postby dunseithdragon06 » Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:25 pm

I was just wondering, if there were any thoughts on the game. Who do you think was overrated now!!!!
dunseithdragon06
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Dunseith beats Bishop Ryan (63-57)

Postby bbjay » Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:31 pm

Big win for Dunseith....that is one tough gym to play in! I think Dunseith was overlooking Mohall last week and looking towards this game. It's early, but these two are definately the top teams in region 6 and they'll probably play again. I think Dunseith beat them in the regular season last year too if I remember right....so don't get too excited yet.
75% of the time..it works every time.
bbjay
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby dunseithdragon06 » Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:36 pm

the only reason i'm excited is becuz everyone put down dunseith and said they were way to overrated, well now they proved that it was bishop ryan that was overrated for the start of the season, and to be honest, people say dunseith ain't anything without the two big guys, and it may be true, but bishop ryan ain't anything without vetter.
dunseithdragon06
NDPreps Reserve

Postby forloveofthegame » Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:18 am

I was at the game and unfortunately nothing was going in for those Ryan kids. Dunseith just outplayed them. And true Vetter is their best asset, but nobody could hit a shot for them tonight. Yet, they did the same thing last year too and we all know how that ended. And it's very true, it's a hard gym to play in. There were probably 30 Ryan fans. 250 Dunseith fans along with every school around the area there to cheer not necessarily for Dunseith but just against Bishop Ryan. To be honest a number one ranking this early in the year is just a target on your back. It was a good, intense game and should make for an excellent re-match and exciting season.
forloveofthegame
NDPreps Reserve

Postby mags » Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:46 am

nah... ryan hit some shots...ryans fans did not travel and dunseith had an awesome crowd tonight. overall dunseith just played a better game.vetter is ryans best but not all they have and whoever says dunseith is nothing without the big guys is very wrong becuz #23 i think the new kid is better then both of them.
so it was very true that surrounding schools werent cheering for dunseith but against ryan and i was wondering why do people have to cheer against ryan?
there kids were very very classy in the losing effort, never do anything dirty and recruiting.. please they never get new kids yet other teams like .... dlb, mohall, dunseith ... to name a few all have gotton new kids recently
mags
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball » Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:49 am

forloveofthegame wrote:I was at the game and unfortunately nothing was going in for those Ryan kids. Dunseith just outplayed them. And true Vetter is their best asset, but nobody could hit a shot for them tonight. Yet, they did the same thing last year too and we all know how that ended. And it's very true, it's a hard gym to play in. There were probably 30 Ryan fans. 250 Dunseith fans along with every school around the area there to cheer not necessarily for Dunseith but just against Bishop Ryan. To be honest a number one ranking this early in the year is just a target on your back. It was a good, intense game and should make for an excellent re-match and exciting season.

its almost always like that when a class b team travels during the week when there is school the next day. its mainly just family members of the players in the crowd that travel and maybe a dozen students.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby kobe4mvp » Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:47 am

Last edited by kobe4mvp on Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
kobe4mvp

Postby forloveofthegame » Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:44 am

I know that of course Dunseith would have a huge crowd at home. What was suprising I guess was area schools there to cheer against Ryan. The Dunseith crowd was pumped and loud. They showed sportsmanship, unfortunately those opposing teams that came in made themeselves look horrible. Dunseith did not need their negative support, they had enough positive support in their stands. I now hope Dunseith and Ryan both hand it to them. All else aside, minus the crowd, it was a great game and everyone on both sides worked very hard. Dunseith came out on fire, and Ryan can't feel too bad about losing to them the way they played last night.
forloveofthegame
NDPreps Reserve

Postby fb fan 4 life » Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:34 am

mags wrote:nah... ryan hit some shots...ryans fans did not travel and dunseith had an awesome crowd tonight. overall dunseith just played a better game.vetter is ryans best but not all they have and whoever says dunseith is nothing without the big guys is very wrong becuz #23 i think the new kid is better then both of them.
so it was very true that surrounding schools werent cheering for dunseith but against ryan and i was wondering why do people have to cheer against ryan?
there kids were very very classy in the losing effort, never do anything dirty and recruiting.. please they never get new kids yet other teams like .... dlb, mohall, dunseith ... to name a few all have gotton new kids recently

I know mohall has a new kid but who does dlb have that is new? Ryan doesn't recruit? Please...
fb fan 4 life

Postby forloveofthegame » Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:01 am

Oh my god. The recruit thing again seriously? Yeah, all 5 starters have gone to Ryan since the 7th grade. They must have been amazing in the 6th grade for Ryan to recruit them. Like, really really amazing.
forloveofthegame
NDPreps Reserve

Postby number33 » Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:02 pm

forloveofthegame wrote:Oh my god. The recruit thing again seriously? Yeah, all 5 starters have gone to Ryan since the 7th grade. They must have been amazing in the 6th grade for Ryan to recruit them. Like, really really amazing.

I'm Pretty sure Dunseith Doesnt Recruit and yeah all of the player been their and only one move with his dad... but yeah people are just saying that because dunseith beat ryan last night who supposed to be the #1 team in the whole state and dunseith who everyone thinks is underated beat them !!!!!! :)
number33
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Bill Cartwright » Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:48 pm

This just proves that the region is wide open this year and it all depends on who shows up to play. Minot Ryan is good, but I would have to agree with them being overrated. I wouldn't be suprised if either of these two teams got upset in the region tourney.
Bill Cartwright

Postby baseball » Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:52 pm

number33 wrote:
forloveofthegame wrote:Oh my god. The recruit thing again seriously? Yeah, all 5 starters have gone to Ryan since the 7th grade. They must have been amazing in the 6th grade for Ryan to recruit them. Like, really really amazing.

I'm Pretty sure Dunseith Doesnt Recruit and yeah all of the player been their and only one move with his dad... but yeah people are just saying that because dunseith beat ryan last night who supposed to be the #1 team in the whole state and dunseith who everyone thinks is underated beat them !!!!!! :)

i gaurantee that if his dad moved to Minot and he went to Ryan, he would be labeled a recruit just because Ryan is a private school. the one thing i hate the most is the people who accuse teams of recruiting then once they get a new kid they didnt recruit he just moved.....
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:06 pm

kobe4mvp wrote:well scott medallin was right on the news the night before he said if we could stop the twin towers in riley decoteau and john gunville it'll be up to the gaurds to see who wins the game. dunseith came out and obviously did a good job on vetter. yeah backes had 18 but i don't think that was dunseith's main concern. and like i said dunseith and br basically went out with the same game plan and dunseith excecuted. yeah it was a big win, an exciting one at that but there is still 20 or more games to play before we even start thinking about a rematch.

Backes had 19 and Vetter had 18....how many would he have had if they did just a decent job 30?
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby hoops247 » Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:07 pm

So what schools were there to "cheer against Ryan"?
hoops247
NDPreps Starter

Postby #28 » Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:22 pm

bonto fans were there givnig minto ryan a hard time sitting right by the minot ryan fans but on the game ryan couldent get anything going and dunsieth crowd was good but i think ryan will win it in the long run bcuz they have to much more experence ten dunsieth
NDPreps Starter

Postby BBall dominator » Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:26 pm

This is really a competitive region no team is way better than the others. Don't put to much stock into an early season win over BR everyteam adds and drops sets and the rotation changes rarely is a team the same as the beginning. Good job but just don't get a big head Dunseith usually falls apart somewhere along the season so I do expect BR to go to state.
Hate my selfishness, Hate my lies, Hate my infidelity, Hate the fact that my high-powered attorneys got me off and humiliated my accuser when I was charged with rape. And hate that I'm loved, because I can shoot a ball.
BBall dominator
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Bill Cartwright » Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:50 pm

I dont know how you can honestly say that BR is going to state. I truely believe that their district is going to give them a run, yet the region. I look for Berthold, Kenmare, and who knows Mohall to give them competition let alone beat them. Minot Ryan has good players, they are two really good players but an all around solid team will be difficult for them to go against
Bill Cartwright

Postby #28 » Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:38 pm

no bishop ryan has the disrict no way kenmare will give them a run they lost there 2 best playerys who did everything for them in heideil and kysor tho only one who can score for them is castollo and berthold could make some promblems for them but bishop will win that distract
NDPreps Starter

Postby bball_4life » Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:39 pm

#28 wrote:no bishop ryan has the disrict no way kenmare will give them a run they lost there 2 best playerys who did everything for them in heideil and kysor tho only one who can score for them is castollo and berthold could make some promblems for them but bishop will win that distract

i agree with that i think that berthold just wont have what it takes down the stretch like ryan will aslo i think that nobody in the district has the expreince like ryan does and that will give them an edge over their oppents
bball_4life

Postby anit couz » Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:48 am

hoops247 wrote:So what schools were there to "cheer against Ryan"?

Ill tell you why schools cheer against minot, becuz if u ever played in minot they have fans that will holla at you while your playing, they make mom jokes, jokes about you apperance, jokes about you team, ect,.,and every team that plays there, the minot fans give it to there players,.,minot is a terrible place to play,.in dunseith it was all the other fans from different towns yelling at minot not dunseith,.,so minot should quite crying around about the DRAGONDOME and take a look at there own place,.,,they have way less class then dunseith,.,dunseith dont cry around,.,and coach st.claire didnt get a "T" inthe 3rd quarter to boost minots confindence!!!
anit couz

Postby power-aid14 » Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:21 pm

anit couz wrote:

Ill tell you why schools cheer against minot, becuz if u ever played in minot they have fans that will holla at you while your playing, they make mom jokes, jokes about you apperance, jokes about you team, ect,.,and every team that plays there, the minot fans give it to there players,.,minot is a terrible place to play,.in dunseith it was all the other fans from different towns yelling at minot not dunseith,.,so minot should quite crying around about the DRAGONDOME and take a look at there own place,.,,they have way less class then dunseith,.,dunseith dont cry around,.,and coach st.claire didnt get a "T" inthe 3rd quarter to boost minots confindence!!!

Once again, Dunseith really needs to hire a new english teacher. That post was sad....yet funny. Mom jokes haha, take some heat....its a home crowd and you should expect that.
flippin idiot
power-aid14
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby #28 » Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:00 pm

Post has been edited. Please keep your comments fun, not personal.
NDPreps Starter

Postby ballaholic#3 » Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:26 pm

i've been part of the most brutal yet fantastic show of enthusiasm for the team last year in a game but the only time you hear it is in warmups. if you hear it in a game then you're not focused. i hate when players complain about fans because you shouldn't be concerned about them. the only people who should complain about fans are the parents because they get to hear what is being said about their kids. trash talk is just part of the game and all schools do it.
ballaholic#3
NDPreps Starter

Postby anit couz » Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:21 pm

power-aid14 wrote:
anit couz wrote:

Once again, Dunseith really needs to hire a new english teacher. That post was sad....yet funny. Mom jokes haha, take some heat....its a home crowd and you should expect that.

its funny how much class minot bishop ryan has seriously
anit couz

Next

Return to Boys