LaMoure vs Lisbon

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: LaMoure vs Lisbon

Postby luvmy3gbb1wr » Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:20 am

now who said Lisbon by 20 or more? just goes to show that's why the game is played not decided on paper
luvmy3gbb1wr
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby mathlete110 » Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:49 am

I'm actually very surprised. Ben Watkins played very well, especially for having only about 5 points which were the tying/winning baskets. Aaron Stemen gave the team some great essentials off the bench. Shockman had some nice jumpers which shows he is not only strong in the paint.
mathlete110
NDPreps Reserve

Postby sportsmart » Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:55 am

Ok neither team deserves to be ranked in the top 10. The game had way to many turnovers and lots were not because of pressure just poor decisions. It is early in the year and I am sure both teams will be in the mix at the end in their districts. Both teams need to improve on shooting. I would like to have seen the game later in the year.
sportsmart
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball » Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:13 am

Hinsa wrote:Unforced turnovers vs. forced turnovers.

Unforced - bouncing the ball off your foot, throwing a back door pass when no one is cutting back door, travelling, fumbling the ball, etc.

Forced - double team the ball and overplay the passing lanes, in your face defense and poke at the dribble, tight man to man that forces a 5 second call, etc.

it was mainly meant as a rhetorical question...but yea them are differences

i asked it because a few people were saying "o mustve been a sloppy game because of the low score" and stuff along those lines so i was just wondering if your going by a score whats the difference between the to, i shouldve clarified that a little better sorry.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby always a sports season » Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:52 pm

Lisbon's coach prides himself on tough defense (to the point of almost forgetting offense) but the turnovers were not due to outstanding defense. It just was a beginning of the year game and was not played well. End of the season will be a more accurate picture of these two teams. Carlblom is an awesome player but he needs to work and not rest on his laurels and reputation. Lisbon's point guards will need to develop their leadership role to make Lisbon's offense go. Lamoure's big guy did a good job but the rest of the team wasn't quite up to their potential.
always a sports season

Previous

Return to Boys