Parshall

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Parshall

Postby toddjames » Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:22 pm

Life is going to be tough without the Packineaus, how far will Parshall go this year?
toddjames
NDPreps All-Conference

Re: Parshall

Postby B_Baller » Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:24 pm

I heard rumors that their head coach headed out (quit) or something but you know rumors ain't always true
And also hears that Finley left to Shiloh
So can anybody inform me??? :?:
B_Baller
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball » Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:33 pm

didnt the daughter already play for Mandan?
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby VolsFan3 » Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:44 pm

I don't think Jalen Finley left Parshall and yes the daughter did go to mandan
VolsFan3

Postby toddjames » Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:38 pm

No Finley is still there and he's playing pretty well for a Sophomore, something 15 or 16 points a game. But coach Hall did leave the team, not really sure why, but I know for a fact that he is gone... new coach used to be the head girls coach a couple of years back...
toddjames
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby magic715 » Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:02 pm

toddjames wrote:No Finley is still there and he's playing pretty well for a Sophomore, something 15 or 16 points a game. But coach Hall did leave the team, not really sure why, but I know for a fact that he is gone... new coach used to be the head girls coach a couple of years back...

Just saw Parshall play tonight, all offense and no defense, dont even try to stop the other team, let them shoot so they can have the ball back. Left a guy out by half court most of the game, looking for a steal and a easy layup,, cost them in the first half against glenburn , only up by ;2 at half, then pressed 3rd quarter and scored like 20 straight points, All offense and little defense isnt going to cut it for Youngbird to have a chance at all state, if u watch him, he doesnt work hard at all on defense, does play a little thou, and goodbear doesnt have a clue how to use his feet on defense.
magic715

Postby SnuggleMuffin » Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:09 pm

toddjames wrote:Life is going to be tough without the Packineaus, how far will Parshall go this year?

Really, im not from around there...But from what i remember at the state tourney..Packineaus were the team..There wasnt that many good players other then them..

I really dont see them doin all that great..I dont know how the region is up there?
But even if they do make it out..I just dont see them winning state or anything like that
SnuggleMuffin

Postby toddjames » Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:46 pm

magic715 wrote:
toddjames wrote:No Finley is still there and he's playing pretty well for a Sophomore, something 15 or 16 points a game. But coach Hall did leave the team, not really sure why, but I know for a fact that he is gone... new coach used to be the head girls coach a couple of years back...

Just saw Parshall play tonight, all offense and no defense, dont even try to stop the other team, let them shoot so they can have the ball back. Left a guy out by half court most of the game, looking for a steal and a easy layup,, cost them in the first half against glenburn , only up by ;2 at half, then pressed 3rd quarter and scored like 20 straight points, All offense and little defense isnt going to cut it for Youngbird to have a chance at all state, if u watch him, he doesnt work hard at all on defense, does play a little thou, and goodbear doesnt have a clue how to use his feet on defense.

Isn't press considered defense? How could you consider 20 points off the press and holding the opposition to just five points in the third and six points in the fourth quarter bad defense? A game is four quarters and the ones that matter the most are the final two.
toddjames
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby toddjames » Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:59 pm

SnuggleMuffin wrote:
toddjames wrote:Life is going to be tough without the Packineaus, how far will Parshall go this year?

Really, im not from around there...But from what i remember at the state tourney..Packineaus were the team..There wasnt that many good players other then them..

I really dont see them doin all that great..I dont know how the region is up there?
But even if they do make it out..I just dont see them winning state or anything like that

Tough to say there wasn't any other good players on the team, when a guy (Youngbird) was averaging a double-double in rebounding and scoring... Also I wasn't just talking about the state tournament, I was talking about the region tournament and the regular season also... The Packineaus were the biggest reason that team did so well, but it was the unsung heroes that helped get the team back to state. I interviewed both Neil and Nathaniel after they the Region tournament and they gave their Team a lot of credit and rightfully so... Youngbird led Parshall to a comeback win in the first game of the regional tournament by scoring a game-high 21 and Jalen Finley came off the bench and made some big plays down the stretch of each game at regionals... It easy to credit the big scorers for wins, but the guys doing the little things should get some credit also...
As far as this year's Region 8 stacks up, Watford City is the favorite, they gave Parshall a run for their money in the Region Championship last year, but Parshall had different guys step at different points of the game to win it... This year, Watford most of the same team back and their now the No. 1 team in Class B... New Town is playing well also, but I think it will be Watford and Parshall back in the championship game...
toddjames
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby magic715 » Sat Dec 22, 2007 12:39 am

magic715 wrote:

Have u seen any of the teams Parshall has played, Glenburn has one player, and only one player, and they kept it close at half (2pt game) it is easy to press a team with only one player, but when it came to half court defense, they sucked at it, cuz they didnt guard anyone , Glenburn got off a shot any time they needed one, we will see , i cant see Parshall beating New Town or Divide County and i dont think they can beat Trinity Christian either, just My opinion.
magic715

Postby toddjames » Mon Dec 24, 2007 11:06 am

So what if it was close at the half, they won the game by 33-points (78-45) and like I said before they held that team, or should I say one player, as you call them, to 11 points in the second half... funny for you talk so much about defense, then say Parshall can't beat New Town... New Town gave more points (46) in the second half of their game with Divide County then Parshall did in the whole Glenburn game... and they saying they won't beat Trinity Christian, that's just absurd... but you're right we'll see, we'll see
toddjames
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby first.round.chokes » Mon Dec 24, 2007 1:36 pm

toddjames wrote:So what if it was close at the half, they won the game by 33-points (78-45) and like I said before they held that team, or should I say one player, as you call them, to 11 points in the second half... funny for you talk so much about defense, then say Parshall can't beat New Town... New Town gave more points (46) in the second half of their game with Divide County then Parshall did in the whole Glenburn game... and they saying they won't beat Trinity Christian, that's just absurd... but you're right we'll see, we'll see

So I'm guessing you're basing this part of your argument on the fact that glenburn and divide county are about the same caliber team? Is that what you're saying?
first.round.chokes
NDPreps Reserve

Postby toddjames » Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:54 pm

first.round.chokes wrote:
toddjames wrote:So what if it was close at the half, they won the game by 33-points (78-45) and like I said before they held that team, or should I say one player, as you call them, to 11 points in the second half... funny for you talk so much about defense, then say Parshall can't beat New Town... New Town gave more points (46) in the second half of their game with Divide County then Parshall did in the whole Glenburn game... and they saying they won't beat Trinity Christian, that's just absurd... but you're right we'll see, we'll see

So I'm guessing you're basing this part of your argument on the fact that glenburn and divide county are about the same caliber team? Is that what you're saying?

You guess wrong, Magic said that Parshall can't beat New Town and they can not play defense, but Parshall advanced to the Semifinals of the Sweet 16 tournament by holding their quarterfinal opponent (Glenburn) to 45 points... it really had nothing to do with comparing Glenburn and Divide County, I was comparing Parshall's and New Town's defensive performances in the quarters...
toddjames
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby magic715 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:02 pm

toddjames wrote:

You guess wrong, Magic said that Parshall can't beat New Town and they can not play defense, but Parshall advanced to the Semifinals of the Sweet 16 tournament by holding their quarterfinal opponent (Glenburn) to 45 points... it really had nothing to do with comparing Glenburn and Divide County, I was comparing Parshall's and New Town's defensive performances in the quarters...

my prediction on Parshall is getting better, i said they wont beat New Town, Divide County, and probably not Trinity Christian, is it so absurd now, i only said it cuz Parshall doesnt like to play defense, now if they learn to or try to, i will or would feel different.
magic715

Postby Sioux » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:51 pm

magic715 wrote:
toddjames wrote:

my prediction on Parshall is getting better, i said they wont beat New Town, Divide County, and probably not Trinity Christian, is it so absurd now, i only said it cuz Parshall doesnt like to play defense, now if they learn to or try to, i will or would feel different.

RUDY will find a way for his team to get better..He will start hitting his outside shots on a regular basis..He is the best outside shooter on his team, so he should be taking these shots..Finley will clean up his misses as he may be one of the best offensive rebounders in the state. Parshall will be tough to beat by the regional tournament time..
Sioux

Postby AAfootballfan » Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:35 am

Sioux wrote:
magic715 wrote:
toddjames wrote:

RUDY will find a way for his team to get better..He will start hitting his outside shots on a regular basis..He is the best outside shooter on his team, so he should be taking these shots..Finley will clean up his misses as he may be one of the best offensive rebounders in the state. Parshall will be tough to beat by the regional tournament time..

Haha "Parshall will be tough to beat by the regional tournament time" The rest of the year when the Braves don't play any D and can't break a press I will think of this quote. Feb. 12 can't come fast enough........GO WOLVES!
AAfootballfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby truballaz » Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:56 pm

I'm not sure about Youngbird shooting outside. Your right he is the best outside shooter on the team, but he is one of the BEST POST PLAYER IN THE STATE. I had a chance to see him play Mandaree and he had 36 points. And it also help out Finley who had 30 points. If you take a look at the ndhsaa.com site Youngbird was 15 for 20 on 2 pointers for 75% and 1 for 4 on 3 pointers for 25% and Finley was 12 for 16 for 2 pointers for 75%. Now dont you think Youngbird should just stay in the post lead the state in scoring and rebounds. If he starts playing like a center and not an guard Parshall could be in Fargo.
truballaz
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Sioux » Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:43 pm

Looking in the bismarck tribune at the Max score..Why didn't Rudy play?? I know max is down but where was Rudy???
Sioux

Postby toddjames » Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:43 pm

truballaz wrote:I'm not sure about Youngbird shooting outside. Your right he is the best outside shooter on the team, but he is one of the BEST POST PLAYER IN THE STATE. I had a chance to see him play Mandaree and he had 36 points. And it also help out Finley who had 30 points. If you take a look at the ndhsaa.com site Youngbird was 15 for 20 on 2 pointers for 75% and 1 for 4 on 3 pointers for 25% and Finley was 12 for 16 for 2 pointers for 75%. Now dont you think Youngbird should just stay in the post lead the state in scoring and rebounds. If he starts playing like a center and not an guard Parshall could be in Fargo.

I completely agree with this post. He does have a nice jumper, but it should be used sparingly. High percentage shots are the way to go because it's a lot tougher to get an offensive rebound on a long shot attempt that doesn't go in, and it makes it easier for the opposition to get out on the break as well...
toddjames
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby magic715 » Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:45 pm

magic715 wrote:
toddjames wrote:

I didnt hear the final but with a minute to go Trinity Christian was up by 5, so i assume they won? even if not is it so absurd now that Parshall would lose to TC?
magic715

Postby 9manfootballmom » Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:48 pm

76-70 Williston Trinity 2nd overtime Hansen has been shooting free throws 12.1 left in double ot. I thought it was over and Parshall came back for the first ot then Trinity has been shooting freethrows for most of the 2nd ot
9manfootballmom
NDPreps All-Conference

Return to Boys