Starkweather/M at Four Winds

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Starkweather/M at Four Winds

Postby Indians Alumni » Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:39 am

AWW MAN! I was unfortunately not able to attend the game. I hear it was a good game. I have to tip my hat to S/M I will give them credit, the deserve it! I am eating a little humble pie this Christmas!
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby nativegolfer » Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:44 am

Indians Alumni wrote:AWW MAN! I was unfortunately not able to attend the game. I hear it was a good game. I have to tip my hat to S/M I will give them credit, the deserve it! I am eating a little humble pie this Christmas!

Knowing you, you'll eat way more than you should and not excuse yourself!
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby B_Baller » Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:46 pm

[quote="ndlionsfan"]Now we're blaming the loss on the refs....there's always excuses.

Well Im not technically blamin the game on the refs Im juss saying if they are going to call a fall they should call it on both sides........thats all im sayin
The fouls might of made a diiference of the game .... maybe :?
B_Baller
NDPreps Starter

Postby luckyinlife » Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:12 pm

A little humble pie never hurt anybody. And what the heck, if no one talked up their team or the players, this site wouldn't exist!

So keep brining it on. Just admit when you are wrong like Alumni did.
luckyinlife
NDPreps Starter

Postby Indians Alumni » Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:07 pm

Everyone join me in congratulating Native Golfer, He and his wife are expecting a child this year. What a wonderful Christmas gift.
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball » Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:14 pm

B_Baller wrote:
ndlionsfan wrote:Now we're blaming the loss on the refs....there's always excuses.

Well Im not technically blamin the game on the refs Im juss saying if they are going to call a fall they should call it on both sides........thats all im sayin
The fouls might of made a diiference of the game .... maybe :?

then that just goes to show that FW needs to work on the footwork to get in position and avoid them fouls. the coach should take that away from the game, work on it, and see the progress in the next game. the refs will always have questionable calls but in reality they are wrong on maybe 5% of the calls so thats not bad.

theres 2 things you should know about refs going into every game
1. they will make a mistake here and there
2. if your down 1 in the last seconds you better make the shot because you arent going to the line without bleeding, maybe not even then
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indians Alumni » Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:21 pm

You get bad refs all over, I cannot speak, I was not there, on the reffing situation, but I can say this! If you play your game and dominate at it, Refs will have no involvement in a game, unless it is obvious!

I was watching a little film on the S/M team, they are a pretty big team physically. They have a pretty solid post
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball » Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:04 pm

Indians Alumni wrote:You get bad refs all over, I cannot speak, I was not there, on the reffing situation, but I can say this! If you play your game and dominate at it, Refs will have no involvement in a game, unless it is obvious!

perfectly said....
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Jayhawk_fan » Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:13 pm

ok im not sure but i heard that that Lovejoy kid had 6 fouls? is this true or just a rumor?
Jayhawk_fan

Postby baseball » Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:36 pm

yea a few posts back it mentioned that, S/M said something whent he scoreboard had 4 fouls for him but the FW book had him for 4 and since they are the home team they are the official book i think...
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Jayhawk_fan » Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:39 pm

arent the stat books suppose to comepare stats at half time to make sure they are equal or did this take place before halftime?
Jayhawk_fan

Postby wjo » Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:25 pm

Lovejoy fouled at the halftime buzzer and the scorekeeper probably didn't record it. she had 3 fouls for second half instead of four.

And in regard to the fouls... FW's was fortunate they ended the game with any players...there was no homering here, they played sloppy defense and deserved every foul. They have no conscious, they keep playing tight, reach defense and never back off even when they get in foul trouble.. its there style and it gets them back in games, but it also allowed M'S multiple uncontested 3 on 1s
wjo

Postby rep » Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:28 am

Indians Alumni wrote:Everyone join me in congratulating Native Golfer, He and his wife are expecting a child this year. What a wonderful Christmas gift.

congrats on the addition to the fam!!
rep

Postby NDSportsFan » Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:33 am

Indians Alumni wrote:Everyone join me in congratulating Native Golfer, He and his wife are expecting a Basketball Player this year. What a wonderful Christmas gift.

Fixed it for you IA.

Congrats!
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indians Alumni » Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:23 am

How silly of me! Thanks for correcting me. hahaha
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby nativegolfer » Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:00 am

rep wrote:
Indians Alumni wrote:Everyone join me in congratulating Native Golfer, He and his wife are expecting a child this year. What a wonderful Christmas gift.

congrats on the addition to the fam!!

Pidamaya
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby nativegolfer » Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:01 am

NDSportsFan wrote:
Indians Alumni wrote:Everyone join me in congratulating Native Golfer, He and his wife are expecting a Basketball Player this year. What a wonderful Christmas gift.

Fixed it for you IA.

Congrats!

Acyually, it would be next year.
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby B_Baller » Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:19 pm

nativegolfer wrote:
NDSportsFan wrote:

Fixed it for you IA.

Congrats!

Acyually, it would be next year.

Well lucky you
B_Baller
NDPreps Starter

Postby BBall dominator » Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:35 pm

So does this mean the FW's fans will be a little more humble as a whole this year?? We can only hope
Hate my selfishness, Hate my lies, Hate my infidelity, Hate the fact that my high-powered attorneys got me off and humiliated my accuser when I was charged with rape. And hate that I'm loved, because I can shoot a ball.
BBall dominator
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Indians Alumni » Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:31 pm

I don't know about that? hahaha, Humility is not one of my qualities unfortunately! :D
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby nativegolfer » Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:54 pm

lets put the SM game in perspective. We had 2 seniors and a bunch of untested 9th and 10th graders, and we took a quality SM down to the wire, even taking the lead after being down by 16 points. That tells me that we will be a factor at the end of season and look out for the next 2 years! So you fans who hate us braggin about FW will will have to put up with us for years to come!
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby all_around » Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:49 am

FW has a lot of talent and in the past couple of years, they went to state, this means Coach Smiths program is going to be getting alot more kids. Some might not be all that good but Coach smith does alot of one on one, so this means the kids will get better! And the FW fans will never settle down. Ever since FW went to state as a class B team the fans have something to look forward to come basketball season. I think FW needs to do more team work, they didnt look as good as they could have, but i know these boys can play i play with them all the time, lettem play together a little bit longer and u got a team that will contend!
all_around

Previous

Return to Boys