Dakota Prairie

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Dakota Prairie

Postby aggie football » Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:27 am

What's everyone's thougths on these guys? I have been glancing through a bunch of different topics and they randomly come up so I thought it would be good to start a topic just on them.
aggie football

Re: Dakota Prairie

Postby cubsfan » Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:54 am

They have the most talent in the district, that being said talent does not win alone. I see them winning the regular season title and maybe losing in the district championship.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby PA42 » Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:16 am

Dakota Prairie has a lot of talent and depth. I just don't know how they are going to share the scoring duties.
PA42

Postby Hinsa » Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:10 pm

With their talent and size they should win the district or something is wrong.....
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby pakkyzoo » Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:13 pm

I don't know how you can say you don't know how they are going to share the scoring... How do all good teams share the scoring?? Its called being unselfish. Nichols will be the main man down low and Kueber, Severson, and Frederick will stretch the floor on the perimeter. Severson isnt the type that looks to score first, he will look for the open man or drive and dish for an easy basket. Frederick is more of a spot up shooter, he won't take kids much off the dribble. Kueber can play inside and outside, it will be interesting to see where he plays more, I know a 6'5" gaurd/forward is a tough matchup for most teams, espicially if they gaurd DP man. If teams run a zone on DP, Kueber will be able to shoot over it. By know means is high school basketball the NBA, but a good example of players that need to share the scoring is the Boston Celtics. Allen, Garnett, and Pierce take open shots and look for the open man, sure they are sacrificing self praise, but its all about working together to win.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby toughregion2 » Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:02 pm

pakkyzoo wrote:I don't know how you can say you don't know how they are going to share the scoring... How do all good teams share the scoring?? Its called being unselfish. Nichols will be the main man down low and Kueber, Severson, and Frederick will stretch the floor on the perimeter. Severson isnt the type that looks to score first, he will look for the open man or drive and dish for an easy basket. Frederick is more of a spot up shooter, he won't take kids much off the dribble. Kueber can play inside and outside, it will be interesting to see where he plays more, I know a 6'5" gaurd/forward is a tough matchup for most teams, espicially if they gaurd DP man. If teams run a zone on DP, Kueber will be able to shoot over it. By know means is high school basketball the NBA, but a good example of players that need to share the scoring is the Boston Celtics. Allen, Garnett, and Pierce take open shots and look for the open man, sure they are sacrificing self praise, but its all about working together to win.

hahaha am i reading this wrong or did this guy just compare allen garnett and pierce to dakota prairie.......Come on now.......The style is completly different.......also them 3 are unstopable i wouldnt say dakota prairie is unstopable......whats going to happen when a team has a defense to stop 2 of the 3 will the 3rd guy be able to pick up the slack......I say dakota prairie finishes 2 or 3rd in the district
toughregion2

Postby pakkyzoo » Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:49 pm

Did you read what I posted?? I said by NO MEANS are Dakota Prairie the NBA. I was using an example of how they were all put on the same team, who were stars, on their last team. They are playing unselfish basketball. That is how Dakota Prairie needs to play to be successful. I am definately not comparing them to the NBA or Allen, Garnett, and Pierce. I am just using them as an example of how teams that have offensive threats need to suceed.

I think it will be a Dakota Prairie and Hillsboro top 2 finish. Dakota Prairie has 4 returning 5 starters. Hillsboro is athletic, and plays toughest defense in the district. Hillsboro reminds me a lot of Central Valley last year with not much height, but 5 athletic players who play defense and make it tough for teams to get the ball up the floor. Northwood-Hatton has Ben Strand returning and I think Mark Wallace?? I dont think they can run with the top two teams.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndsportsfan14 » Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:23 pm

Dakota Prairie Over Rated
ndsportsfan14
NDPreps All-State

Postby blue steel » Sat Dec 01, 2007 5:16 pm

well i don't know if i would say that. and I don't know if i agree with the comparison of Central Valley last year and Hillsboro this year. I think Hillsboro has more scorers and will be deeper when they get healthy.
blue steel
NDPreps Starter

Postby nc » Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:30 am

Like I said in the other post I pick DP to win the district. I believe that they can share the scoring and they didn't loose players to graduation like Thomapsom or MPCG did. They have a very talented group of seniors and a coach that has been with these kids since grade school.
nc
NDPreps Starter

Postby nadal11 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:51 pm

ndsportsfan14 wrote:Dakota Prairie Over Rated

agreed! they wont be as good as advertised.
nadal11

Postby cubsfan » Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:06 pm

nc wrote:Like I said in the other post I pick DP to win the district. I believe that they can share the scoring and they didn't loose players to graduation like Thomapsom or MPCG did. They have a very talented group of seniors and a coach that has been with these kids since grade school.

It does not matter if the coach has been with them since grade school. He has never been a head coach before and might not make the correct moves at crunch time. You just don't know, but if it comes down to coaching on winning the district I doubt that they succeed with all the proven coaches in the area.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby nc » Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:54 pm

I see what you mean, but what if it comes down to the team with the most talent on the floor? Coaching is a big part of it but it is not the only part.
nc
NDPreps Starter

Postby basketballer » Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:41 pm

Hinsa wrote:With their talent and size they should win the district or something is wrong.....

That is probably what people said about LaMoure last year. They had unlimited talent but couldn't find a way to use it all and didn't really gel as a team. Not saying Dakota Preairie wonn't be different and gel but don't say that cuz talent is never enough.
basketballer

Postby Hinsa » Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:14 pm

I completely agree that talent is never enough. What I'm saying is that with the ability DP has, if they don't win the district something will have gone wrong - chemistry, effort, injuries, etc.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby basketballer » Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:24 pm

Hinsa wrote:I completely agree that talent is never enough. What I'm saying is that with the ability DP has, if they don't win the district something will have gone wrong - chemistry, effort, injuries, etc.

ohhh. ok i get what you meant now.
basketballer

Postby aggie football » Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:33 pm

What team will be DP's toughest game of the regular season? I would imagine Grafton if they even play each other..
aggie football

Postby pakkyzoo » Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:52 pm

aggie football wrote:What team will be DP's toughest game of the regular season? I would imagine Grafton if they even play each other..

I think they play Four Winds during the regular season and they could meet up with Munich-Starkweather in the Ramsey County Tournament.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby PA42 » Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:47 am

I honestly think there will several teams in the district that will give dakota prairie trouble. I think Thompson has enough big bodies and athleticism to compete with them. Hatton-Northwood doesn't match up too bad against dp because of Wallace. Larimore has the athleticism to cause some matchup problems and Nelson will get mpcg to keep it close.
PA42

Postby WarmBlooded » Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:21 pm

Is Kueber eligible to play? Was he granted a hardship for transferring? Has he moved lock, stock and barrel to the Dakota Praire district? If not wouldn't that make him ineligible to play. Anybody have any info on this stuff?
WarmBlooded
NDPreps Reserve

Postby nc » Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:36 pm

Yes, last i heard Gus is living in Aneta and is eligible to play for DP
nc
NDPreps Starter

Return to Boys