Region 4

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Region 4

Postby cutter90 » Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:24 pm

district 7 is up for grabs there alot of average teams in that district that good have a good night and beat anybody not sure about district 8 but i thing region 4 is up for grabs too
cutter90
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndlionsfan » Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:13 pm

Both districts are very balanced and are up for grabs between 4 teams in Dist 8 (MS, ML, Lang, SJ) and I think 2 in Dist 7 (NRS and FW). However, the teams in Dist 8 are better than the ones in Dist 7 and I still am pretty certain the region champ will come from Dist 8.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndsportsfan14 » Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:40 pm

Any thoughts on the FW vs Carrington game on the 3rd in Carrington
ndsportsfan14
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndlionsfan » Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:50 pm

I'll take FW by 20
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:53 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:I'll take FW by 20

I'll second that.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby Mr. Knowitall » Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:14 pm

How about NR-S at Four Winds? Will it be a barn burner?
Experience tells you what to do; confidence allows you to do it.
Mr. Knowitall
NDPreps Starter

Postby basketballer » Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:55 pm

ndsportsfan14 wrote:Any thoughts on the FW vs Carrington game on the 3rd in Carrington

the young players of Carrington will learn from their mistakes in LaMoure and i think will play them closer than by 20. Four Winds and LaMoure both like to get it up the court in a hurry and that will help Carrington adjust to Four Winds "run'n'gun" type of offense.
basketballer

Postby wjo » Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:24 am

Minn-Leeds just got whipped by Rolla-RL, anyone know the story?? And Rolette over NorthStar??? another surprise.
wjo

Postby baseballlvr » Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:27 am

wjo wrote:Minn-Leeds just got whipped by Rolla-RL, anyone know the story?? And Rolette over NorthStar??? another surprise.

would you happen to know the scores of those games? I guess Rolla has been playing pretty well. i guess they're sort of a dark horse...
baseballlvr
NDPreps Starter

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:37 am

RRL 74
LM 50

You never really know what team is going to show up for LM. They looked very tough against MS and NRS this year but have dropped 2 games to district 8 teams. The district tournament could be very entertaining this year.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndlionsfan » Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:02 am

Wow, I guess that makes St Johns 2 pt win over Rolla look a lot better. District 8 is shaping up to have 6 teams that could beat each other at any time.
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby WoodChuck14 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:56 pm

I say carrington will come our on top but st.john will be right there and
also f/w and m/s. they are all tough teams it is gonna be fun to watch this region.
WoodChuck14

Postby sodadrinker » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:49 pm

i know thats a joke right......u couldnt seriously think carrington will beat any of the top 7 other teams in the region
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby nativegolfer » Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:44 pm

WoodChuck14 wrote:I say carrington will come our on top but st.john will be right there and
also f/w and m/s. they are all tough teams it is gonna be fun to watch this region.

Are you serious? Whats their strategy, lulling region 4 into a sense of security by getting blown out every other game?
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndlionsfan » Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:19 pm

C'mon Region 4 fans, lets get this topic discussed more. There are hot topics on Regions 1,2,5,6,7,8 right now and we're back on page two! I believe MS is top dog in this region right now with ML and FW faltering a bit. NRS, St John, and Langdon could also be strong contenders. Rolla, Northstar, and Warwick could pull off some upsets and be surprise teams come tourney time. Anyone else have some opinions?!?
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:29 pm

I dont think there is a "top dog" in the region. LM has beaten MS, NRS, and St John, but lost handidly to Rolla. NRS has beaten FW, MS beat Langdon, Langdon lost to North Star. Both districts are very well balanced, probably going to be the toughest region to get out of this year in the state. Should be some good games come tournament time.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseballlvr » Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:45 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:C'mon Region 4 fans, lets get this topic discussed more. There are hot topics on Regions 1,2,5,6,7,8 right now and we're back on page two! I believe MS is top dog in this region right now with ML and FW faltering a bit. NRS, St John, and Langdon could also be strong contenders. Rolla, Northstar, and Warwick could pull off some upsets and be surprise teams come tourney time. Anyone else have some opinions?!?

There's no telling who's actually the best in the region. We'll get more information when MS plays Rolla and St. John. I would like to see how MS puts up against ML again. It's all just too hard to say right now, but i don't think there's any real one team that's dominant over the other teams.
baseballlvr
NDPreps Starter

Postby NDbballfan123 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:10 pm

my vote goes for NR and 4 winds top two teams in the region
NDbballfan123
NDPreps Starter

Postby Stromer » Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:32 pm

I agree that the picture may clear up after MS plays St. John and Rolla. If they win both, I would think that the top 2 teams from District 8 would have to be MS and ML. I also think FW is the only real contender from District 7. I think FW is a team that you don't want to play because they are capable of beating you any night. That being said, I wouldn't mind seeing a ML/MS final at regionals. :wink:
Hater of the NC$$

Increased D1 student fees? I'm all for it.

http://www.siouxsports.com
Stromer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby B_Baller » Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:36 pm

I'm saying this region is the flipp of a coin man. It is like really wide open but i myself am hoping for NR and ML or FW and MS again. They said the region winner will come out of district 8 but the way SJ just took a beating from FW, and im guessing SJ would be the best in that district too, the region winner is coming out of district 7 but like i just stated its the flip of a coin...
B_Baller
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndsportsfan14 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:25 pm

Region 4 is up for grabs by anyone it ain't gonna matter who's seeded where its all gonna come down to who's playing good
ndsportsfan14
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndlionsfan » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:23 am

St John is not the best is Dist 8
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby stunt double » Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:32 pm

i don't believe there really is a "best" in either districts... the whole region is up and down.. st. john hasn't really had a tough schedule but the 2 teams they played that were competition for them they lost--M-S has probably been the most consistent of the whole region by only losing to ML and North Border. they are a good team with Riley Beck driving, Ethan dude in the post, and Richard Wright hitting the 3's---ML...well they aren't consistent at all... they play as good as the team they are playing and should probably be 12-1.The key for them is playing team basketball. Playing as a team will get them the wins.---FW is a good team, they are young, but they are playing good ball right now and should have a chance at the region-- i dont see NR doing too much in the region just because they dont have a good and experienced enough "go too guy" which you need when the games on the line.
stunt double

Postby Stromer » Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:53 am

Well the i heard game between Rolla and MS was postponed until sometime in Feb. I guess we will have to wait to sort out the district. I see that Langdon beat ML so if MS wins out they would take the 1 seed in the district. Not that it would mean anything in this crazy region.
Hater of the NC$$

Increased D1 student fees? I'm all for it.

http://www.siouxsports.com
Stromer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseballlvr » Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:04 pm

Stromer wrote:Well the i heard game between Rolla and MS was postponed until sometime in Feb. I guess we will have to wait to sort out the district. I see that Langdon beat ML so if MS wins out they would take the 1 seed in the district. Not that it would mean anything in this crazy region.

i think it will be a tough task to win out. They have a tough road with st. john and rolla. i guess we'll see how they handle themselves.
baseballlvr
NDPreps Starter

PreviousNext

Return to Boys