Region 4

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Region 4

Postby spalding23 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:09 pm

rolla plays langdon on friday..should be a good one
spalding23
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Stromer » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:28 pm

baseballlvr wrote:
Stromer wrote:Well the i heard game between Rolla and MS was postponed until sometime in Feb. I guess we will have to wait to sort out the district. I see that Langdon beat ML so if MS wins out they would take the 1 seed in the district. Not that it would mean anything in this crazy region.

i think it will be a tough task to win out. They have a tough road with st. john and rolla. i guess we'll see how they handle themselves.

Yah I guess I am still not sold on either of those two teams. It will be tougher since they both are on the road but I will stick with MS. If either of those 2 can beat MS, I will give props to them. I think we are going to see a good district tournament this year.
Hater of the NC$$

Increased D1 student fees? I'm all for it.

http://www.siouxsports.com
Stromer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby armedndangerous » Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:14 pm

I'm gonna step out on a limb and say Warwick somehow manages to win this region. If they would only play some D they could be soooo good.
armedndangerous
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseballlvr » Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:06 am

armedndangerous wrote:I'm gonna step out on a limb and say Warwick somehow manages to win this region. If they would only play some D they could be soooo good.

I'm not so sure about that. They have victor and vernell that can shoot threes. if they get played man to man, their outside game is shut down, therefor they'll have a way tougher time using their main weapons.
baseballlvr
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndlionsfan » Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:10 am

Langstaff is a stud inside, tho. They could make a surprise run at the region title. Their chances are slim, but it could happen.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby stunt double » Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:03 am

who is everyones #1 team to win the region?
stunt double

Postby nativegolfer » Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:46 am

FW
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseballlvr » Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:44 pm

stunt double wrote:who is everyones #1 team to win the region?

I'm going to see how MS does against st. john tonight, and then you'll have my answer. If MS can pull out a win here, then i think they've convinced me of having the ability to win the region. i think there are two teams that will give MS trouble. ML...if they get their act together, they will be very tough to beat. FW, they're young, and can run, they've showed that they have got their act together a little bit more, but i think they have trouble closing out games. if anybody thinks any different, let me know.
baseballlvr
NDPreps Starter

Postby Stromer » Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:12 pm

baseballlvr wrote:
stunt double wrote:who is everyones #1 team to win the region?

I'm going to see how MS does against st. john tonight, and then you'll have my answer. If MS can pull out a win here, then i think they've convinced me of having the ability to win the region. i think there are two teams that will give MS trouble. ML...if they get their act together, they will be very tough to beat. FW, they're young, and can run, they've showed that they have got their act together a little bit more, but i think they have trouble closing out games. if anybody thinks any different, let me know.

Well MS beat St. John 45-38 last night. Very low scoring. I am surprised the margin wasn't more but maybe St. John is better than I have previously thought. I would agree with your other points. ML is a team that has had MS number for years. It is always a tough game to win. FW is still the team I feel has the best chance if they put it together but that is a big if.
Hater of the NC$$

Stromer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseballlvr » Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:05 am

Well MS has 3 very tough games up the road. Rolla/Rocklake, which has been playing pretty well; Park-River, a very tough team, although it's not that important of a game because they're not in the region; and New Rockford which i think will be the real challenge... any predictions?
baseballlvr
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndlionsfan » Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:15 am

the MS/NRS game should be a good one. I don't even know who to pick. I think NRS might pull it off...they've been playing very good ball lately.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndlionsfan » Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:43 pm

I believe the Dist 7 standings look about like this after last night

NRS
FW
Warwick
Lakota
Carrington
Midkota
Harvey
Wells
Maddock

Anybody know the current Dist 8 standings??
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndlionsfan » Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:09 pm

From the NDHSAA site this is my best guess at the Dist 8 standings

MS
Langdon
ML
Northstar
St John
Rolla
RW
AE

Northstar vs St John game coming up will be an important one for seeding
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Stromer » Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:35 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:From the NDHSAA site this is my best guess at the Dist 8 standings

MS 10 points, 2 point game against Rolla left
Langdon 10 points, no games left
ML 10 points, no games left
Northstar 7 points, 1 point game against St. John
St John 6 points, 1 point games against Northstar and RW
Rolla 5 points, 1 point game against RW, 2 point game against MS
RW 3 points, 1 point games against Rolla and St. John
AE 0 points, no games left

Northstar vs St John game coming up will be an important one for seeding

I added the points on to your post from my best guess from that site. I could see them using head to head for Langdon and ML, but if MS loses, all 3 will be equal in that department. Where does the tiebreak go after that? Big games for 4-6 this week as well. If RW wins out and Rolla loses both, RW would move ahead of Rolla by my count. Rolla's only hope of moving up is to win against MS because they lost twice to St. John and would not win that tiebreak. If St. John beats Northstar, they take 4th assuming Rolla does not win out. Some great tourney games await after this sorts out.
Hater of the NC$$

Stromer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby playin2win » Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:15 pm

district 7 might switch a little bit WC has to play Midkota and if WC wins then it stay what NDlionsfan has but if Midkota wins then they get moved up to 5th seat and carrington comes in as 6th seat
playin2win
NDPreps Reserve

Postby cutter90 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:01 pm

Carrington has the 6 seed now and Midkota the 5 seed after Carrington lost to Harvey last night.
cutter90
NDPreps Starter

Postby NDbballfan123 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:48 pm

I think New Rockford has a good chance of winning region 4
NDbballfan123
NDPreps Starter

Postby *BALLER* » Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:52 pm

stunt double wrote:i don't believe there really is a "best" in either districts... the whole region is up and down.. st. john hasn't really had a tough schedule but the 2 teams they played that were competition for them they lost--M-S has probably been the most consistent of the whole region by only losing to ML and North Border. they are a good team with Riley Beck driving, Ethan dude in the post, and Richard Wright hitting the 3's---ML...well they aren't consistent at all... they play as good as the team they are playing and should probably be 12-1.The key for them is playing team basketball. Playing as a team will get them the wins.---FW is a good team, they are young, but they are playing good ball right now and should have a chance at the region-- i dont see NR doing too much in the region just because they dont have a good and experienced enough "go too guy" which you need when the games on the line.

How doesnt New Rockford Sheyenne have a go to scoring guy... they have Evan Guler averaging 18 points and Reed Ystaas averaging 17 points and Noah Nicholai averaging around 14 points... does that not sound like go to scoring?? Maybe because they play team ball they dont have one guy averaging in the 20's and the others averagin below 10!!
*BALLER*
NDPreps Reserve

Postby armedndangerous » Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:04 am

I just dont uderstand all the love for 4 winds and the hate on NRS. Almost positive that NRS went down into 4 winds and won on the road wouldnt that be the best way to compare the 2 teams
armedndangerous
NDPreps Starter

Postby stunt double » Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:42 am

*BALLER* wrote:
stunt double wrote:i don't believe there really is a "best" in either districts... the whole region is up and down.. st. john hasn't really had a tough schedule but the 2 teams they played that were competition for them they lost--M-S has probably been the most consistent of the whole region by only losing to ML and North Border. they are a good team with Riley Beck driving, Ethan dude in the post, and Richard Wright hitting the 3's---ML...well they aren't consistent at all... they play as good as the team they are playing and should probably be 12-1.The key for them is playing team basketball. Playing as a team will get them the wins.---FW is a good team, they are young, but they are playing good ball right now and should have a chance at the region-- i dont see NR doing too much in the region just because they dont have a good and experienced enough "go too guy" which you need when the games on the line.

How doesnt New Rockford Sheyenne have a go to scoring guy... they have Evan Guler averaging 18 points and Reed Ystaas averaging 17 points and Noah Nicholai averaging around 14 points... does that not sound like go to scoring?? Maybe because they play team ball they dont have one guy averaging in the 20's and the others averagin below 10!!

I said they don't have a good AND experienced enough guy...sure they can score that much but i might be wrong but have they really played tough games..and when they have..what have they averaged then..?
stunt double

Postby *BALLER* » Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:36 pm

stunt double wrote:
*BALLER* wrote:

I said they don't have a good AND experienced enough guy...sure they can score that much but i might be wrong but have they really played tough games..and when they have..what have they averaged then..?

Well here is a few games when they played good teams.. When they beat Rour winds... Evan Guler had 20 and Reed Ystaas had 14, and when they played East Grand forks which is a pretty good Class double A team in Minnesota (only lost by 5) Evan Guler had 24, and when they beat dakota prarie (a good region 2 team) last week Noah Nicholai had 20 and Evan Guler and Reed Ystaas both had 19... so i personally think they can score in big games..
*BALLER*
NDPreps Reserve

Postby stunt double » Sat Feb 09, 2008 1:36 pm

*BALLER* wrote:
stunt double wrote:
*BALLER* wrote:

Well here is a few games when they played good teams.. When they beat Rour winds... Evan Guler had 20 and Reed Ystaas had 14, and when they played East Grand forks which is a pretty good Class double A team in Minnesota (only lost by 5) Evan Guler had 24, and when they beat dakota prarie (a good region 2 team) last week Noah Nicholai had 20 and Evan Guler and Reed Ystaas both had 19... so i personally think they can score in big games..

I stand corrected about the scoring ability of those 3....but i still really don't feel they have enough experience in either of them. Other teams in the region have those as in Ironheart, Haagenson, and R.Beck...Those 3 have been starting or played quite a bit for 2-3 years now and have played many games to earn experience... I don't remember for sure but is this Guler's, Nicholai's, and Ystaas' first year starting? Just wondering...
stunt double

Postby *BALLER* » Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:43 pm

stunt double wrote:
*BALLER* wrote:
stunt double wrote:
*BALLER* wrote:

I stand corrected about the scoring ability of those 3....but i still really don't feel they have enough experience in either of them. Other teams in the region have those as in Ironheart, Haagenson, and R.Beck...Those 3 have been starting or played quite a bit for 2-3 years now and have played many games to earn experience... I don't remember for sure but is this Guler's, Nicholai's, and Ystaas' first year starting? Just wondering...

Reed Ystaas started last year as a junior and Evan Guler started last year as a sophmore... and Noah Nicholai started a few games too..
*BALLER*
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Stromer » Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:12 pm

Well the game between Rolla and MS that was rescheduled for today has been moved to Tuesday. I guess we will have to wait a little longer to sort out District 8.
Hater of the NC$$

Stromer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby stunt double » Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:34 pm

Stromer wrote:Well the game between Rolla and MS that was rescheduled for today has been moved to Tuesday. I guess we will have to wait a little longer to sort out District 8.

Anyone see Rolla having a chance at this game?
stunt double

PreviousNext

Return to Boys