District 4

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

District 4

Postby PA42 » Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:12 pm

This is going to be an interesting district from top to bottom this year.
1.Grafton-They return more than just one player, they have talent all around.
2.North Border-Cooter is as good as they come.
3. Park River- A lot of talent and a veteran coach. IMO they just don't have enough height to compete with the top 2.
4. Fordville Lankin-The bottom 5 teams are all pretty even but the flyers return nearly all of their scoring. Sticha and Forester are a good one-two punch.
5. Midway-Minto-The only reason I put them this high is because of their coaching. I think Robinson will get them to win some tight ones .
6.Cavlier-Garrett Brown is a very nice player and they return quite a bit from last year. I see them battling for the last region spots.
7.Drayton-St.Thomas-Ethan Littlejohn has turned into one of the top guards in the area. He is the only returning starter.
8. Valley-Edinburg-They return two or three starters and will have an established center in Althoff.
PA42

Re: District 4

Postby ndfootball06 » Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:06 pm

grafton
north border
park river
fordville
drayton st-thomas
cavalier
valley edinburg
midway minto

i feel pretty confident in my first 3 picks, and the last pick. 4-7 is where i think it gets pretty interesting. there should be a lot of competion for the last spot at regionals. fordville returns a lot and i hope they get the 4 spot because itd be good for them after a few down years to put it nicely. brown from cavalier is very athletic, ethan littlejohn from dstcan be lights out from 3 point land and hes got a good post in ryan tucker to work with, and althoff is a presence in the post with a good right handed jump hook, he could be a lot better if he developed another move in the offseason. i put midway minto at the bottom because they lost nearly everything. with the experience they return, i find it hard for any coach to get them at a level to compete.
ndfootball06
NDPreps Starter

Postby hammer63 » Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:17 pm

the first three are easy and should be almost unanimous
1. Grafton
2. North Border
3. Park River
4. Cavalier
5. Fordville Lankin
6. Drayton St Thomas
7. Valley Endinburg
8 midway minto

Midway returns only there jv, our JV beat them by over 50 points I heard there were many games like that for them last year. I think Cavalier will take the 4 although 4 thru 6 are very difficult to rank. Unless someone goes down with an injury or minor this should be close to how it shakes out. My personal opinion is it will be Grafton and DP in the region championship but who will win depends on how well Dakota Prairie gels this year. North Border has a great shot to go to state also, I thought Smith should have started last year and by the end of the year was much better than Paul Meyer. there 3 man punch is better than anybodys but I don't think they have enough after that to be as good as Grafton.
hammer63

Postby InTheKnow » Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:54 pm

horne98 wrote:This is going to be an interesting district from top to bottom this year.
1.Grafton-They return more than just one player, they have talent all around.
2.North Border-Cooter is as good as they come.
3. Park River- A lot of talent and a veteran coach. IMO they just don't have enough height to compete with the top 2.
4. Fordville Lankin-The bottom 5 teams are all pretty even but the flyers return nearly all of their scoring. Sticha and Forester are a good one-two punch.
5. Midway-Minto-The only reason I put them this high is because of their coaching. I think Robinson will get them to win some tight ones .
6.Cavlier-Garrett Brown is a very nice player and they return quite a bit from last year. I see them battling for the last region spots.
7.Drayton-St.Thomas-Ethan Littlejohn has turned into one of the top guards in the area. He is the only returning starter.
8. Valley-Edinburg-They return two or three starters and will have an established center in Althoff.

M-M is way to high. Remember Mozinski transfered to Park River. They will have a tough season. In 2-3 years they will be back towards the top of the district.
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Postby Gongshow » Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:18 am

I think Grafton will be really good if they figure out that if their "star" player AK isn't playing hard which he wasn't doing last year, then they should sit him. Every pass that he got under the hoop he dribbled once turned around and shot. Every time. He never passed it back to one of the guys above the arc. And never figured out that he didn't have to dribble the ball before he shot. He's got a lot more to learn then everyone thinks.
Gongshow

Postby cubsfan » Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:13 pm

1. Grafton
2. North Border
3. Park River
4. Cavalier
5. Fordville-Lankin
6. Drayton-St. Thomas
7. Valley-Edinburg
8. Midway-Minto
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby PA42 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:44 pm

I think AJ Hensel from Norman COunty West should help out park river this season. He has two years of varsity expierence under his belt.
PA42

Postby BFAN » Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:59 pm

Park River also has three returning starters from last year Otto, Anderson, and Jelinek. This team did well at the regionals and with Mozinski coming over from Minto/Midway they should do well without a big postion player.
BFAN

Postby PA42 » Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:33 pm

North Border defeated Central Valley 79-34 tonight. Tanner Charpenter looked excellent, he is an all around player. I like Chale and I think Max Johnson is a nice guard. I think Mike Smith will have a good year but I just think theres something missing. North Border will be among the top teams in the region.
I also saw Drayton-St. Thomas play Hatton-Northwood tonight. Ethan Littlejohn is a very impressive for the knights. He can create a shot as well knock down the three ball. If they would have just rebounded they would have beaten the thunder tonight but they lost 51-43.
PA42

Postby toughregion2 » Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:47 am

I havent heard much about Nort Borders game with central valley. I looked at the box score and looked like Mike Smith had 26. Just wondering how he looked he will be a big key to their success. Grafton and North Border play this month should be a good game. AK against Mike Smith.....Mike played ak very tough last year.......
toughregion2

Postby PA42 » Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:20 pm

North Border looked all good. They should be able to compete with Grafton but I am not sure smith can score on Klinske. He plays good defense and is usally in the right position I am just not sure what kind of offensive firepower he has.
PA42

Postby toughregion2 » Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:31 pm

its all going to depend which ak shows up....i have seen the dominant ak and i have seen the ak that really looks like he doesnt want to be out there. I really beleive you can get him in foul trouble early and make him a non factor....its going to be a fun year in district 4
toughregion2

Postby ndfootball06 » Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:23 pm

toughregion2 wrote:its all going to depend which ak shows up....i have seen the dominant ak and i have seen the ak that really looks like he doesnt want to be out there. I really beleive you can get him in foul trouble early and make him a non factor....its going to be a fun year in district 4

i think ak's gotten a lot better at staying out of foul trouble. i don't think he hit the 20 mark at all against north border, but he was going up against 3 very strong posts. when they played in grafton smith blocked ak 2 or 3 teams, but from what i've seen and heard so far ak has changed his game quite a bit.
ndfootball06
NDPreps Starter

Postby toughregion2 » Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:52 pm

It should be a good matchup....Smith has bulked up a little bit and is one heck of a leaper. He plays very good defense as he showed in the state tourney.......North Border should have the guard play to play with grafton but they will have to hit the boards and hold grafton to one shot.
toughregion2

Postby toughregion2 » Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:52 pm

anbody see a cavalier vs fordville score and stats :?:
toughregion2

Postby toughregion2 » Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:54 pm

my bad cavalier vs langdon
toughregion2

Postby toughregion2 » Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:41 pm

park river got destroyed by New Rockford
toughregion2

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:33 pm

toughregion2 wrote:park river got destroyed by New Rockford

Yeah I saw that box score in the paper today, anyone at that game know what happened? Is New Rockford that good?
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby PA42 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:09 pm

Who does everyone think will get the last two spots into regions? It is between Park River, Cavalier, and Fordville Lankin IMO. Park River has been somewhat inconsistent but they are so athletic. Cavalier has had a very nice year so far. They are young, but Brown is really tough. Fordville has lost a lot of close games so far but sticha is one of the top players in the region and they will continue to improve throughout the tournaments.
PA42

Postby toughregion2 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:45 pm

1. North Border
2. Grafton
3. Park River
4. Cavalier

Big week coming up Cavalier hosts Grafton and goes to park river. Next friday Grafton Plays at North Border. Cavalier is playing well enough to get that 4th spot I think Park River will beat them next week, but cavlier is good enough and posses match up problems to win this game. That would really shake things up .
toughregion2

Postby MT_20 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:12 pm

The district is wide open this year. North Border is a real balanced team and with Carpenter they are always in a game. other than Ak and Wysoski grafton doesn't have alot of talent ak droped 26 points and had 21 borads against Cavalier. Park River plays alot of run n gun basketball and can hit shots but can be inconsistant. Cavaliers young if they can get more experinced by the end of the year they could play with anyone. If Cavalier can beat grafton North border or Park river they will jump to the third seed which cud be huge for them.
“Show class, have pride, and display character. If you do, winning takes care of itself.”
--Paul "Bear" Bryant
MT_20
NDPreps Starter

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:49 pm

Cavalier getting the third seed isn't going to be much of a boost for them IMO. If they get the third seed they'll likely play Drayton St. Thomas or Fordville Lankin in the first round. If they are the fourth seed they' could play D/ST or Fordville-Lankin. Cavalier will beat of these teams more then likely and in the second round they will play Grafton or North Border, games they are likely to lose. Then they will end up playing Park River in the third place game.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby cubsfan » Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:15 pm

MT_20 wrote:The district is wide open this year. North Border is a real balanced team and with Carpenter they are always in a game. other than Ak and Wysoski grafton doesn't have alot of talent ak droped 26 points and had 21 borads against Cavalier. Park River plays alot of run n gun basketball and can hit shots but can be inconsistant. Cavaliers young if they can get more experinced by the end of the year they could play with anyone. If Cavalier can beat grafton North border or Park river they will jump to the third seed which cud be huge for them.

I think Paul Holland is a very talented player. Mike Bartunek is a nice point guard too.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby toughregion2 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:49 pm

Alright im going to put it out there see what you guys think

I would love to see a North Border vs Dakot Prairie region 2 final
these two teams have some roots from the football season and it would be a great match up once again
toughregion2

Postby MT_20 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:41 am

That wud be a great match up. no offense to district 3 but i think by tournament time 3 of the 4 to move on in regionals will be out of district 4. Thompson is very good and so is Dakota praire. but i think DP is the only team that can beat a team from district 4. how is district 3 shaping up any way???
“Show class, have pride, and display character. If you do, winning takes care of itself.”
--Paul "Bear" Bryant
MT_20
NDPreps Starter

Return to Boys