Hoopster Picks

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Hoopster Picks

Postby poweraidman » Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:05 am

basketballer wrote:K. I will give you that. LaMoure hasn't proved themselves, but I think since it is the 6 seniors last time around they will be very tough and possibly make the top 8. Of course anything could happen. And as luckyinlife said go watch them in Lisbon(#6) Or in Bismarck against pre-season number 1 Hazen to check if they are actually as bad as you say and "have no bench."

ok i know pretty much everyone on lamoure's team. name their 5th 6th and 7th man. they didnt touch the court last year in a varsity game. they only have 4 returning seniors that played not 6
poweraidman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby basketballer » Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:00 pm

poweraidman wrote:
basketballer wrote:K. I will give you that. LaMoure hasn't proved themselves, but I think since it is the 6 seniors last time around they will be very tough and possibly make the top 8. Of course anything could happen. And as luckyinlife said go watch them in Lisbon(#6) Or in Bismarck against pre-season number 1 Hazen to check if they are actually as bad as you say and "have no bench."

ok i know pretty much everyone on lamoure's team. name their 5th 6th and 7th man. they didnt touch the court last year in a varsity game. they only have 4 returning seniors that played not 6

cam albertson, trevor pollert, and aaron stemen. they didnt play varsity. they were tough in jv though.
basketballer

Postby ndsportsfan14 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:51 pm

Hey kind of off topic but ino theres a scrimmage in Carrington this Saturday an teams there are Midkota,Carrington,Dakota Prarrie,Minn-Leeds that will be nice to see how that comes out see where some teams are
ndsportsfan14
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball » Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:39 pm

i dont like the idea of a scrimmage. if your going to have a glorified practice against other teams, have an exhibition game. play four 8 minute quarters, OT if needed, keep score all the other good stuff just dont record it on their records. i dont know hwo it works in basketball because ive never played in a scrimmage but if its like the football scrimmages where they dont keep score just get so many possessions and call it good i hate that idea....
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby poweraidman » Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:22 pm

poweraidman wrote:
basketballer wrote:
K. I will give you that. LaMoure hasn't proved themselves, but I think since it is the 6 seniors last time around they will be very tough and possibly make the top 8. Of course anything could happen. And as luckyinlife said go watch them in Lisbon(#6) Or in Bismarck against pre-season number 1 Hazen to check if they are actually as bad as you say and "have no bench."

cam albertson, trevor pollert, and aaron stemen. they didnt play varsity. they were tough in jv though.

all i can say is haha, if those three are gonna be the 5th man other teams might as well put 2 guys on holen, shockman, or watkins the whole time and not even worry about them. Im sorry but ive seen them play and they werent tough in jv, plus cam and trevor were juniors last year and they didnt stick out so idk how they are gonna compete with teams of 5 good players
poweraidman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby basketballer » Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:31 pm

poweraidman wrote:
poweraidman wrote:
basketballer wrote:
K. I will give you that. LaMoure hasn't proved themselves, but I think since it is the 6 seniors last time around they will be very tough and possibly make the top 8. Of course anything could happen. And as luckyinlife said go watch them in Lisbon(#6) Or in Bismarck against pre-season number 1 Hazen to check if they are actually as bad as you say and "have no bench."

all i can say is haha, if those three are gonna be the 5th man other teams might as well put 2 guys on holen, shockman, or watkins the whole time and not even worry about them. Im sorry but ive seen them play and they werent tough in jv, plus cam and trevor were juniors last year and they didnt stick out so idk how they are gonna compete with teams of 5 good players

ok :?
basketballer

Postby basketballer » Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:44 pm

poweraidman wrote:
poweraidman wrote:
basketballer wrote:

dude i see you bring up nitshke from kulm in best big guys topic, he played varsity last yr. for a seventh ranked kulm team coming into district compared to pollert and albertson who started for jv for a number one ranked team coming into district. Yet you are talking albertson and pollert down who ended up the 2nd best team in district 5 and started their jv. all i can say is haha to you. I guess we will see if LaMoure will be overrated like you said and if LaMoure will have a bench. I guess you might end up proving me wrong but all we can do is wait and see.
basketballer

Postby munson11 » Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:25 pm

Pertaining to LaMoure, I can definitely see Stemen having more of an impact that either Albertson or Pollert. That kid has a nice, nice shot, but seemed to have a problem with turnovers, and when he did you might think it was the end of the world. He gets kind of down if he makes a mistake, so if he can keep his head up he should be o.k.

Pollert plays inside, but unless the guys he's playing against inside are the same height or shorter, he won't be to great.

The only thing I can think of with Albertson was that he was pretty good at hitting the 3 which isn't bad, but unless he learns how to use his left hand soon, he'll be stopped fairly easily.
munson11

Postby B_Baller » Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:21 pm

heartstopper wrote:Region 1-Lisbon
Region 2-Grafton
Region 3-Lamoure
Region 4-Munich-Starkweather
Region 5-Shiloh Chritian
Region 6-Bishop Ryah
Region 7-Hazen
Region 8-Watford City

The Top Ten Teams in State

1.Hazen
2.Bishop Ryan
3.Grafton
4.Watford City
5.Lamoure
6.Lisbon
7.Munich-Starkweather
8.Shiloh Christian
9.Hankinson
10.North Border

Your Thoughts on the Hoopster picks

I still find it hard to believe that starkweather/munich is one of the top 10 tens in state but i bet when the season starts and gets going that will all change
B_Baller
NDPreps Starter

Postby Stromer » Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:34 pm

B_Baller wrote:
heartstopper wrote:Region 1-Lisbon
Region 2-Grafton
Region 3-Lamoure
Region 4-Munich-Starkweather
Region 5-Shiloh Chritian
Region 6-Bishop Ryah
Region 7-Hazen
Region 8-Watford City

The Top Ten Teams in State

1.Hazen
2.Bishop Ryan
3.Grafton
4.Watford City
5.Lamoure
6.Lisbon
7.Munich-Starkweather
8.Shiloh Christian
9.Hankinson
10.North Border

Your Thoughts on the Hoopster picks

I still find it hard to believe that starkweather/munich is one of the top 10 tens in state but i bet when the season starts and gets going that will all change

The only reason is because they are picked to win their region. We all know Region 4 is weak compared to the others.
Hater of the NC$$

Increased D1 student fees? I'm all for it.

http://www.siouxsports.com
Stromer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby luckyinlife » Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:16 pm

basketballer wrote:
poweraidman wrote:Can anyone explain to me why LaMoure always gets rated high. First of all they dont ever make it to state. 2nd most of the teams from that region dont do any better than 6th in state so why would they rate them that high.

that has only been the last two years that region 3 has gotten worse than 5th. in 2003 Linton got third or fourth that was when there was a great nr-s and bottineau teams... and in my opinion pbk could have done way better at state but they didnt have their best games there.

Is it possible that LaMoure has figured it out this year? They played stingy defense against Lisbon and Hazen and opened up the floodgates against LMM. Yes, Shockman had some big numbers, but he didn't do it by himself. The passing in that game was something else. Sometimes two pases before feeding Shockman, sometimes 6 or 7. You can't draw plays up like those. It takes talent and teamwork. And if you are wondering about the bench, look in the Sun to see how many people scored in that game for LaMoure.
luckyinlife
NDPreps Starter

Postby ballaholic#3 » Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:21 pm

luckyinlife wrote:
basketballer wrote:
poweraidman wrote:Can anyone explain to me why LaMoure always gets rated high. First of all they dont ever make it to state. 2nd most of the teams from that region dont do any better than 6th in state so why would they rate them that high.

that has only been the last two years that region 3 has gotten worse than 5th. in 2003 Linton got third or fourth that was when there was a great nr-s and bottineau teams... and in my opinion pbk could have done way better at state but they didnt have their best games there.

Is it possible that LaMoure has figured it out this year? They played stingy defense against Lisbon and Hazen and opened up the floodgates against LMM. Yes, Shockman had some big numbers, but he didn't do it by himself. The passing in that game was something else. Sometimes two pases before feeding Shockman, sometimes 6 or 7. You can't draw plays up like those. It takes talent and teamwork. And if you are wondering about the bench, look in the Sun to see how many people scored in that game for LaMoure.

in 2003 Linton was in an easy bracket and played a weak minot ryan team first round (not bottineau )from a weak region that year. so from that little nugget there i'd say that region 3 hasn't been great at state. but i'm sure lamoure is good and they just beat hazen. but once districts start you find who the real teams are and if lamoure is good as advertised we'll see how they can do at state.
ballaholic#3
NDPreps Starter

Postby luckyinlife » Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:00 am

ballaholic#3 wrote:
luckyinlife wrote:
basketballer wrote:

in 2003 Linton was in an easy bracket and played a weak minot ryan team first round (not bottineau )from a weak region that year. so from that little nugget there i'd say that region 3 hasn't been great at state. but i'm sure lamoure is good and they just beat hazen. but once districts start you find who the real teams are and if lamoure is good as advertised we'll see how they can do at state.

You got that right. Look what Coach Schaeffer did with the BCN team last year in the tournaments. Anything can happen and often does. That's why they play the game. And to think some people want to split Class B and screw up such a good thing.
luckyinlife
NDPreps Starter

Previous

Return to Boys