Hoopster Picks

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Hoopster Picks

Postby heartstopper » Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:47 pm

Region 1-Lisbon
Region 2-Grafton
Region 3-Lamoure
Region 4-Munich-Starkweather
Region 5-Shiloh Chritian
Region 6-Bishop Ryah
Region 7-Hazen
Region 8-Watford City

The Top Ten Teams in State

1.Hazen
2.Bishop Ryan
3.Grafton
4.Watford City
5.Lamoure
6.Lisbon
7.Munich-Starkweather
8.Shiloh Christian
9.Hankinson
10.North Border

Your Thoughts on the Hoopster picks
heartstopper

Re: Hoopster Picks

Postby KennyG » Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:39 am

No way is Shiloh top 10 worthy!!!
KennyG

Postby BB11 » Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:58 am

scc wrote:I find it interesting that regions 1 and 2 each have two teams in their preseason top 10. Also, the top 8 consists of their top pick from each region. According to their logic, no region possesses two teams better than the top team in any other region. Maybe that sells more copies of the "Hoopster."

Don does this based on each region winner - if they win the region - than obviously they will place in the top 8 spots in state. It's not so much a ranking as a placement as to how they will finish in state - if that makes sense.
"As God as my witness, I thought Turkeys could fly."
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndlionsfan » Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:07 am

I'm surprised to see Munich-Starkweather picked to win Region 4 and ranked so high. They have a lot back and a good nucleus of key players, but I thought Langdon, Mwkn-Leeds, or even Four Winds would be picked to win that region.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby toughregion2 » Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:55 pm

heartstopper wrote:Region 1-Lisbon
Region 2-Grafton
Region 3-Lamoure
Region 4-Munich-Starkweather
Region 5-Shiloh Chritian
Region 6-Bishop Ryah
Region 7-Hazen
Region 8-Watford City

The Top Ten Teams in State

1.Hazen
2.Bishop Ryan
3.Grafton
4.Watford City
5.Lamoure
6.Lisbon
7.Munich-Starkweather
8.Shiloh Christian
9.Hankinson
10.North Border

Your Thoughts on the Hoopster picks

should be a mix up early. I think North Border and Munich play the first game of the year
toughregion2

Postby nativegolfer » Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:08 pm

Thats sweet! M-S comes to FW for our first game and they're gonna get smoked! FW should win by at least 15-20, count on it!
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby Makotifarmguy » Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:48 pm

Thats sweet! M-S comes to FW for our first game and they're gonna get smoked! FW should win by at least 15-20, count on it!

Has anyone taught that young Ironheart how to play defense yet? If not, it could be a long season for FW's.
"Take the bull by the horns"
Makotifarmguy
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball » Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:20 pm

nativegolfer wrote:Thats sweet! M-S comes to FW for our first game and they're gonna get smoked! FW should win by at least 15-20, count on it!

gotta love this time of year huh?? :roll:
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby RUN & GUN » Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:59 am

I just don't see how Hazen is ranked number one in the state, they're good but I highly doubt that they are that good
RUN & GUN

Postby bigtuna21 » Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:34 am

baseball wrote:
nativegolfer wrote:Thats sweet! M-S comes to FW for our first game and they're gonna get smoked! FW should win by at least 15-20, count on it!

four winds isn't even picked to win the district and u say they t gunna snoke m-s i dont think so four winds will be nothin like last year without tony ironheart
bigtuna21

Postby nativegolfer » Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:05 pm

bigtuna21 wrote:
baseball wrote:

four winds isn't even picked to win the district and u say they t gunna snoke m-s i dont think so four winds will be nothin like last year without tony ironheart

Hey Knucklehead! FW was picked fourth in the district last year by the "Almighty Hoopster"! Tony was great, but theres talent waiting in the wings. Just wait till the opening tip and find out.
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby project-pat » Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:10 pm

nativegolfer wrote:
bigtuna21 wrote:
baseball wrote:

Hey Knucklehead! FW was picked fourth in the district last year by the "Almighty Hoopster"! Tony was great, but theres talent waiting in the wings. Just wait till the opening tip and find out.

with all the hype they get on this site...might as well just hand them the trophy...my favorite team in the state will be whoever plays against four winds week by week
project-pat

Postby baseball » Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:11 pm

bigtuna21 wrote:
baseball wrote:

This is the year of CJ Ironheart right??
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndsubisonfan » Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:33 pm

RUN & GUN wrote:I just don't see how Hazen is ranked number one in the state, they're good but I highly doubt that they are that good

i really do think hazen is that good... they lost boger and thats it, and they are well coached
ndsubisonfan

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:49 pm

Oh great, he were go again with this....
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:38 am

I think the hoopster was a little generous toward grafton giving them the third ranking in the state. They had 3 all district players last year in Kliniske, Olivarez and Schiller and now two of them are gone. North Border had 3 in Carpenter, Meyer and Chale. Mike Smith easily could've been one and is on the state players to watch honorable mention in the hoopster as well. Grafton lost in the first round of regionals last year and NB placed 3rd in state. DP isn't going to be an easy victory this year either so I think it'll be a three team race all year with those teams. It's going to end up with who gets hot at regionals between those three, rankings won't be a factor. NB and DP have post players in Nichols and Smith that can match up to Kliniske. I guess after all the complaining Grafton did about regionals being in the Betty now that they are in Grafton should help them a little but not much. One thing I dont like about them changing it to Grafton is that in 2005, the last time regionals weren't at the betty it was in Grafton. It is Mayville State University's turn to host regionals this year so if they were going to go back to that way of doing it, it should not have been in Grafton. It won't matter though, the site has not really proven to be an indicator of who goes to state in past years.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball1981 » Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:17 pm

Four Winds will struggle this year. They will be awful. Tony Ironheart is the only reason they were good.
baseball1981

Postby Hinsa » Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:44 pm

north_border_eagles2106 wrote:I think the hoopster was a little generous toward grafton giving them the third ranking in the state. They had 3 all district players last year in Kliniske, Olivarez and Schiller and now two of them are gone. North Border had 3 in Carpenter, Meyer and Chale. Mike Smith easily could've been one and is on the state players to watch honorable mention in the hoopster as well. Grafton lost in the first round of regionals last year and NB placed 3rd in state. DP isn't going to be an easy victory this year either so I think it'll be a three team race all year with those teams. It's going to end up with who gets hot at regionals between those three, rankings won't be a factor. NB and DP have post players in Nichols and Smith that can match up to Kliniske. I guess after all the complaining Grafton did about regionals being in the Betty now that they are in Grafton should help them a little but not much. One thing I dont like about them changing it to Grafton is that in 2005, the last time regionals weren't at the betty it was in Grafton. It is Mayville State University's turn to host regionals this year so if they were going to go back to that way of doing it, it should not have been in Grafton. It won't matter though, the site has not really proven to be an indicator of who goes to state in past years.

The reason it didn't matter that Grafton hosted regionals is because Grafton was never that good. But now that they are a region contender, home court WILL make a difference.

In my opinion, NO TEAM should host the regional on their home court. It should ALWAYS be played on a neutral floor.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndfan » Sat Nov 10, 2007 10:21 pm

scc wrote:
Hinsa wrote:
north_border_eagles2106 wrote:I think the hoopster was a little generous toward grafton giving them the third ranking in the state. They had 3 all district players last year in Kliniske, Olivarez and Schiller and now two of them are gone. North Border had 3 in Carpenter, Meyer and Chale. Mike Smith easily could've been one and is on the state players to watch honorable mention in the hoopster as well. Grafton lost in the first round of regionals last year and NB placed 3rd in state. DP isn't going to be an easy victory this year either so I think it'll be a three team race all year with those teams. It's going to end up with who gets hot at regionals between those three, rankings won't be a factor. NB and DP have post players in Nichols and Smith that can match up to Kliniske. I guess after all the complaining Grafton did about regionals being in the Betty now that they are in Grafton should help them a little but not much. One thing I dont like about them changing it to Grafton is that in 2005, the last time regionals weren't at the betty it was in Grafton. It is Mayville State University's turn to host regionals this year so if they were going to go back to that way of doing it, it should not have been in Grafton. It won't matter though, the site has not really proven to be an indicator of who goes to state in past years.

The reason it didn't matter that Grafton hosted regionals is because Grafton was never that good. But now that they are a region contender, home court WILL make a difference.

In my opinion, NO TEAM should host the regional on their home court. It should ALWAYS be played on a neutral floor.

Grafton runs a much better tournament than Mayville. Home court advantage is not a good enough reason to keep the region tournament from Grafton.

Tell that to Larimore a few years back when they were the top team in the region, played Grafton in Grafton to start regionals and Lost. :)
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:51 pm

baseball1981 wrote:Four Winds will struggle this year. They will be awful. Tony Ironheart is the only reason they were good.

Your a GENIOUS. Four Winds will struggle? I wish I could blast you but I'll be nice. Whens the last year they were under .500 smart guy? Four Winds will be a good team, maybe not a region champ, who knows, but they will be top 2 or 3 in the region, thats just how it is going to be. They are annually competitive, thats a fact.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby BBall dominator » Sun Nov 11, 2007 12:05 am

NATURAL TALENT wrote:
baseball1981 wrote:Four Winds will struggle this year. They will be awful. Tony Ironheart is the only reason they were good.

Your a GENIOUS. Four Winds will struggle? I wish I could blast you but I'll be nice. Whens the last year they were under .500 smart guy? Four Winds will be a good team, maybe not a region champ, who knows, but they will be top 2 or 3 in the region, thats just how it is going to be. They are annually competitive, thats a fact.

no your a GENIUS they won't struggle but i remember when i was in HS which wasn't a very long time ago they weren't very good its just the last 3-4 years they've been good. TI was basically why they were able to do what they did last year. They still have very good athletes their building what could be a nice program if they keep it up but i see this as not a rebuilding year but not a year like the past 3 maybe like a 16-18 win season which isn't bad at all some teams wish they could win that many.
Hate my selfishness, Hate my lies, Hate my infidelity, Hate the fact that my high-powered attorneys got me off and humiliated my accuser when I was charged with rape. And hate that I'm loved, because I can shoot a ball.
BBall dominator
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:41 am

ndfan wrote:
scc wrote:
Hinsa wrote:

Grafton runs a much better tournament than Mayville. Home court advantage is not a good enough reason to keep the region tournament from Grafton.

Tell that to Larimore a few years back when they were the top team in the region, played Grafton in Grafton to start regionals and Lost. :)

Thats actually a really good point as to why it shouldn't be in grafton. the buzzer beater shot wasn't even close to being in before the time ran out. And as far as grafton not being good in the argument previous well that year they had a very good team. the other years it was in grafton they weren't in district 4 or class b for a long time so it was a neutral floor. Grafton had Chad Berg. (region player of the year) Brandon Nelson ,(all-conference point guard) and another post player who's name I can't think of now but he was all conference twice. Plus Kliniske was a freshmen that year and played very well in the starting lineup. Even if grafton does "run a better tournament" then mayville it's still not their turn to host. The reason it is in grafton is because they have a good team this year. Had they not been expecting a good season they wouldnt've pushed for regionals to be in grafton.
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Claz B Fan » Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:01 pm

The hoopster has been fairly accurate in the last 10 years on their picks and this years seem to be very accurate
Claz B Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby parkerAKAthefuture » Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:10 pm

HaHaHa......LOVE IT!

GO INDIANS!!!!
parkerAKAthefuture
NDPreps Starter

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:23 pm

BBall dominator wrote:no your a GENIUS they won't struggle but i remember when i was in HS which wasn't a very long time ago they weren't very good its just the last 3-4 years they've been good. TI was basically why they were able to do what they did last year. They still have very good athletes their building what could be a nice program if they keep it up but i see this as not a rebuilding year but not a year like the past 3 maybe like a 16-18 win season which isn't bad at all some teams wish they could win that many.

They werent very good because why? Because your team beat them? I was also in HS not very long ago and I dont remember losing to FW but they STILL had good teams every year. So as genious as I am, I would say they are still annually competitive just like I said in my first post. They will NOT struggle as was stated.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Next

Return to Boys