Coaches from each region

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Coaches from each region

Postby BBall dominator » Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:57 pm

Tu-Big wrote:
BBall dominator wrote:Mike Dwyer Shiloh Christian has been to state 4 out of the last 5 years and 6 overall trips to the state tournament and has over 200 wins.

Shiloh is in one of the weakest regions in the state, which is one of the factors that contributes to their success. What has Shiloh placed at the state tournaments that they have played in?

3rd, 8th, 4th, and 7th, I think the 2 before that was 5th and 4th I think not sure. Region 5 is a littler weaker but they always have a team ranked somwhere throughout the year either standing rock, wilton, or shiloh christian.
Hate my selfishness, Hate my lies, Hate my infidelity, Hate the fact that my high-powered attorneys got me off and humiliated my accuser when I was charged with rape. And hate that I'm loved, because I can shoot a ball.
BBall dominator
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby BballFan1307 » Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:20 pm

Steve Carnal at Oak Grove is one of the best coaches in region 1, it seems like he always has a solid team and has been doing it forever.
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby the next coming » Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:53 pm

project-pat wrote:I think there are better coaches in region 7 than rich dufault....Grinsteiner and Butterfield for example...Gary Ballard of Bowman County is an excellent coach as well.

i would have to go with dufault on this one butterfield does not deserve it as grinnstiener does not either
the next coming

Postby the next coming » Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:55 pm

in region 7 i would go with dufault
the next coming

Postby baseball » Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:50 pm

the next coming wrote:
project-pat wrote:I think there are better coaches in region 7 than rich dufault....Grinsteiner and Butterfield for example...Gary Ballard of Bowman County is an excellent coach as well.

i would have to go with dufault on this one butterfield does not deserve it [b]as grinnstiener does not either[/b]

What?!?!?!
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby baller01 » Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:14 pm

the next coming wrote:

i would have to go with dufault on this one butterfield does not deserve it as grinnstiener does not either

I thought I couldn't get any dumber but after reading that I have. How can you honestly say that? Sure he doesn't run any complex offense or anything but name a coach with more success than him in the past decade. Of course, as the same with Dwyer, people are going to say the only reason he has success is because he coaches at a private and has a great deal of kids to choose from. John Wooden, the greatest coach of any sport ever, said it makes it a lot easier to win coaching the best players in the nation, but he said not even some coaches can win with the best players in the nation. Same goes for Grinnstiener. Sure he might have a good bunch of athletes to work with. But to get them every year to work as hard as they do and become that discplined. He certainly is one of the top coaches in the state.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby BBall dominator » Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:24 pm

baller01 wrote:
the next coming wrote:

I thought I couldn't get any dumber but after reading that I have. How can you honestly say that? Sure he doesn't run any complex offense or anything but name a coach with more success than him in the past decade. Of course, as the same with Dwyer, people are going to say the only reason he has success is because he coaches at a private and has a great deal of kids to choose from. John Wooden, the greatest coach of any sport ever, said it makes it a lot easier to win coaching the best players in the nation, but he said not even some coaches can win with the best players in the nation. Same goes for Grinnstiener. Sure he might have a good bunch of athletes to work with. But to get them every year to work as hard as they do and become that discplined. He certainly is one of the top coaches in the state.

Very true give coaches like grinnsteiner, dwyer, carr, and nelson a few talented players and its a 20+ plus win season. And w/o talent they prove themselves by always having their teams ready for tournament time.
Hate my selfishness, Hate my lies, Hate my infidelity, Hate the fact that my high-powered attorneys got me off and humiliated my accuser when I was charged with rape. And hate that I'm loved, because I can shoot a ball.
BBall dominator
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baller01 » Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:39 pm

BBall dominator wrote:
baller01 wrote:
the next coming wrote:

Very true give coaches like grinnsteiner, dwyer, carr, and nelson a few talented players and its a 20+ plus win season. And w/o talent they prove themselves by always having their teams ready for tournament time.

Exactly. You see who the good coaches are when the following year after a 20+ win season and the loss of 6 seniors they have their team right there at tourney time with a bunch of average players. Example Trinity last year, coached by Grinnsteiner.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby basketballer » Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:44 pm

the next coming wrote:

You have got to be kidding... It takes just a little good coaching to make it to state as many years in a row as him.
basketballer

Postby project-pat » Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:44 pm

the next coming wrote:

are you kidding?? Take away Dufault's son and he has nothing. Grinnsteiner can get a 20 win season with any team that is given to him. He is a very fundamental coach that teaches his players basketball intelligence very well. I would pick dufault as 4th best coach in the region, at best.
project-pat

Postby Splitend08 » Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:08 pm

Region 1- Steve Carnal. He has i think over 500 wins in his time at OG and last year lead his team within 1 point of the dance when they we thought to not make it past the first game of the regionals. give it up for him and this year looks promising with the return of alot of talent.
Splitend08

Postby chevyman11 » Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:59 pm

the next coming wrote:

now explain to me how butterfield doesnt deserve it and how dufault does. idk if coaching a 2 man team last year brings him to be the best coach in the region. butterfield explains the concept of team basketball-watch m/r and ull see what i mean.
chevyman11
NDPreps All-Conference

Previous

Return to Boys