Region 3 Question

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Region 3 Question

Postby basketballer » Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:32 pm

baseball wrote:
basketballer wrote:Well Tappen said it was ok. LaMoure asked their AD last year if it was ok with them to do this. He said it was ok from what i know. I very highly doubt that Oakes or Milnor would ok LaMoure playing their jv against them. Even though LaMoure doesn't have to ask them to play their jv against them, it would be very low in my mind to do that, and I will guess that is why LaMoure didn't try to do that to them. And hasn't district 6 teams been doing that to H-M-B lately?

Linton did it in '06 but they were the only ones. even that brought up a bunch of questions around the district

Ok. Well I guess I don't really why it was Tappen and stuff. They were probably the first LaMoure asked and they said it was ok. :?
basketballer

Postby Philnerius21 » Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:43 pm

Here's the thing on this whole disucussion: #1 I am from Tappen, and know we are not switching districts. We were going to petition get switched back but we figured that since it was going to be such an uneven number that ndhsaa would do something, but tehy didn't so we are still same district as before. #2 We will not be shutting down in the next 5 years, but our district is consoloidating leaving only the tappen and steele schools open. This will also be the last year for their boys basketball team. To also clear things up, there is a B-team and an A-team, THERE IS NO C-team. The C-team is no co-oped with steele. #3 I don't know when or where you heard or AD said anything about lamoure jv playing our varsity. Also nowhere has it said on any of the schedules i have seen anywhere that our varsity will be playing there jv. A reminder also, that if they would play their jv against our varsity and count it as a jv game i have might have an answer to that. Last year i watched two games between these two teams, and both games tappen led until 2 min left in the fourth quarter both games. I'm sure most of you heard the 2nd game on the radio when they were matched up in districts. So what does they say, are they scared that a team who is spose to be nothing but a bunch of scrubs is going to beat them, maybe, but i bet lamoure would also say that tappen was one of the teams that actually played em tough all year. Yes better than bakkum's pirates. No they didnt play them better than lmm apparently becuz lmm beat them, but that was also right at the beginning of the year. And no apparent the didnt play better than BCN. All i am saying is that, if your so good play em and whoop on em by 50 60 whatever they want, why waste you time playing another game in one that you might lose, when you can use that game as a practice and save yourselves for a big game. and finally #4 tappen will have 5 seniors and 1 junior who will see alot of playing time this year returning to the team, the of which were starters last year. These 6 have been playing together since the 7th grade, so i wouldnt count them out to much and agree with what the hoopster says this year. I heard they beat valley city's class A team or somein down in the fall league a couple weeks ago so dont write em off just yet. If you have any questions concerning the lamoure game i will be finding out tomorrow from our AD if he has said this and we have not been informed.
Philnerius21

Postby basketballer » Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:09 pm

Philnerius21 wrote:Here's the thing on this whole disucussion: #1 I am from Tappen, and know we are not switching districts. We were going to petition get switched back but we figured that since it was going to be such an uneven number that ndhsaa would do something, but tehy didn't so we are still same district as before. #2 We will not be shutting down in the next 5 years, but our district is consoloidating leaving only the tappen and steele schools open. This will also be the last year for their boys basketball team. To also clear things up, there is a B-team and an A-team, THERE IS NO C-team. The C-team is no co-oped with steele. #3 I don't know when or where you heard or AD said anything about lamoure jv playing our varsity. Also nowhere has it said on any of the schedules i have seen anywhere that our varsity will be playing there jv. A reminder also, that if they would play their jv against our varsity and count it as a jv game i have might have an answer to that. Last year i watched two games between these two teams, and both games tappen led until 2 min left in the fourth quarter both games. I'm sure most of you heard the 2nd game on the radio when they were matched up in districts. So what does they say, are they scared that a team who is spose to be nothing but a bunch of scrubs is going to beat them, maybe, but i bet lamoure would also say that tappen was one of the teams that actually played em tough all year. Yes better than bakkum's pirates. No they didnt play them better than lmm apparently becuz lmm beat them, but that was also right at the beginning of the year. And no apparent the didnt play better than BCN. All i am saying is that, if your so good play em and whoop on em by 50 60 whatever they want, why waste you time playing another game in one that you might lose, when you can use that game as a practice and save yourselves for a big game. and finally #4 tappen will have 5 seniors and 1 junior who will see alot of playing time this year returning to the team, the of which were starters last year. These 6 have been playing together since the 7th grade, so i wouldnt count them out to much and agree with what the hoopster says this year. I heard they beat valley city's class A team or somein down in the fall league a couple weeks ago so dont write em off just yet. If you have any questions concerning the lamoure game i will be finding out tomorrow from our AD if he has said this and we have not been informed.

LaMoure IS playing their JV against Tappen... It says B and C against Tappen on the LaMoure Athletic calendar.
Last edited by basketballer on Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
basketballer

Postby Philnerius21 » Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:14 pm

well then i would sure like to know why tappen school and community are the only ones who hasnt seen this new athletic calendar you are all looking at
Philnerius21

Postby basketballer » Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:28 pm

Philnerius21 wrote:well then i would sure like to know why tappen school and community are the only ones who hasnt seen this new athletic calendar you are all looking at

Its the LaMoure athletic calendar.
basketballer

Postby Philnerius21 » Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:35 pm

Okay, so if lamoure if lamoure's says it why doenst tappen's. hmm kind of fishy. from what im gettin it sounds like if lamoures schedule says they are all gonna tie bricks to their feet and jump in when they play tappen, it looks like tappen has to do it too even though theirs doesnt say it.
Philnerius21

Postby Philnerius21 » Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:41 pm

alright i just called the coach, he said it is the jv playin tappen's varsity, because lamoure wanted in a tournament. I guess the coach knew about it so i apologize for the inconvenience. But the coach did say it counts as a district game, that has been cleared between the two schools. Tappen said it was going to count as a district game and lamoure said that that was fine. So its cleared up now, i guess tappen needs to get better communication in there office area. I apologize for the smart comments.
Philnerius21

Postby basketballer » Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:45 pm

Philnerius21 wrote:alright i just called the coach, he said it is the jv playin tappen's varsity, because lamoure wanted in a tournament. I guess the coach knew about it so i apologize for the inconvenience. But the coach did say it counts as a district game, that has been cleared between the two schools. Tappen said it was going to count as a district game and lamoure said that that was fine. So its cleared up now, i guess tappen needs to get better communication in there office area. I apologize for the smart comments.

This is your last yr. of Boy's basketball. Right? Well they got invited to this thing called the Hoopster Tournament. Therefore they had to take a team off their schedule. Well this is Tappen's last yr. so it won't ruin future scheduling to play their jv against them because they won't have their own team next year anyways. If they did this to another team they would have to add two different team and lose a team to schedule games with.
basketballer

Postby basketballer » Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:46 pm

Philnerius21 wrote:alright i just called the coach, he said it is the jv playin tappen's varsity, because lamoure wanted in a tournament. I guess the coach knew about it so i apologize for the inconvenience. But the coach did say it counts as a district game, that has been cleared between the two schools. Tappen said it was going to count as a district game and lamoure said that that was fine. So its cleared up now, i guess tappen needs to get better communication in there office area. I apologize for the smart comments.

Ok. No problem.
basketballer

Postby Philnerius21 » Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:55 pm

Okay, yeah this our last dance, next year there is no more tappen basketball boys or girls.
Philnerius21

Postby sooners » Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:53 pm

its not like tappen had a basketball team in the last 5 or 6 years any way oh yah didnt steele beat lamoure in the stutman county tournment
sooners
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Hinsa » Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:25 pm

sooners wrote:its not like tappen had a basketball team in the last 5 or 6 years any way oh yah didnt steele beat lamoure in the stutman county tournment

That is a cruel thing to say to a town that is celebrating its last hurrah with their own school basketball team! I hope Tappen rises up and stomps on whatever your home team is, Sooners!
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:56 pm

Hinsa wrote:
sooners wrote:its not like tappen had a basketball team in the last 5 or 6 years any way oh yah didnt steele beat lamoure in the stutman county tournment

That is a cruel thing to say to a town that is celebrating its last hurrah with their own school basketball team! I hope Tappen rises up and stomps on whatever your home team is, Sooners!

I have to agree with sooners on this one...in 2006 didnt Perry Anderson win his first career game there and he was a senior? 0-60 something like that? as for the Mitlieder guy, how can you say you played lamoure better then "Bakkum's Pirates" when they beat them and you didnt? if i had to give an over under that tappen wins 4 games i would say under...
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Hinsa » Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:08 pm

0-60 or whatever, still no reason to kick 'em when they're down.

If Tappen is like any other small town, the kids and townspeople still care about their home town team, even if they aren't very good. The kids practice and sweat just like any other team, and the parents attend the games and cheer for their kids just like any other town.

To say they didn't have a team for the last 5 or 6 years just sounds like a cheap shot to me. That would be fightin' words to me, but then I don't know the situation personally.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby basketballer » Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:31 pm

Seriously. That wasn't needed. You could have left off the first part of the sentence and state how SteeIe beat LaMoure in the Stutsman County Tournament. I hope that Tappen beats your team too.
basketballer

Postby Philnerius21 » Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:18 pm

Yeah, okay steele beat them in stutsman's. Whats that tourney matter? I think if youd ask basketballer who won in regionals when it actually MATTERED hed be glad to tell you that one. As for the comments about not having a team, say what you want, new season, new team. Perry had plenty of oppurtunities to play for medina he only lived 2 miles from the school. He chose to play for us. We have a school of 79 kids K-12 there isnt alot to choose from. Go take you and your almighty team and win state why yur at it.
Philnerius21

Postby baseball » Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:12 am

that still doesnt answer the question....how did you come to the conclusion that you played Lamoure better then Steele did??
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Philnerius21 » Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:48 pm

I've said that already. Tappen led BOTH games till the last two minutes, it then came to free throws. Steele led ONE game. They won ONE game, the game that didn't matter. It seems to me that apparently Steele got big heads and learned nothing from beating them the first game, because they were eatin alive by lamoure's d. They exploited the fact that the rest of steeles team was nothing if bakkum couldnt perform. Apparently tappen was able to learn from the first game, game plan and keep lamoure in check again.
Philnerius21

Postby baseball » Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:09 pm

Philnerius21 wrote:I've said that already. Tappen led BOTH games till the last two minutes, it then came to free throws. Steele led ONE game. [b]They won ONE game, the game that didn't matter. It seems to me that apparently Steele got big heads and learned nothing from beating them the first game, because they were eatin alive by lamoure's d. They exploited the fact that the rest of steeles team was nothing if bakkum couldnt perform. Apparently tappen was able to learn from the first game, game plan and keep lamoure in check again.

exactly they won...tappen didnt, which means steele played better. and if it takes a team playing them once to figure out that they go as Bakkum goes then something is wrong. Randall is a good player, but he needed Bakkum last year, i hope he proves me wrong but even this year he will struggle without him the first few games. as for steele getting big heads after that game, i know for a fact thats not true. i talked to most of the guys a few days after the game and they even admitted they got a way with a win there that they shouldnt have.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby lightning » Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:46 pm

yea you would know to
baseball wrote:
Philnerius21 wrote:I've said that already. Tappen led BOTH games till the last two minutes, it then came to free throws. Steele led ONE game. [b]They won ONE game, the game that didn't matter. It seems to me that apparently Steele got big heads and learned nothing from beating them the first game, because they were eatin alive by lamoure's d. They exploited the fact that the rest of steeles team was nothing if bakkum couldnt perform. Apparently tappen was able to learn from the first game, game plan and keep lamoure in check again.

exactly they won...tappen didnt, which means steele played better. and if it takes a team playing them once to figure out that they go as Bakkum goes then something is wrong. Randall is a good player, but he needed Bakkum last year, i hope he proves me wrong but even this year he will struggle without him the first few games. as for steele getting big heads after that game, i know for a fact thats not true. i talked to most of the guys a few days after the game and they even admitted they got a way with a win there that they shouldnt have.
lightning
NDPreps Starter

Previous

Return to Boys