Region 4

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Region 4

Postby ndlionsfan » Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:03 am

Since we've starting talking about a few other regions (2 mostly and some 5,6,7) let's get region 4 in the mix now. Here's how I see district 7 and 8 shaping up this year.

Dist 8

1. Mwkn/Leeds - lost a lot last year in Darling, Cline, and Schmidt but has some very good underclassmen coming up to fill spots and still has Haagenson back.
2. Langdon - I think they have basically everybody back from last year. Could finish #1, just think M-L beats them in the regular season.
3. Munich/Stark - Had a lot of younger kids getting varsity experience last year and didn't loose much. Has good guard play and a 6'5 post, just don't think they have enough to beat the top 2.
4. St. John - Made a run at the end of the season last year. Lost a couple players, but main scoring threat return. Successful fball season should carry over in bball.
5-8 I don't know much about at all but I think it could go Rolla, Northstar, Adams/Edmore, and Rolette rounding out the district.

Dist 7

1. FW - hate to say it, but they're still top in this district. Won't be nearly as unbeatable as last year in losing Ironheart, but have enough talent to be a very strong team.
2. Warwick - probably a surprise pick, but they have a talented young team that has seen a lot of varsity experience the last couple years. Lost their coach in the offseason, so I don't know how that will play out. Could finish anywhere from 2 to 5 in the district.
3. Carrington - Lost their 2 post players and one guard I believe. Has some good young players that got experience last year, tho.
4. Harvey - Same as Carrington basically. Should have Kukowski and Leier back after injuries last year.
5-9 are pretty evenly matched teams. I think Lakota, New Rockford, and Midkota will be closely bunched based on who they lost and who they have back. Wells Co will be very young and inexperienced and Maddock has a new coach and some experience back, but they just don't know how to win ballgames.

As for the region, I think the power lies in District 8 but its still way too early to make a prediction there. Overall I think this region will be pretty balanced, but lacking the dominant team or teams as it has had in the past.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Re: Region 4

Postby rep » Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:06 am

i was surprised when i saw the hoopster pick carrington to take district 7. i would have thought four winds or warwick, too, because of all the warriors' returning players.

from the way it sounds though, carrington should be a bigger team...don't know if that will help them or hurt them against more full-court teams like four winds or warwick.
rep

Postby ndlionsfan » Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:41 am

I'm still waiting for the chance to see the Hoopster yet. It will be interesting to see the writeups about this region.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby bigtuna21 » Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:42 am

rep wrote:i was surprised when i saw the hoopster pick carrington to take district 7. i would have thought four winds or warwick, too, because of all the warriors' returning players.

from the way it sounds though, carrington should be a bigger team...don't know if that will help them or hurt them against more full-court teams like four winds or warwick.

carrington will be a pretty big team but most of their height will come from underclassmen they only have one senior on their team
bigtuna21

Postby ndsportsfan14 » Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:21 am

Cant wait to see what this season turns out to be!!Its gunna be a good one in this region
ndsportsfan14
NDPreps All-State

Return to Boys