Region 7

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

What team will win region 7

Mott-Regent
21%
Hazen
19%
Dickinson Trinity
21%
Killdeer
18%
Beulah
2%
Bowman County
7%
Heart River
1%
Glen Ulin/Hebron
1%
Beach
3%
Other (specify which)
6%

Total votes : 103

Region 7

Postby project-pat » Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:18 pm

What team will represent region 7 this season in Fargo?

I got Mott-Regent over Hazen in the championship game. Trinity ending up with a 3rd place finish this year, no 8-peat for them.
project-pat

Re: Region 7

Postby KennyG » Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:58 pm

Wow mott-regent over hazen there huh project pat. That is a bold prediction! How did mott-regent do against hazen last year?
KennyG

Postby project-pat » Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:11 pm

last year is last year kenny, It has nothing to do with this year. M/R went deep into the region tournament last year and they lost NOBODY. They are bringing back alot of experience and talent, they can only get better. They understand the team aspect of basketball very well.
project-pat

Postby KennyG » Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:12 am

I just don't know if mott-regent can contain my boys jacob erhardt and brian sorenson
KennyG

Postby ndlionsfan » Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:36 am

I don't care who wins region 7 this year as long as its not Trinity! I have nothing against them and they deserve all the success they have had, I just need to see a new team from that area at the B this year.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby BballFan1307 » Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:53 am

i'm going with austin dufault out of this region
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby thundercat 99 » Sat Nov 03, 2007 10:00 am

I don't think Dufault alone can get past Hazen, Trinity, or Mott
''You play to win the game!''
thundercat 99
NDPreps Starter

Postby gator-nation » Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:02 pm

KennyG wrote:I just don't know if mott-regent can contain my boys jacob erhardt and brian sorenson

more like contain chad marshall
gator-nation

Postby ndlionsfan » Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:27 am

Is Gion a good bball player, too? Will it really hurt MR now that he is out for a while with a broker arm?
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby project-pat » Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:32 pm

Gion is a decent ball player...It will hurt them slightly if he's out but nothing too drastic...still region champs
project-pat

Postby BBall dominator » Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:24 pm

Dickinson Trinty Until someone proves they can be beaten when it counts I'm going w/ them
Hate my selfishness, Hate my lies, Hate my infidelity, Hate the fact that my high-powered attorneys got me off and humiliated my accuser when I was charged with rape. And hate that I'm loved, because I can shoot a ball.
BBall dominator
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby wildguy131 » Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:13 pm

m/r has a great shot at going to state. they had a good team last year, who beat killdeer in the regionals. they loose only one starter from last year, so their chances of going far this year are very good. they have good leadership on the team, and definitely know how to play as a team. theyll definitely be coming out on top in this region this year.
wildguy131
NDPreps Reserve

Postby straightballer » Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:19 pm

thundercat 99 wrote:I don't think Dufault alone can get past Hazen, Trinity, or Mott

I agree he cant get past Mott or Hazen but he can get past Trinity alone. Who is going to guard him. Trinity wont have anyone over 6'1" that is quick enough to guard Dufault. Morrey is their best bet and comin off a broken foot i dont think he can do it. Dufault is amazing. I am going with Hazen to win the title. Not because of sorenson or marshall but because of Erhart. Best PG in the state hands down. He will average almost a triple double again this year and lead his team not only to a region title but a state title. Write that down now as a fact.
straightballer

Postby project-pat » Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:47 pm

straightballer wrote:
thundercat 99 wrote:I don't think Dufault alone can get past Hazen, Trinity, or Mott

I agree he cant get past Mott or Hazen but he can get past Trinity alone. Who is going to guard him. Trinity wont have anyone over 6'1" that is quick enough to guard Dufault. Morrey is their best bet and comin off a broken foot i dont think he can do it. Dufault is amazing. I am going with Hazen to win the title. Not because of sorenson or marshall but because of Erhart. Best PG in the state hands down. He will average almost a triple double again this year and lead his team not only to a region title but a state title. Write that down now as a fact.

haha ok ill write it down so i can remember to laugh at you later
project-pat

Postby thundercat 99 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:11 pm

straightballer wrote:

Do ou really think Dufault can single handedly beat a normally good, sound team like Trinity has had the past few years? He is good, but he cant do everything for his team
thundercat 99
NDPreps Starter

Postby Tu-Big » Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:41 pm

KennyG wrote:I just don't know if mott-regent can contain my boys jacob erhardt and brian sorenson

sorenson is athletic but overrated as a basketball player. Erhardt is the guy teams need to stop in order to beat Hazen, if you just contain Marshall's scoring you have a chance, i heard the big Ellwein kid quit? Anyone know anything about this? He had close to 20 points in the distrcit championship last year...they would be much deeper with him out there.
Tu-Big

Postby Tu-Big » Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:43 pm

project-pat wrote:Gion is a decent ball player...It will hurt them slightly if he's out but nothing too drastic...still region champs

Gion is athletic, but what about Kautzman? He's got casts on both arms, and Laufer was in a cast for a while too, and they still have to get through the state 9 man title game against a bruising team in Napolean. Hopefully they dont suffer anymore injuries.
Tu-Big

Postby scruffy » Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:46 am

Killdeer?? Dufault couldn't do it with Wheeling at his side! He certainly won't do it on his own. Region 7 has too many good teams for that to happen. Trinity, Hazen or Mott/Regent will see to that...
No whiners allowed! The journey is the reward!
scruffy
NDPreps All-State

Postby straightballer » Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:49 am

thundercat 99 wrote:
straightballer wrote:

Do ou really think Dufault can single handedly beat a normally good, sound team like Trinity has had the past few years? He is good, but he cant do everything for his team

How can you say he cant do everything. Trinity might not score 30 points without Morrey. Austin is 6"8", rebounds, plays D, can run the point, blocks shots, sets up teammates, o ya and he shoots the trey better than anyone in the state. Sounds to me like he is unstoppable. If you but a quick guard on him to deny he will just post, and if you but a big guy on him he will take them outside. Trinity doesnt have anyone over 6'1" or so. Austin will have his way with Trinity. Trinity will not make it to regionals this year.
straightballer

Postby straightballer » Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:57 am

People please stop putting trinity's name in here. They arent good at all. The only basketball player they have is Morrey and he is out til after christmas. They will be the 4th seed out of the district behind Hazen, Killdeer and Richarton. I know that killdeer has only Dufault and Wagner but Dufault will carry his team. Trinity will make it to regionals and get killed by mott in the first round.
straightballer

Postby scruffy » Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:23 pm

straightballer, when were the first round pairings announced? I can't seem to find them anywhere... :D
No whiners allowed! The journey is the reward!
scruffy
NDPreps All-State

Postby straightballer » Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:58 pm

scruffy wrote:straightballer, when were the first round pairings announced? I can't seem to find them anywhere... :D

They havent been but that is just my wishful thinking :D
straightballer

Postby thundercat 99 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:08 pm

straightballer wrote:
thundercat 99 wrote:
straightballer wrote:

How can you say he cant do everything. Trinity might not score 30 points without Morrey. Austin is 6"8", rebounds, plays D, can run the point, blocks shots, sets up teammates, o ya and he shoots the trey better than anyone in the state. Sounds to me like he is unstoppable. If you but a quick guard on him to deny he will just post, and if you but a big guy on him he will take them outside. Trinity doesnt have anyone over 6'1" or so. Austin will have his way with Trinity. Trinity will not make it to regionals this year.

Trinity will make it to regionals, and if they dont go to State, it will be because of a good team like Hazen or Mott, not because of Dufault. I agree, he is pretty good, but Morey is not out the whole year, and trinity, who plays team ball, can outplay a one-manned team.
thundercat 99
NDPreps Starter

Postby chevyman11 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:34 pm

region 7 championship game-hazen vs. mott/regent. trinity will make it to regionals, but thats all the further theyre goin this year. its either m/r's turn or hazens turn
Last edited by chevyman11 on Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chevyman11
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby project-pat » Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:07 pm

Mott-Regent also picked up Ace Lockwood this season. the kid is insane and will help this team alot
project-pat

Next

Return to Boys