Big Guys

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Big Guys

Postby rocknagolface69 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:15 pm

Watch for Tyler Cossette from Kindred. He hasn't grown in years but still he's a huge 5' 8". He plays like he's 6' 7". He can run the floor and hit the 30 foot pull up J. He's a THREAT!
rocknagolface69

Postby ndlionsfan » Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:44 pm

Rocknagolface69....I think you have 4-5 just stupid posts on this site today. You either need to grow up and make some knowledgeable posts on these topics or just leave the site so we all don't have to read your nonsense.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby rep » Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:15 pm

rocknagolface69 has been warned
rep

Postby lightning » Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:56 pm

Braden Martin will be the big guy down low for Steele-Dawson. He stands at 6' 2" but his presence is more like a 6' 7" post. He will be underrated i garintee that but has worked on his game all summer. He looks rather skinny but is rather strong for his body build. I would expect him to be a 10 and 10 player....we'll see thou.
lightning
NDPreps Starter

Postby face224 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:37 pm

most exciting guys to watch in region 1 as big guys are jamie mauch-hankinson, levi arnseon-oak grove, and carlbloom-lisbon.
Last edited by face224 on Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
face224

Postby baseball » Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:06 pm

lightning wrote:Braden Martin will be the big guy down low for Steele-Dawson. He stands at 6' 2" but his presence is more like a 6' 7" post. He will be underrated i garintee that but has worked on his game all summer. He looks rather skinny but is rather strong for his body build. I would expect him to be a 10 and 10 player....we'll see thou.

unlike rockandgolface's post this actually has truth to it. Martin is about 6'2"...6'4" if he goes with the mini afro look again...but he has the longest arms i have ever seen and hands the same size as a 7 footer. he also has the ability to hit the 15 foot jumper consistantly and the occasional 3 pointer.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby BB11 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:52 pm

Big guys in Region 6 to watch for:
Austin Vetter -6'4 Minot Ryan - Athletic - great hops - good shooter 3 pt line and in. and good defender - he's the real deal folks.
Riley Decoteau - 6'8 Dunseith - Very good shooter from 15 feet in - nice hook shot. Gets up and down the floor surprisingly well for a guy his size - good shot blocker - but needs to work on stamina.

Anthony Rice - 6'7 DLB - Hasn't proved much yet - but has the raw ability to be an inside out player. Needs to pack on some pounds - probably won't be a world beater this year - but could turn out to be a better overall player than Getzloff by his senior year.
"As God as my witness, I thought Turkeys could fly."
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Postby thundercat 99 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:01 pm

BB11 wrote:Big guys in Region 6 to watch for:
Austin Vetter -6'4 Minot Ryan - Athletic - great hops - good shooter 3 pt line and in. and good defender - he's the real deal folks.
Riley Decoteau - 6'8 Dunseith - Very good shooter from 15 feet in - nice hook shot. Gets up and down the floor surprisingly well for a guy his size - good shot blocker - but needs to work on stamina.

Anthony Rice - 6'7 DLB - Hasn't proved much yet - but has the raw ability to be an inside out player. Needs to pack on some pounds - probably won't be a world beater this year - but could turn out to be a better overall player than Getzloff by his senior year.

I agree Austin Vetter is a very good post, about as good as it gets in ND. Very strong, and rebounds very well
''You play to win the game!''
thundercat 99
NDPreps Starter

Postby Thunder05 » Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:04 pm

Senior Joe Lukens fomerly of Hatton Northwood, now plays for Dakota Prarie, and i think he's 6'6
Thunder05

Postby HeisAlive » Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:23 pm

I know Rice was on the ECI team this past summer so he is getting experience outside of ND. The pounds will help him from getting pushed out of the paint.
Phil 4:13,19
HeisAlive
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ND_Coach » Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:22 am

North Sargent Has Tysen Hansen who is 6'4" and Ryan Drevlow who is 6'5" Both play taller, they are athletic and can jump. Hansen has a decent build, but Drevlow is built solid, he will give Carlblom a run for his money
ND_Coach
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby booyah » Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:28 pm

richland has jay bachman 6'3'' - out last year with torn ACL but started as a freshman, very solid player
jacob erbes 6'3'' - decent build but is quick for his size and has a good jumper, and has some pretty good hops (both bachman and erbes are only juniors)
connor johnson 6'4'' - only a sophmore but is very strong and has good post moves
booyah
NDPreps Starter

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:00 pm

Mike Smith from North Border
Seth Nichols from Dakota Prairie
Anthony Kliniske from Grafton
Mark Wallace from Hatton-Northwood

Those four from region 2 are pretty good this year. Smith is probably the most athletic of the four. Kliniske is the strongest and most experienced. Wallace has the best moves down in the paint. Nichols is probably the most balanced of the four and is good at getting his work done before he gets the ball. He usually is able to catch the ball and be ready to shoot it right away as he gets great position in the paint.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby HS Ballers » Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:24 pm

Big guys in Region 6 to watch for:

I highly doubt that. Sorry.
HS Ballers

Postby the next coming » Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:41 pm

austin dufault is 6'8 this yr but he can play anything forward post or gaurd but he is a very talented player and will take his team far this yr. austin can shoot from anywhere a threat from 3 point range and down low.
the next coming

Postby poweraidman » Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:15 am

There are a few from region 3. Shockman from lamoure, Pavlicek from linton, lindgren and nitschke from kulm, any body know any more from region 3?
poweraidman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby LBC » Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:29 am

poweraidman wrote:There are a few from region 3. Shockman from lamoure, Pavlicek from linton, lindgren and nitschke from kulm, any body know any more from region 3?

I know someone else mentioned hiim, but what about that Schneider kid from Linton? Does he even play? All I know about him is from football, big, tall, athletic?
LBC
NDPreps Reserve

Postby B_Baller » Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:25 pm

I think Midkota gots some height on there team....not sure of the names but ima look in to it :idea:
B_Baller
NDPreps Starter

Postby luckyinlife » Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:32 pm

LBC wrote:
poweraidman wrote:There are a few from region 3. Shockman from lamoure, Pavlicek from linton, lindgren and nitschke from kulm, any body know any more from region 3?

I know someone else mentioned hiim, but what about that Schneider kid from Linton? Does he even play? All I know about him is from football, big, tall, athletic?

Schneider is not overly tall. Maybe 6'2". He was tough on the boards last year and gets a lot of points on offensive rebounds. Whoever guards him needs to be aware of where he is or he will sneak around and get position.
luckyinlife
NDPreps Starter

Postby poweraidman » Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:12 pm

yea kevin isnt really tall, but he is a good player, defence and offence
poweraidman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cutter90 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:36 pm

is there even any big guys from region 4 at all?
cutter90
NDPreps Starter

Postby raiders » Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:01 pm

I heard langdon has that Justin Overby back from what i saw last year he can play inside and up top i am hopin to see them play when they come play us
raiders

Postby UNCfan2010 » Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:06 am

Here is a good look at big guys out of Dist. 5:

Caleb Shockman-6'7" (LaMoure)

Tyler Berg-6'4" (Edgely)

Dillon Carpenter-6'5" (LMM)

Ethan Rode-6'4" (LMM)
UNCfan2010
NDPreps Starter

Postby dunseithdragon06 » Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:53 pm

Dunseith has two good big guys.
Riley decoteau 6'9'' Has a good jumper and hookshot, he needs to get a little more aggresive tho, he had 30ppt 20rebound game against our redeemer last year in the first game of regionals, and he lost 30 pounds from last year.
John Gunville is 6'6'' and has lost a few pounds and worked on his speed this summer
Bishop Ryan has Austin Vetter who is really good, he plays the post position tall her then 6'4'' frame
these are the main guys in region 6, otherwise Austin Dufualt, Rudy Youngbird is about 6'5'' and is pretty good, otherwise i dont know any other big guys
dunseithdragon06
NDPreps Reserve

Postby King OF Kings » Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:41 am

Dunseith has beautiful post this year with Riley D (6ft9) and John G(6ft6)
King OF Kings

PreviousNext

Return to Boys