District 3 picks

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: District 3 picks

Postby prosser5 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:57 am

How did I ever come and talk myself up? maybe you should go and look at my posts, the only thing that I have said is i have grown and im ready for this season! how is that talking myself up? I also said that our team is under rated, which in my opinion, it is. you can say that i talk my team up because i am very confident in how our team will do this year, whether you guys on here like it or not. you will be suprised when the season comes.
prosser5

Postby prosser5 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:03 am

It is almost impossible to write anything on this thing. The second you do everyone is at your throat and takes everything the wrong way.
prosser5

Postby adriana » Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:13 am

prosser5 wrote:Hes no prosser? what your bashing me because i had the balls to actually put my real name on here? yeah that really makes a lot of sense. Im sorry that im not hiding on here behind some fake name like everybody else.

Well technically they arent just making up fake names, they're screen names,...and most people were creative enough to come up with one. I wasnt...haha and apparently you werent either. So if you're going to use your real name and then talk about yourself...you're going to get over the fact that people are going to say that you're talking yourself up.
Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.

-Michael Jordan
adriana
NDPreps Starter

Postby prosser5 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:26 am

Yeah i know but everyone on here takes everything the wrong way. I didnt mean to talk myself up and i really dont think what i said was bragging myself up. But seriously i really dont think im a star or even that good at basketball. The second i said anything about myself on here people were on my case. I was kind of suprised that people take this website that seriously.
prosser5

Postby adriana » Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:30 am

I've seen you play...and you're not too bad haha. But people are usually going to take it the wrong way if you say something about yourself...its just kinda how it works. It's not that they're necessarily taking this site too seriously...they just think you're being cocky haha. Not a big deal

-Michael Jordan
adriana
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndfootball06 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:34 am

prosser5 wrote:Yeah i know but everyone on here takes everything the wrong way. I didnt mean to talk myself up and i really dont think what i said was bragging myself up. But seriously i really dont think im a star or even that good at basketball. The second i said anything about myself on here people were on my case. I was kind of suprised that people take this website that seriously.

If you didn't think you were good at basketball, why would you come on here and call out guys like AK?
ndfootball06
NDPreps Starter

Postby prosser5 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:00 pm

I dint mean to call him out, just was saying that I was ready for him. Grafton is going to be good this year and so will he. But I think we will be ready for them. You guys will be suprised with our team this year. I didnt think we were going to be very good at all when I transfered, but once I got here and played with these guys they were alot better than I thought. Our only problem is we have no experience except in Karl. So I guess who knows whats going to happen this year.
prosser5

Postby prosser5 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:04 pm

Im just not going to say anything on here anymore because everyone gets on my case. I will just observe from now on haha.
prosser5

Postby BballFan1307 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:05 pm

prosser5 wrote:I dint mean to call him out, just was saying that I was ready for him. Grafton is going to be good this year and so will he. But I think we will be ready for them. You guys will be suprised with our team this year. I didnt think we were going to be very good at all when I transfered, but once I got here and played with these guys they were alot better than I thought. Our only problem is we have no experience except in Karl. So I guess who knows whats going to happen this year.

prosser, your biggest challenge this year, will be too make sure you dont get taken out of the game late in the fourth for making a stupid intentional foul, just because you were mad that you were losing. If your losing late in the game against Grafton are you going to shove kliniske into the chairs? thats something i know coach howsen wouldnt like. I'll give you the fact you are a very good athlete, but just try control the temper
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby prosser5 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:11 pm

I didnt intentionally do that by the way. I was just trying to get him off my arm. I gave him a forearm to the shoulder and not very hard trying to brush him off. He TRIPPED over max tangen and went on to the stage. So if you look at the tape you will see exactly what happened. I did not try to hurt him at all.
prosser5

Postby prosser5 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:16 pm

Maybe we should quit talking about me on here and talk about District 3 picks?
prosser5

Postby Tommy Callahan » Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:25 pm

prosser5 wrote:Maybe we should quit talking about me on here and talk about District 3 picks?

Im going to go with DP from this district.
Tommy Callahan

Postby adriana » Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:35 pm

BballFan1307 wrote:
prosser5 wrote:I dint mean to call him out, just was saying that I was ready for him. Grafton is going to be good this year and so will he. But I think we will be ready for them. You guys will be suprised with our team this year. I didnt think we were going to be very good at all when I transfered, but once I got here and played with these guys they were alot better than I thought. Our only problem is we have no experience except in Karl. So I guess who knows whats going to happen this year.

prosser, your biggest challenge this year, will be too make sure you dont get taken out of the game late in the fourth for making a stupid intentional foul, just because you were mad that you were losing. If your losing late in the game against Grafton are you going to shove kliniske into the chairs? thats something i know coach howsen wouldnt like. I'll give you the fact you are a very good athlete, but just try control the temper

Haha come on now...i dont think we need to be completely on this kid's case. This is a basketball forum, and he plays basketball. Whether he intentionally was talking himself up or not, it's not necessary to bring up past seasons or whatever that post was coming from. He is right...this was supposed to be about district 3 picks.

-Michael Jordan
adriana
NDPreps Starter

Postby old fan » Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:32 pm

I think that Larimore may be the sleeper is this district. They are probably a little short on experience but the team will improve as the season progresses. They will have sufficient size to rebound and the team will have excellent guard play. The year should be very interesting.
old fan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby cubsfan » Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:01 am

old fan wrote:I think that Larimore may be the sleeper is this district. They are probably a little short on experience but the team will improve as the season progresses. They will have sufficient size to rebound and the team will have excellent guard play. The year should be very interesting.

One of the people with sufficient size is Jake Ophaug. Another one is a kid named Berger, the other one Prosser. The only one to see quality minutes is Prosser and even he has not played or even started a game on the varsity level. I am not trying to bring Jake down but he was not by any means a quality center last year.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby NDSportsFan » Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:52 am

Maybe, but dedicated high school kids can show a world of improvement in one short year. It's not possible to say who is, and who isn't, gonna make an impact yet. Gotta give a guy a chance the season hasn't even started.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby prosser5 » Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:45 am

Yeah Im not gonna guarantee anything, but we do have a lot of talent and good size. Jake has improved alot from last year because he lost alot of weight and his footwork has gotten better, he is our only true post. Brandon Berger is about 6'4'' and plays outside and inside. But Karl is the only guy with experience so idk whats going to happen.
prosser5

Postby PA42 » Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:28 am

i honestly would not be all that suprised to see GCC be competitive this season. They return Urness, Ott, Coles, and Hoverson all guys who started some games last season. Honestly I could see them giving problems to some of the smaller teams in the district. I could see the cougars going as high as four or five if everything pans out but who knows in this district.
PA42

Postby PA42 » Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:37 pm

well this season the district is wide open and they have more than just one or two guys with varsity expierence.
PA42

Postby adriana » Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:49 pm

scc wrote:
horne98 wrote:i honestly would not be all that suprised to see GCC be competitive this season. They return Urness, Ott, Coles, and Hoverson all guys who started some games last season. Honestly I could see them giving problems to some of the smaller teams in the district. I could see the cougars going as high as four or five if everything pans out but who knows in this district.

I hope you're right. I had a few people get on my case for making similar comments last year.

I'd be surprised...they'll have to take a big jump in the right direction.

-Michael Jordan
adriana
NDPreps Starter

Postby cubsfan » Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:29 pm

horne98 wrote:i honestly would not be all that suprised to see GCC be competitive this season. They return Urness, Ott, Coles, and Hoverson all guys who started some games last season. Honestly I could see them giving problems to some of the smaller teams in the district. I could see the cougars going as high as four or five if everything pans out but who knows in this district.

horne98 I very much doubt that they will be fourth, but fifth they might be. I wish GCC the best this year because no matter how much they were down last season they never stopped fighting. I do think that they will have more wins than last year.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby cubsfan » Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:34 pm

I just looked at their schedule and I would not doubt that they win anywhere from 6-8 games. With that being said, the season has started and you just never know.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby blue steel » Sat Dec 01, 2007 5:21 pm

cubsfan wrote:

horne98 I very much doubt that they will be fourth, but fifth they might be. I wish GCC the best this year because no matter how much they were down last season they never stopped fighting. I do think that they will have more wins than last year.

Well i don't think they'll have less......
blue steel
NDPreps Starter

Postby nc » Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:10 am

Im going to pick DP winning the district and going deep into the regional tourney. I see Hillsboro as the number 2 team in the district.
nc
NDPreps Starter

Postby ddeshields2002 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:49 am

Jake will be a very productive center for larimore. He was doing very well at practice last year and could have been playing varsity more then he did. The only thing about him is that he needs to be smarter. With experience he'll get that. I wouldn't be surprised by years end that he is one of the top centers
ddeshields2002

PreviousNext

Return to Boys