Do the games need to be more exciting?

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby Hinsa » Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:33 pm

I'm wondering what everyone's thoughts are on whether the games need to be more exciting. That might mean faster paced, it might mean reducing physical play to bring finesse back into the game, or maybe you think the games are fine the way they are?

What do you think?
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:37 pm

if your going to do anything with the physical lay of the game they should let them be more physical...take out the touch foul 30 feet away from the hoop
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby basketballer » Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:40 pm

baseball wrote:if your going to do anything with the physical lay of the game they should let them be more physical...take out the touch foul 30 feet away from the hoop

no kidding. i agree.
basketballer

Postby Free Hugs » Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:24 pm

keep it the same, cuz last time i checked, class b basketball games are awesome and exciting anyways
Free Hugs

Postby dukebbfan12 » Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:54 pm

basketballer wrote:
baseball wrote:if your going to do anything with the physical lay of the game they should let them be more physical...take out the touch foul 30 feet away from the hoop

no kidding. i agree.

i agree also
dukebbfan12

Postby Hinsa » Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:40 pm

What about the physical play inside? If they actually called fouls in the lane, eventually the play would clean up and you'd see guys finally be able to drive the lane without getting mugged, and you'd see post players be able to catch, turn, and shoot without getting hip checked away from the basket.

You'd see a lot of guys foul out for a while, but they would adjust and finesse would return to the game. Scoring would go up, then no need for a shot clock.
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby Gtowngamers » Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:05 pm

I dont have a problem witht he inside play... I wanna see a shot clock. Regular season games aren't bad but when it comes to tournament time a twelve point lead might send a team into stall mode the entire second half. This kills the game in my mind and its nothin the players do either the coaches play so much not to lose than to win most of the fun is taken out.
Offense wins games, defense wins championships...
Gtowngamers
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Hinsa » Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:12 pm

If the team that is behind wants the ball back, let 'em come out and play aggressive defense. If the offense is truly stalling, the defense can gamble like crazy and they won't get burned because the offense isn't looking at the basket.
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:17 pm

Hinsa wrote:If the team that is behind wants the ball back, let 'em come out and play aggressive defense. If the offense is truly stalling, the defense can gamble like crazy and they won't get burned because the offense isn't looking at the basket.

even if you are stalling your going to take the open layup if the defense gambles and gets burnt.  if you can expand your lead your going to...
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Hinsa » Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:38 pm

OK, in that case the offense isn't stalling, they are spreading the court, making the defense chase, and looking for layups. That's just smart basketball, not stalling.
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:38 pm

Hinsa wrote:OK, in that case the offense isn't stalling, they are spreading the court, making the defense chase, and looking for layups. That's just smart basketball, not stalling.

exaclty....its smart to take the easy uncontested layup the defense gives you.  the only time you dont take that layup is when your up 20 with 30 seconds left and u just run out the clock instead of score more...
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby cutter90 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:16 pm

basketballer wrote:

no kidding. i agree.

it should be more physical becuz one of the best parts to watch of a basketball game are to big 225 pound centers fighting for position under the hoop.. or a really good guard playin right up in ur face defense
cutter90
NDPreps Starter

Return to Boys