Top Teams In Region 3

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Top Teams In Region 3

Postby basketballer » Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:04 am

poweraidman wrote:
basketballer wrote:
poweraidman wrote:i got a ? about the linton, napolean game. I know linton doesnt bring their starters to every game, they never do to tappen and they didnt against lamoure last year when lamoure killed them in the regular season, so was this the case this time? did they bring all their starters?

Linton didn't bring all their starters to LaMoure?

not last year they didnt when they played lamoure at lamoure, carr is known to do that if he wants a different seeding in a tourny, get the teams hopes up, not worth playing varsity players....ect....

What tourney is at the end of the season? District.
District points is what decides you seed in the tournament.
Is LaMoure in Linton's district? No.
basketballer

Postby baseball » Sun Dec 23, 2007 1:23 pm

Linton had all of their starters. im jsut curious as to hear who wasnt at the LaMoure game last year??
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby baller01 » Sun Dec 23, 2007 1:37 pm

basketballer wrote:
poweraidman wrote:
basketballer wrote:
poweraidman wrote:i got a ? about the linton, napolean game. I know linton doesnt bring their starters to every game, they never do to tappen and they didnt against lamoure last year when lamoure killed them in the regular season, so was this the case this time? did they bring all their starters?

Linton didn't bring all their starters to LaMoure?

not last year they didnt when they played lamoure at lamoure, carr is known to do that if he wants a different seeding in a tourny, get the teams hopes up, not worth playing varsity players....ect....

Well i am pretty sure Linton had everybody. Purintun was there. Schneider was. Weber was. Praus was. Bosch was. Pavlicek was. Idk maybe they were missing their 7th man but that would be the highest. Who was your source of this info.?

Every Linton starter was at the game last year. Sometimes Carr has his JV play against a weaker team so he can schedule a tougher game. Example: Linton JV playing HMB last year so the Varsity could play Beulah. Linton's loss last year to LaMoure in the regular season was the same team that beat them in the regional semis. Same starters and same bench players. Maybe you are thinking a couple years ago Kyle Carr was sick when Linton played LaMoure in LaMoure and Carr didn't play. Because he was sick. Then they played LaMoure during regionals with Carr and beat them. It wasn't because Coach Carr didn't play him, it was because he was sick.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby poweraidman » Sun Dec 23, 2007 5:17 pm

idk who i heard it from but i heard it from a lot of different people unless it was some excuse that lamoure won by so much last year but i have heard of him doing it from a lot of people.
poweraidman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndsportsfan14 » Mon Dec 24, 2007 4:25 pm

How will LaMoure do on the 29th as they host Carrington in LaMoure?? Will be good game or close, blow out what your guys thoughts can Carringtons young squad keep up with a big experienced LaMoure team!
ndsportsfan14
NDPreps All-State

Postby bballuvr » Mon Dec 24, 2007 11:10 pm

Coach Monson has seen LaMoure 3 of 4 games. He is a very good coach. He will have the Cardinals ready for an upset I think. He can bill it to his young team as a no pressure game. He could portray the game to his team that some would say the experienced and pretty good LoBoe team "should" win on their home floor. I think his talented young team will be ready for the upset.
LaMoure will need to be ready to play a solid game to avoid the upset. LaMoure is playing decent, but I think has some nice upside even with the veterans. They have Carrington and a pretty decent North Sargent team coming up in January. LaMoure must take the proverbial "one game at a time" approach.
bballuvr
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby poweraidman » Tue Dec 25, 2007 1:15 am

i pick lamoure by 10 or 15 i can see it being close the first quarter maybe even into the 2nd but lamoure will take over and win it
poweraidman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndsportsfan14 » Tue Dec 25, 2007 1:35 am

I will definitely be down there i think it should be a good one i bet place is just wild!!
ndsportsfan14
NDPreps All-State

Postby basketballer » Tue Dec 25, 2007 2:51 pm

ndsportsfan14 wrote:How will LaMoure do on the 29th as they host Carrington in LaMoure?? Will be good game or close, blow out what your guys thoughts can Carringtons young squad keep up with a big experienced LaMoure team!

My prediction is that this game will be close and won't be decided until the last two minutes. But i wouldn't be surprised if it is a blowout in LaMoure's favor. The reason? I am sure LaMoure has A LOT of revenge on their minds. They got embarrassed in Carrington last year. As bballuvr said though Munson is a Great coach, he also has been at LaMoures last 3 games, and will have a very good but young squad ready to upset the very good and experienced Loboes.
basketballer

Postby luckyinlife » Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:13 am

ndsportsfan14 wrote:I will definitely be down there i think it should be a good one i bet place is just wild!!

C squad game starts at 2:00 for anyone interested.
luckyinlife
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndsportsfan14 » Wed Dec 26, 2007 12:39 pm

luckyinlife wrote:
ndsportsfan14 wrote:I will definitely be down there i think it should be a good one i bet place is just wild!!

Ill be there for the B Game i hear Carrington has a pretty good sophomore & freshman b squad by what time does that start 330??
ndsportsfan14
NDPreps All-State

Postby basketballer » Wed Dec 26, 2007 12:40 pm

ndsportsfan14 wrote:
luckyinlife wrote:

Ill be there for the B Game i hear Carrington has a pretty good sophomore & freshman b squad by what time does that start 330??

About..idk...i would guess 15-20 min. after the c squad game so ya probably 3:30 would be my guess too.
basketballer

Postby ndsportsfan14 » Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:27 pm

basketballer wrote:
ndsportsfan14 wrote:
luckyinlife wrote:

About..idk...i would guess 15-20 min. after the c squad game so ya probably 3:30 would be my guess too.

Anyone else going to be at this game??
ndsportsfan14
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndcoach297 » Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:56 am

ndsportsfan14 wrote:
basketballer wrote:
ndsportsfan14 wrote:
luckyinlife wrote:

Anyone else going to be at this game??

I will be attending that game should be a good one!
ndcoach297

Postby cardinal-alum » Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:52 pm

I'll be at the LaMoure vs Carrington game to watch Caleb Shockman rip it up!
cardinal-alum

Postby ndsportsfan14 » Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:56 pm

cardinal-alum wrote:I'll be at the LaMoure vs Carrington game to watch Caleb Shockman rip it up!

LaMoure's big game almost here I'm looking forward to it!!
I think Carrington has a chance if they slow Shockman down..
ndsportsfan14
NDPreps All-State

Postby cutter90 » Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:21 pm

carrington did not slow shockman down i think he probably had 10 fastbreak points form just beating carrington up the floor
cutter90
NDPreps Starter

Postby poweraidman » Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:35 pm

well Lamoure plays Kulm on saturday, could this decide whose number 1 and number 2 in the district and who wins and by how much? Just want your thoughts, no bashing any team
poweraidman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby sportsguy2 » Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:48 pm

LaMoure by alot
sportsguy2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby basketballer » Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:24 pm

poweraidman wrote:well Lamoure plays Kulm on saturday, could this decide whose number 1 and number 2 in the district and who wins and by how much? Just want your thoughts, no bashing any team

Are you still going to go with Kulm in this game? (your pre season picks)
I will go with LaMoure by a lot also.
basketballer

Postby bballuvr » Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:40 pm

Who is playing most of the minutes for Kulm?

I remember Lindgren, Toay, Anderson, and Knutson. Do the other big guys play many minutes?
I spose it will take the Gophers a few games to flow with the system of Coach Strobel.
bballuvr
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby taveg » Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:20 pm

nitschke (not sure of spelling) is the other starter. he is about 6'7"

im going to have to agree and say lamoure will win big in this one. lindgren may be able to slow down shockman just a little but not enough i dont think. i think holen and watkins will have a big game.
taveg
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baseball » Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:22 pm

taveg wrote:nitschke (not sure of spelling) is the other starter. he is about 6'7"

im going to have to agree and say lamoure will win big in this one. lindgren may be able to slow down shockman just a little but not enough i dont think. i think holen and watkins will have a big game.

i dont see how Lindgren can slow down Shockman at all in this game unless he has made a HUGE improvment. so far this year it seems as though Shockman has been able to do what he wants when he wants...
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby sportsguy2 » Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:13 pm

baseball wrote:
taveg wrote:nitschke (not sure of spelling) is the other starter. he is about 6'7"

i dont see how Lindgren can slow down Shockman at all in this game unless he has made a HUGE improvment. so far this year it seems as though Shockman has been able to do what he wants when he wants...

yeah shockman is going to have his way with anybody kulm puts on him...he'll go for 20+ again and LaMoure will win by 20+
sportsguy2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby poweraidman » Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:35 pm

im thinking its gonna be a close game either way, Lingren will do a good job slowing him down, he held schokman to like 10 last year and scored 25 on him last year, Lindgren is a very strong player and will make schockman work for his points, I think schockman is just to skinny and weak to handle Lindgren, The gophers are going to have to worry about watkins and holen before they worry about shockman. I dont pick kulm to lose by more than 10 if they do lose.
poweraidman
NDPreps All-Conference

PreviousNext

Return to Boys