Top Teams In Region 3

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Top Teams In Region 3

Postby poweraidman » Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:46 pm

i can see linton making it pretty far, they usually have a solid team thanks to their coach, they dont have the most talented team, but they didnt last year either. they usually shine during the tournys so it will be interesting to see how they turn out. I see lamoure playing for the 3rd and 4th place again in the region tourny, and im not sure if they will quite win the district or not, it will be a tough one. but i can see who ever wins outa that district will probly be the team winning regions, that district seems a little stronger than lintons district. Its gonna be a tossup the whole year. anything could happen
poweraidman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball » Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:26 am

poweraidman wrote:i can see linton making it pretty far, they usually have a solid team thanks to their coach, they dont have the most talented team, but they didnt last year either. they usually shine during the tournys so it will be interesting to see how they turn out. I see lamoure playing for the 3rd and 4th place again in the region tourny, and im not sure if they will quite win the district or not, it will be a tough one. but i can see who ever wins outa that district will probly be the team winning regions, that district seems a little stronger than lintons district. Its gonna be a tossup the whole year. anything could happen

what? other them LaMoure last year who had a more talented team then Linton? Purintin, Bosch, Weber, Praus, Scnieder....
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby hoopsstar2391 » Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:58 pm

baseball wrote:
poweraidman wrote:i can see linton making it pretty far, they usually have a solid team thanks to their coach, they dont have the most talented team, but they didnt last year either. they usually shine during the tournys so it will be interesting to see how they turn out. I see lamoure playing for the 3rd and 4th place again in the region tourny, and im not sure if they will quite win the district or not, it will be a tough one. but i can see who ever wins outa that district will probly be the team winning regions, that district seems a little stronger than lintons district. Its gonna be a tossup the whole year. anything could happen

what? other them LaMoure last year who had a more talented team then Linton? Purintin, Bosch, Weber, Praus, Scnieder....

I thought Linton was pretty strong last year. Everyone of their starters had talent, and everyone of them would hit a shot when needed, especially Puritun.
hoopsstar2391
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby B_Baller » Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:39 pm

Yeah....I do agree Linton will make it pretty far.....that I can't say.....but will BCN coem out on top (I mean in Talk) since they made it to state :?: :?:
B_Baller
NDPreps Starter

Postby basketballer » Sat Dec 08, 2007 4:48 pm

poweraidman wrote:heres what i think

1.Kulm 1.Linton
2.LaMoure 2.Strausberg
3.PBK 3.Steele
4.Lmm 4.South Border
5.Edgeley 5.Napolean
6.BCN 6.HMB
7.Tappen
8.Ellendale

Edgeley could make it higher than 5 they do have a new coach and only lost 1 player.
Linton lost alot but is good anyways, strausberg could take the number one spot tho.
Steele has a good chance to with randall returning. I didnt put in Central prarie but they will be on the lower end probly the 7th spot. The reason i put kulm on top of Lamoure is that sure lamoure has 4 good players, holen shockman watkins and schrader but they dont have a 5th man or really any bench players. Kulm loses knudson and elhard but have 6 or 7 players to compete with lamoure plus a new coach. This might not not mean much but i remember that their B squad 2 and 3 years ago was basicly this same team and they did extreamly well. Tappen loses barnick. ellendale loses everyone so tappen should beat them. Napolean lost their best player but might have a chance at the number 4 maybe even 3 spot.
If south border can work as a team i think they should be able to upset some teams. Pbk is returning simonson and a few others they should be another team that could upset a lot of teams. BCN has Bartlett and hienze but nothing else those 2 cant carry a team sure they will win games but against a good team they dont have a chance.

Do you still have kulm one in the district? I know it was the first game but it was also south border's so you can't have that excuse. Or do you have South Border higher than a Steele team who clobbered a respectable Tappen team, a Strausberg team that beat a good Wilton team, or Linton who beat one of the favorites in the very tough Region 7 (with their best player scoring only 8points)? I mean I dont think District 5 is soo bad compared to 6.
basketballer

Postby Philnerius21 » Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:50 pm

Yeah tappen lost by 20 somein, they led by 3 with about 2 min to go in the 2nd and randall sank two threes in two posessions. The second half really showed that tappen was missng man power with two kids out due to ineligibility. Steele really laid it on when some of the starters got into foul trouble and had to sit. The subs couldnt break the press and tappen was never able to overcome the defecit.
Philnerius21

Postby poweraidman » Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:34 am

I dont know where i would rate south border, they are being really suprising, the top spot could be either linton, south border or steele its a huge tossup like i said south border could be anywhere from the 1 to 4 spot. Well kulm had i think about 28 turnovers in their first game and about 22 turnovers in the second game from what i heard so maybe if they learn to controll the ball they might do better, its the beggining of the season who knows whats gonna happen, look at last year, steele won a lot of their games right away and didnt do much come district and region time they did ok but from how they started they shoulda done better. We will just have to wait a few more games.....oh btw who is all gonna be playing in the linton tourny over x mas vacation????
poweraidman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball » Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:06 am

Philnerius21 wrote:Yeah tappen lost by 20 somein, they led by 3 with about 2 min to go in the 2nd and randall sank two threes in two posessions. The second half really showed that tappen was missng man power with two kids out due to ineligibility. Steele really laid it on when some of the starters got into foul trouble and had to sit. The subs couldnt break the press and tappen was never able to overcome the defecit.

was it true that Randall scored all his points in basically 3 quarters? from what i was told he only shot once or twice in the 4th quarter and all he did was pass...
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:07 am

poweraidman wrote:I dont know where i would rate south border, they are being really suprising, the top spot could be either linton, south border or steele its a huge tossup like i said south border could be anywhere from the 1 to 4 spot. Well kulm had i think about 28 turnovers in their first game and about 22 turnovers in the second game from what i heard so maybe if they learn to controll the ball they might do better, its the beggining of the season who knows whats gonna happen, look at last year, steele won a lot of their games right away and didnt do much come district and region time they did ok but from how they started they shoulda done better. We will just have to wait a few more games.....oh btw who is all gonna be playing in the linton tourny over x mas vacation????

i dont think its much of a tossup for the #1 spot in district 6 with Linton winning it, but 2-4 or 2-5 could be with South Border, Steele, Strasburg, and ya never know what youll get with Napoleon
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Philnerius21 » Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:00 am

baseball wrote:
Philnerius21 wrote:Yeah tappen lost by 20 somein, they led by 3 with about 2 min to go in the 2nd and randall sank two threes in two posessions. The second half really showed that tappen was missng man power with two kids out due to ineligibility. Steele really laid it on when some of the starters got into foul trouble and had to sit. The subs couldnt break the press and tappen was never able to overcome the defecit.

was it true that Randall scored all his points in basically 3 quarters? from what i was told he only shot once or twice in the 4th quarter and all he did was pass...

Yeah he didnt do alot of shooting the 4th quarter. He had a lot of lay-ups through the third cuz of the press. He also didnt play a whole lot of the fourth either though. If i remember right he had 20 somein already in the first half. He had plenty of oppurtunities to hit the open jumper the second half but passed it up.
Philnerius21

Postby UNCfan2010 » Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:29 pm

Here's my TOP 10 for region 3

1. Lamoure
2. Linton
3. Strausburg
4. LMM
5. Kulm
6. BCN
7. Steele
8. South Border
9. Central Prarie
10. PBK
UNCfan2010
NDPreps Starter

Postby classb_fan00 » Sat Dec 15, 2007 5:47 pm

How's Kulm doing so far this year?
I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me.
Larry Bird
classb_fan00
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby poweraidman » Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:31 am

they are currently 1-1 they lost to south border, in kulm, and beat central prarie in gackle
poweraidman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ICU » Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:17 pm

poweraidman wrote:they are currently 1-1 they lost to south border, in kulm, and beat central prarie in gackle

I pick Lamoure over linton Region Championship game.. Let's watch and see how it turns out.
ICU

Postby poweraidman » Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:58 am

where do you guys see hmb being?, they beat edgeley by about 20, but kulm beat hmb at hmb by 30, i heard they were supposed to be decent but idk
poweraidman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bballfan_05 » Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:19 am

[quote="poweraidman"]where do you guys see hmb being?, they beat edgeley by about 20, but kulm beat hmb at hmb by 30, i heard they were supposed to be decent but idk[/quote

Right now, I'd have to say in the 5th or 6th spot in District 6, as I'm not sure between them and Napoleon right now.
bballfan_05
NDPreps All-State

Postby ICU » Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:29 pm

bballfan_05 wrote:
poweraidman wrote:where do you guys see hmb being?, they beat edgeley by about 20, but kulm beat hmb at hmb by 30, i heard they were supposed to be decent but idk[/quote

Right now, I'd have to say in the 5th or 6th spot in District 6, as I'm not sure between them and Napoleon right now.

They way it looks, I am guessing 5th or 6th in the district also.
ICU

Postby Dr.Love » Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:15 pm

it's a no brainer picking Lamoure,Linton and Strasburg,but the young teams like pbk,bcn and lmm either of them could suprise come dist and reg time.What makes class b fun is the new players every year.Who might be the next sizer-bakem-wagel-bosh-brandenburg
Dr.Love
NDPreps Reserve

Postby basketballer » Fri Dec 21, 2007 6:16 pm

Dr.Love wrote:it's a no brainer picking Lamoure,Linton and Strasburg,but the young teams like pbk,bcn and lmm either of them could suprise come dist and reg time.What makes class b fun is the new players every year.Who might be the next sizer-bakem-wagel-bosh-brandenburg

I wonder if more than one team from district 5 will make it out of the first round of regions. Linton beat a favorite in region 7(mott) handily and barely beat napoleon who many people think are 3rd-5th best team in the district. I know there is lot of season left and teams will surprise, seperate themselves from the rest, or go down the drain, but from so far i would say only 1 district 5 team makes it out of the first round of regions. I also wonder how LaMoure will develop... the best teams on thheir schedule they play(ed) right away(Lisbon, Hazen, and Carrington) They really don't have great competion in district 5 though but i do know i could get proved wrong by a district 5 team or two.
basketballer

Postby poweraidman » Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:30 am

i got a ? about the linton, napolean game. I know linton doesnt bring their starters to every game, they never do to tappen and they didnt against lamoure last year when lamoure killed them in the regular season, so was this the case this time? did they bring all their starters?
poweraidman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby poweraidman » Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:35 am

UNCfan2010 wrote:Here's my TOP 10 for region 3

1. Lamoure
2. Linton
3. Strausburg
4. LMM
5. Kulm
6. BCN
7. Steele
8. South Border
9. Central Prarie
10. PBK

why do you rate lmm over kulm, steele and south border. They will beat bcn, c/p, and probly pbk but i wouldnt put them any better then the 6th spot
poweraidman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby basketballer » Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:39 am

poweraidman wrote:i got a ? about the linton, napolean game. I know linton doesnt bring their starters to every game, they never do to tappen and they didnt against lamoure last year when lamoure killed them in the regular season, so was this the case this time? did they bring all their starters?

Linton didn't bring all their starters to LaMoure?
basketballer

Postby poweraidman » Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:46 am

basketballer wrote:
poweraidman wrote:i got a ? about the linton, napolean game. I know linton doesnt bring their starters to every game, they never do to tappen and they didnt against lamoure last year when lamoure killed them in the regular season, so was this the case this time? did they bring all their starters?

not last year they didnt when they played lamoure at lamoure, carr is known to do that if he wants a different seeding in a tourny, get the teams hopes up, not worth playing varsity players....ect....
poweraidman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby basketballer » Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:48 am

poweraidman wrote:
basketballer wrote:

not last year they didnt when they played lamoure at lamoure, carr is known to do that if he wants a different seeding in a tourny, get the teams hopes up, not worth playing varsity players....ect....

Well i am pretty sure Linton had everybody. Purintun was there. Schneider was. Weber was. Praus was. Bosch was. Pavlicek was. Idk maybe they were missing their 7th man but that would be the highest. Who was your source of this info.?
basketballer

Postby basketballer » Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:58 am

LaMoure "killed" Linton's starters in the regular season and then got beat by Linton when it counted. I don't know who started this rumor but it is kind of a messed up one.
basketballer

PreviousNext

Return to Boys