Top Teams In Region 3

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Top Teams In Region 3

Postby baseball » Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:43 pm

are we thinking about the same Lindgren?? tall, long blond hair with the headband?? from what i remember he was pretty skinny too so i dont know he is that much stronger then Shockman
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby poweraidman » Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:17 pm

baseball wrote:are we thinking about the same Lindgren?? tall, long blond hair with the headband?? from what i remember he was pretty skinny too so i dont know he is that much stronger then Shockman

Yup thats him, ok 1st of all kulm has 2 guards that weigh as much as schockman and are only like 6ft tall, 2nd Shockman only weighs like 170, in a football roster i saw it said Lindgren weighed 210 so i think hes a little bigger, I went to one of the E/K football games when they played napolean cause i heard it was going to be a good game, and lindgren played linebacker, you cant be weak if you play that position, am i right?? Plus i read in the jamestown sun that he got all region and like all conference or something, so like i said kulm shouldnt worry about schockman its holen and watkins that are gonna be tough for them.
poweraidman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby hoopsstar2391 » Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:09 pm

Why are we talking about Kulm and LaMoure???? It's not even gonna be close, have you seen LaMoure play this year. How many times have we heard that somebody can slow Shockman down???? Carlblom couldnt even slow him down, so how is Lindgren going to when an all-stater can't. LaMoure wins in a big blowout.
hoopsstar2391
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby poweraidman » Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:12 pm

hoopsstar2391 wrote:Why are we talking about Kulm and LaMoure???? It's not even gonna be close, have you seen LaMoure play this year. How many times have we heard that somebody can slow Shockman down???? Carlblom couldnt even slow him down, so how is Lindgren going to when an all-stater can't. LaMoure wins in a big blowout.

ok we will see, ill find out and post how many points shockman scores and how much lamoure "wins" by
poweraidman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby hoopsstar2391 » Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:36 pm

Ok you do that.
hoopsstar2391
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bballuvr » Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:34 pm

You guys are funny.

It might be interesting. Kulm can put a couple big guys on the floor and take up some space. Haven't seen Nitschke to know much about him. If he is 6'6" or close, he can certainly be a presence in some manner. Lindgren is a nice player and is capable of playing on both ends of the floor. Kulm has some quickness in Knutson, Toay and Anderson. Not sure who they go to after that.
I'm sure Coach Strobel will have some ideas and plans for Saturday. Kulm is certainly capable of creating some things for LaMoure to prepare for.
I will say if Kulm isn't ready to get up and down the floor with LaMoure, it could be a long night for them. If Kulm does shut Shockman down to 10 or so, which nobody has done yet, there are four other guys to guard; Holen, Watkins, Schrader and Stemen. These 4 can all score outside anytime, and a couple of them get to the basket well too.
Should be a fun Dist. 5 game.
bballuvr
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball » Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:36 pm

where is the game at?? if in LaMoure, LaMoure +20. if in Kulm, LaMoure still wins but closer
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby cubsfan » Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:02 pm

It is in Lamoure according to the NDHSAA website.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ICU » Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:09 pm

bballuvr wrote:You guys are funny.

It might be interesting. Kulm can put a couple big guys on the floor and take up some space. Haven't seen Nitschke to know much about him. If he is 6'6" or close, he can certainly be a presence in some manner. Lindgren is a nice player and is capable of playing on both ends of the floor. Kulm has some quickness in Knutson, Toay and Anderson. Not sure who they go to after that.
I'm sure Coach Strobel will have some ideas and plans for Saturday. Kulm is certainly capable of creating some things for LaMoure to prepare for.
I will say if Kulm isn't ready to get up and down the floor with LaMoure, it could be a long night for them. If Kulm does shut Shockman down to 10 or so, which nobody has done yet, there are four other guys to guard; Holen, Watkins, Schrader and Stemen. These 4 can all score outside anytime, and a couple of them get to the basket well too.

LaMoure over 10 points.
ICU

Postby poweraidman » Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:15 pm

bballuvr wrote:You guys are funny.

you make a good point, yea nitschke is 6'7 not that strong of a player but an ok player he's still developing from what i heard. like i said kulm has to worry about holen, and watkins. from what ive seen knutson is a very quick player and plays good defence, anderson and toay are also a good defenders, the only other quicker person that they have is Batsch, he's an above average defender, but hustles well and crashes the boards hard, controlls the ball and doesnt turn it over. He is a solid 6th player to give the other three a brake. Their 7th man elhard is learning the game and developing into a good player, he works hard and he impressed me on his rebounding ability, and watching in the linton tourny Kulm likes to run the floor as well, and got back on D when linton and south border tried pushing it on them so i dont see it being a problem for kulm when lamoure pushes it down, should be an excellent game. I expect both teams to come ready to play. I hope i can make it.
poweraidman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby basketballer » Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:53 pm

poweraidman wrote:im thinking its gonna be a close game either way, Lingren will do a good job slowing him down, he held schokman to like 10 last year and scored 25 on him last year, Lindgren is a very strong player and will make schockman work for his points, I think schockman is just to skinny and weak to handle Lindgren, The gophers are going to have to worry about watkins and holen before they worry about shockman. I dont pick kulm to lose by more than 10 if they do lose.

Shockman is way better then the player he was last year. He took the whole off season to make his game better. AAU, going to the gym, lifting, etc. He found his weaknesses of last year and really improved on them. And just so you remember last year the game was in Kulm and it was his first game without Arndt who always took the other teams big guy and that year in general wasn't the one he was looking for at all... and Lindgren is not much stronger than Shockman, Shockman might even be stronger on the Basketball court. He won the Carlblom-Shockman matchup, He won his matchup against another guy who is a good football player from what i have heard and that is 6'6 from Hazen (Sorenson), won the matchup with Barton, a Sophmore who is 6'4-6'5 and has been coming into his own, and the same type of player as Lindren in Carpenter from L-M-M. Who knows what could happen though maybe Lindgren will slow him, but that wouldn't be something i betted on.
basketballer

Postby jumpshot22 » Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:56 pm

Lamoure wins no contest for them! My guess will be...
Lamoure 74
Kulm 40
jumpshot22

Postby luckyinlife » Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:49 am

hoopsstar2391 wrote:Why are we talking about Kulm and LaMoure???? It's not even gonna be close, have you seen LaMoure play this year. How many times have we heard that somebody can slow Shockman down???? Carlblom couldnt even slow him down, so how is Lindgren going to when an all-stater can't. LaMoure wins in a big blowout.

Hoopstar, you were right on the money. Shockman had 3 dunks and 21 points.
luckyinlife
NDPreps Starter

Postby poweraidman » Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:16 pm

luckyinlife wrote:

actually if you watched the game shockman had 4 dunks, 3 on wide open fast breaks and one nice one thru the gophers zone, i dont think shockman scored(maybe he scored 2) when they played man and lindgren was on him, all his points were from fast breaks or when gophers were in zone and lindgren wasnt on him. if you watched closesly you could easily see lindgren was stronger by far pushing shockman wereever he wanted to go. Lindgren scored over shockman almost every time he touched the ball on the block,(which idk why but he never got it enough) Lamoure's key to sucsess in this game was they beat kulm down the court and watkins hit a lot of wide open shots when kulm was in a zone. Kulm cut the lead to 12 or 11 in the 3rd but towards the end of the fourth they seemed to get nervous and lamoure took advatage. You could clearly see that lamoure has more varsity exp. on the floor. You guys were right that lamoure would win, but it wasnt a huge blowout, for the number 2 rated team in state vs. number 4th rated team in district, it wasnt to bad, i expect it to be closer the next time these two play. Look at 2 years ago, PBK smoked lamoure the first time by 25 in stutsmans and every game from there on lamoure got closer until almost beating them in the region championship.
poweraidman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby basketballer » Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:51 pm

poweraidman wrote:
luckyinlife wrote:

actually if you watched the game shockman had 4 dunks, 3 on wide open fast breaks and one nice one thru the gophers zone, i dont think shockman scored(maybe he scored 2) when they played man and lindgren was on him, all his points were from fast breaks or when gophers were in zone and lindgren wasnt on him. if you watched closesly you could easily see lindgren was stronger by far pushing shockman wereever he wanted to go. Lindgren scored over shockman almost every time he touched the ball on the block,(which idk why but he never got it enough) Lamoure's key to sucsess in this game was they beat kulm down the court and watkins hit a lot of wide open shots when kulm was in a zone. Kulm cut the lead to 12 or 11 in the 3rd but towards the end of the fourth they seemed to get nervous and lamoure took advatage. You could clearly see that lamoure has more varsity exp. on the floor. You guys were right that lamoure would win, but it wasnt a huge blowout, for the number 2 rated team in state vs. number 4th rated team in district, it wasnt to bad, i expect it to be closer the next time these two play. Look at 2 years ago, PBK smoked lamoure the first time by 25 in stutsmans and every game from there on lamoure got closer until almost beating them in the region championship.

You have got to be kidding me. Shockman pushed him around and beat him up the floor also. And it shows with the stat that Shockman outrebounded Lindgren 11-3. And exactly Lindgren should have got the ball more he probably only missed one shot the whole game, but Shockman denied the ball very well and the guards also helped by adding pressure to the passers. I think that Anderson didn't have his greatest game, but neither did Schrader of LaMoure and Holen. It seemed to me like Lindgren took plays off quite a bit, i could be wrong, but it just appeared to be that way. I was impressed with Kulm, but Knudson and Lindgren need a little more help from Nitshke, Elhard, and Anderson if they want to give LaMoure a run for their money come districts and regions.
basketballer

Postby poweraidman » Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:02 am

shockman didnt move lindgren, dont get me wrong shockman is a great player but he is by no means strong, he needs to put on about 20 to 25 pounds. my guess is he weighs 170. thats not very much for being 6 7
poweraidman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby CHS » Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:23 am

I seen Strasburg beat Linton and also Steele beat Linton last weekened.
CHS

Postby baseball » Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:54 am

CHS wrote:I seen Strasburg beat Linton and also Steele beat Linton last weekened.

Linton has been playing without Schnieder the last 3 games and are 0-3 lossing by a total of around 10 points combined in those 3 games. i have to believe if he played they go 3-0 instead of 0-3 during that stretch.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby hoopsfan23 » Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:18 pm

basketballer wrote:
poweraidman wrote:
luckyinlife wrote:

You have got to be kidding me. Shockman pushed him around and beat him up the floor also. And it shows with the stat that Shockman outrebounded Lindgren 11-3. And exactly Lindgren should have got the ball more he probably only missed one shot the whole game, but Shockman denied the ball very well and the guards also helped by adding pressure to the passers. I think that Anderson didn't have his greatest game, but neither did Schrader of LaMoure and Holen. It seemed to me like Lindgren took plays off quite a bit, i could be wrong, but it just appeared to be that way. I was impressed with Kulm, but Knudson and Lindgren need a little more help from Nitshke, Elhard, and Anderson if they want to give LaMoure a run for their money come districts and regions.

Poweraidman he actually had 2 dunks on fastbreaks and another one he almost dunked but just didn't grab the rim. Then he had the one coming down the lane. I agree that Lindgren should get the ball more but in the games that I've seen this year he has had success when he wants the ball. I mean sometimes he takes plays off. When he gives his all, he is extremely talented and a force.
hoopsfan23

Postby poweraidman » Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:10 pm

hoopsfan23 wrote:
basketballer wrote:
poweraidman wrote:
luckyinlife wrote:

Poweraidman he actually had 2 dunks on fastbreaks and another one he almost dunked but just didn't grab the rim. Then he had the one coming down the lane. I agree that Lindgren should get the ball more but in the games that I've seen this year he has had success when he wants the ball. I mean sometimes he takes plays off. When he gives his all, he is extremely talented and a force.

yes he needs to want the ball more too, but sometimes i think he gives up when the guards dont see him. But thanks for agreeing with me that he's a talented player. Oh yea, are you sure he only had 2 dunks on fast breaks? i thought it was 3 or maybe cause he just had 3 dunks. idk haha
poweraidman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby rainbow » Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:07 am

i would say that kulm is somewhat overrated..i didnt see them play basketball yesterday..they didnt really get anything going and i saw there sixth man throw a temper tantrum and get T'd up
rainbow

Postby poweraidman » Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:55 am

rainbow wrote:i would say that kulm is somewhat overrated..i didnt see them play basketball yesterday..they didnt really get anything going and i saw there sixth man throw a temper tantrum and get T'd up

did you watch the friday and saturday games?, they played like a completely different team. Haha yea their 6th man Batsch did slam the ball down, but its not like he's the first person to ever get a technical, yes it was a dumb mistake, but it didnt seem to affect him the rest of the tourny. and why does that make them overrated? just becuase he got a technical? But why do you think they are overrated, everyone picked them to get 7th or 8th in the tourny, and they pick them to lose their games. If people were saying that they were gonna win the tourny and beat some of the teams they lost to then you could say they were overrated.
poweraidman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bballuvr » Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:45 am

Not "everyone" said they were going to get 7th or 8th. Actually, you would have found very few people that would have ever said that.
Kulm looked good on Fri and Sat. They have a nice group. The improvement of Nitschke is evident. They have the ability to run the floor pretty well. They are still getting used to a new coaching style.
They have the ability to be a factor in the region 3 tourney.
bballuvr
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby poweraidman » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:31 pm

So any region matchups this week or weekend? I think Kulm plays Steele on saturday. any other ones?
poweraidman
NDPreps All-Conference

Previous

Return to Boys