how each team is gonna do in each region this year

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby sportsmarketing20 » Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:08 pm

how do you think that each team is gonna end up in each region this year??  who's gonna come out on top?
sportsmarketing20
NDPreps Starter

Postby Free Hugs » Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:25 pm

LAMOURE is all i can say
Free Hugs

Postby madden2010 » Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:33 pm

I agree with the LaMoure being the favorite team out of region 3.  However, there is a few teams who could possibly create an upset and beat them out.  Some teams are Linton, LMM and Strausberg.  Linton has had a great program for the last how many years.  They're a very aggressive team and have a few good junior leaders.  LMM did upset LaMoure last year in an early season game, and almost beat them again later on.  They lost a good group of seniors last year but had depth and should be returing a lot of players with alot more improving and coming up.  I don't much about strausberg, but i've heard that they're a solid team and should have a good upcoming season.
madden2010
NDPreps Rookie

Postby ndlionsfan » Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:23 am

Region 4 will be up for grabs between Langdon and Mwkn-Leeds with Munich-Starkweather and Four Winds possibly contending as well.  A couple sleeper teams could be St John and Carrington
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby BballFan1307 » Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:25 am

Region 1 top teams will be- Casselton, Oak Grove, Hankinson and Lisbon

sleepers could be FSHP, Richland....know any others?

BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby EagleFan#5 » Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:22 am

Region 2... district 4 will be lead by grafton and north border. No doubts about it. Kilinske is going to put the Spoilers on his back and try to carry them to a title
EagleFan#5

Postby heartstopper » Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:15 pm

BballFan1307 wrote:Region 1 top teams will be- Casselton, Oak Grove, Hankinson and Lisbon

sleepers could be FSHP, Richland....know any others?

Who does OG have coming back besides Sampson?
heartstopper

Postby BballFan1307 » Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:01 pm

i think they have that arneson and michael vandevort, but i dont know who else..but think about it who thought that they'd be in the region championship this last year? it seems like they always put a solid team together, plus carnal is one of the top coaches in the state
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Claz B Fan » Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:31 am

Anyone else?
Claz B Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby BballFan1307 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:53 am

Brady Kays... i think they return every body except for andrew smith and Hvidston
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby heartstopper » Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:47 pm

i dont expect Oak Grove to be that good, but they always come out firing and have a good team
heartstopper

Postby Claz B Fan » Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:45 pm

Last year being an example coming out of basically nowhere at regionals
Claz B Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball1981 » Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:48 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:Region 4 will be up for grabs between Langdon and Mwkn-Leeds with Munich-Starkweather and Four Winds possibly contending as well.  A couple sleeper teams could be St John and Carrington
i think maybe warwick and harvey will compete a little bit...look at how they both did last year...harvey was a pretty good contender and warwick was young....
baseball1981

Postby Nodak Guy » Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:37 am

Warwick might have experience, but they lost the man who was going to put it all together....Justin Klein (went to DL).  They won't make it out of the District Tournament. IMO
Nodak Guy
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndlionsfan » Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:26 am

baseball1981 wrote:
ndlionsfan wrote:Region 4 will be up for grabs between Langdon and Mwkn-Leeds with Munich-Starkweather and Four Winds possibly contending as well.  A couple sleeper teams could be St John and Carrington
i think maybe warwick and harvey will compete a little bit...look at how they both did last year...harvey was a pretty good contender and warwick was young....

Yes, Warwick has some good young talent.  Losing their head coach will hurt, tho.  It all depends on how the kids adjust to the new coach.  They could surprise some teams.  I don't expect much from Harvey this year.  They put together a good season last year, but were senior dominated and lost a lot of key players. 
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball1981 » Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:05 am

yeah, but their coach is really good and from what he did last year, making a 5 win team a 19 win team, i think they will be a good team this year, nothing that is spectacular but a decent team i think
baseball1981

Postby Luke_J32 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:34 pm

region 2 is either Grafton North Border or Dakota Prairie I think DP and Grafton have better balance than North Border with more scoring options, but personally i think DP IS GOING TO STATE IN 08
Luke_J32

Postby R3fan » Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:59 pm

Luke_J32 wrote:region 2 is either Grafton North Border or Dakota Prairie I think DP and Grafton have better balance than North Border with more scoring options, but personally i think DP IS GOING TO STATE IN 08

Just because your joe lukens and will play for them!
R3fan

Postby Claz B Fan » Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:00 pm

Haha Way to obvious of a name
Claz B Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby luckyinlife » Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:30 am

Nothing wrong with supporting your team.  It will be nice to have someone on the inside of the DP team this year to provide the scoop on what's going on.  Lots of people think DP will be a contender this year with the new players.

It could be just the opposite.  Many times it takes more than a year to develop a team chemistry.  What end's up happening is individual play instead of team play.  Not many coaches can deal with that in the course of 3 months.  Not many parents can either.  They all want their kid to be the "star."  Then the players have to decide whether they should listen to their parents instructions at home or their coaches instructions on the court.

Good luck DP.  I think you are in for a heck of a roller coaster ride.  Contender in the region?  Not til you prove you can play together.
Last edited by luckyinlife on Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
luckyinlife
NDPreps Starter

Postby pakkyzoo » Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:50 pm

luckyinlife wrote:Nothing wrong with supporting your team.  It will be nice to have someone on the inside of the DP team this year to provide the scoop on what's going on.  Lots of people think DP will be a contender this year with the new players.

It could be just the opposite.  Many times it takes more than a year to develop a team chemistry.  What end's up happening is individual play instead of team play.  Not many coaches can deal with that in the course of 3 months.  Not many parents can either.  They all want their kid to be the "star."  Then the players have to decide whether they should listen to their parents instructions at home or their coaches instructions on the court.

Good luck DP.  I think you are in for a heck of a roller coaster ride.  Contender in the region?  Not til you prove you can play together.

I personally think that DP would have been a contender with or with out Kueber.  The had a good nucleus of players coming back including 3 out of 5 starters.  The top scorer in the District in Nichols.  A returning all district point gaurd ing Severson.  Also their 2 gaurd in Frederick who averaged 8 ppg.   They also have some other players that seen some minutes.  They also have to sophmores that got tons of playing time as freshmen. Personally I think Tyler Luehring and Kyle Lamb would start for most teams next year as sophmores. 

The addition of Kueber and Lukens helps obviously.  I think the biggest thing it solidifies a bench and depth.  Severson at the 1, Frederick at the 2, Kueber at the 3 or 4,  Nichols at the 5 and the 5th spot at either 3 or 4 is up for grabs.  Having a fight for that spot makes team competition and makes the other players work harder.  If Lukens don't start, he can give a breathe to one of the 4 or 5 spots.  Luehring can play 2, 3, or 4 spots.  Lamb can play the 3 or 4.  If a couple seniors step up they will have a deep deep bench. 

But like you say, its all about how they play together.  It seems like Kueber really likes it at DP, so I would say the chemistry should be there.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby BballFan1307 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:56 am

i agree....i think nicholls will be able to keep them in some games....obviously they are going to be better with kueber....but i think they wouldve been a contender without him...just because of nichols and severson....who both are very high calibur players
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Re:

Postby psycho » Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:54 am

BballFan1307 wrote:i agree....i think nicholls will be able to keep them in some games....obviously they are going to be better with kueber....but i think they wouldve been a contender without him...just because of nichols and severson....who both are very high calibur players

DP will be very good this year but their biggest loss was Curt Herman their coach. He was one of the best coaches in the state for many years and will be tough to replace.
psycho
NDPreps Starter

Re: how each team is gonna do in each region this year

Postby project-pat » Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:53 pm

Region 7

1. Mott Regent
2. Hazen
3. Trinity
4. Bowman County

My 3 and 4 can go either way....another team that will be close to the top 4 is killdeer depending on how hard Dufault's teammates want to work to help him out.
project-pat

Re: how each team is gonna do in each region this year

Postby thundercat 99 » Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:00 pm

I agree with your 4, Bowman will suprise a lot of people this year. People forget about them being aa contender because of Hazen and Mott
''You play to win the game!''
thundercat 99
NDPreps Starter

Next

Return to Boys