Top ten

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Top ten

Postby mags » Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:00 pm

so on the first page someone writes.. Watford is overrated cuz they lost in summer league. k no one tries in summer league. i repeat no one tries in summer league half the kids are prolly 3 sport athletes who havent picked up a ball in months cuz summer is a ways away from basketball
mags
NDPreps Starter

Postby chip44 » Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:04 am

People should watch out for Park River this year...they are on the same level as grafton and are a better team than North Border.
chip44
NDPreps Reserve

Postby unanimous » Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:06 pm

Earlier some guys were posting about dunseith and how they might do....well words going around that they have two new players that are really going to help out the team. Them two Allery boys are here from Minnesota, and they aren't that bad....I've seem 'em play in fives at bottineau college.
unanimous

Postby baller01 » Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:43 pm

mags wrote:so on the first page someone writes.. Watford is overrated cuz they lost in summer league. k no one tries in summer league. i repeat no one tries in summer league half the kids are prolly 3 sport athletes who havent picked up a ball in months cuz summer is a ways away from basketball

I disagree with that completely. The teams that don't want to get better are the teams that don't try. There are a handful of teams out there that go to summer league and treat it like regular season games because they want to get better. I will agree that some kids have barely picked up a ball because of other sports and all but as far as no one trying, I don't believe that.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball » Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:43 pm

baller01 wrote:
mags wrote:so on the first page someone writes.. Watford is overrated cuz they lost in summer league. k no one tries in summer league. i repeat no one tries in summer league half the kids are prolly 3 sport athletes who havent picked up a ball in months cuz summer is a ways away from basketball

I disagree with that completely. The teams that don't want to get better are the teams that don't try. There are a handful of teams out there that go to summer league and treat it like regular season games because they want to get better. I will agree that some kids have barely picked up a ball because of other sports and all but as far as no one trying, I don't believe that.

i agree with baller on this one...theres a difference between not caring and not trying. i will agree that a majority of the kids dont care becuase theres no records or anything, but they do try...
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby BBall dominator » Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:44 pm

baseball wrote:
baller01 wrote:

i agree with baller on this one...theres a difference between not caring and not trying. i will agree that a majority of the kids dont care becuase theres no records or anything, but they do try...

Yea but not caring will lead to take shots make passes and play a defense a cetain way you wouldn't in a game...The only thing I really see summer league good for(besides putting some minutes in on the court) is getting used to playing w/ players who are either moving up the varsity level or tranferred and getting used to not playing w/ a star that graduated or transferred....But rating teams on the upcoming on how they do in summer league is somewhat ridiculous I was in a summer league where we beat minot and BHS and Dickinson but to say those teams would be average in class B and we would've been amazing is ridiculous....People do play hard but most times don't take it to serious I was at one a couple of years ago when linton brought players who had graduated no on cared really because it was summer league.
Hate my selfishness, Hate my lies, Hate my infidelity, Hate the fact that my high-powered attorneys got me off and humiliated my accuser when I was charged with rape. And hate that I'm loved, because I can shoot a ball.
BBall dominator
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby DCFAN#55 » Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:14 pm

where do you guys thing North Border will be at, they are returning 2 very solid starting juniors from last year(which will be seinors this year) Tanner Carpenter and Dustyn Chale.... they also have a very good post player, Mike Smith..... I think they could turn out to be a good ball club this season
DCFAN#55
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Indians Alumni » Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:35 am

Another awesome year of basketball!

I believe FW will make it Thrice for State Tournament apprearences. They have lost a great player in IronHeart, but I think FW will be just as strong as last year.
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball » Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:43 pm

BBall dominator wrote:
baseball wrote:
baller01 wrote:

Yea but not caring will lead to take shots make passes and play a defense a cetain way you wouldn't in a game...The only thing I really see summer league good for(besides putting some minutes in on the court) is getting used to playing w/ players who are either moving up the varsity level or tranferred and getting used to not playing w/ a star that graduated or transferred....But rating teams on the upcoming on how they do in summer league is somewhat ridiculous I was in a summer league where we beat minot and BHS and Dickinson but to say those teams would be average in class B and we would've been amazing is ridiculous....People do play hard but most times don't take it to serious I was at one a couple of years ago when linton brought players who had graduated no on cared really because it was summer league.

haha yea i remember when linton did that...I was on the team that had to play them. i think it was safe to say they didnt touch a ball since their senior season ended
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby cubsfan » Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:44 pm

chip44 wrote:People should watch out for Park River this year...they are on the same level as Grafton and are a better team than North Border.

They are the third best team up there IMO. They will have to learn to play together and will have to play disciplined, something that will not happen.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby chip44 » Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:48 pm

cubsfan wrote:
chip44 wrote:People should watch out for Park River this year...they are on the same level as Grafton and are a better team than North Border.

They are the third best team up there IMO. They will have to learn to play together and will have to play disciplined, something that will not happen.

The group of kids at PR right now have been playing together since they where in sixth grade. They have played on the same traveling team every summer since then. The only kid that hasn't played with them is the new kid from Minnesota. Justin Mozinski, Max Otto, Jay Jelinek, Ben Hylden, and Ryan Anderson have all played together and work very well together.... They will play a full-court game and press throughout the whole game... They are either 1st or 2nd in the district, and are in the top 3 in the region it will be between PR, Grafton, and DP to go to state......
chip44
NDPreps Reserve

Postby PA42 » Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:22 am

cubsfan wrote:

Cubsfan, there is no way you can say that a team will not learn to play disicplined.
PA42

Postby ndfootball06 » Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:47 am

chip44 wrote:
cubsfan wrote:

The group of kids at PR right now have been playing together since they where in sixth grade. They have played on the same traveling team every summer since then. The only kid that hasn't played with them is the new kid from Minnesota. Justin Mozinski, Max Otto, Jay Jelinek, Ben Hylden, and Ryan Anderson have all played together and work very well together.... They will play a full-court game and press throughout the whole game... They are either 1st or 2nd in the district, and are in the top 3 in the region it will be between PR, Grafton, and DP to go to state......

Park River has little or no inside game. I see them finishing third because there's not much after. Chale, Carpenter, and Smith are all better than any one of Park River's starters.
ndfootball06
NDPreps Starter

Postby chip44 » Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:15 pm

ndfootball06 wrote:
chip44 wrote:
cubsfan wrote:

Park River has little or no inside game. I see them finishing third because there's not much after. Chale, Carpenter, and Smith are all better than any one of Park River's starters.

No way Mozinski is better than all of them IMO, last year for M&M he was the second leading scorer in 2 out of the 3 games they played, he had one bad game against them. The only player you can compare to Mozinski is Carpenter who is also another good guard in district 4 but other than that Chale and Smith are not even close. Dustin Chale plays out of control however he is still a good ball player I would put him and Max Otto as probably the same. Mike Smith is an alright player Jay Jelinek and him are the about even ... Mike Smith post moves are nothing speical, his shot that you have to take away is the baseline jumper and make him try beat you with his post game which is not gonna happen...... There inside game offensively you are right is weak but they will make up for it with the style of ball they will play which will be a fastbreak and full-court game. They will drive alot and dish, its not like are district has outstanding shot blockers the only legit shot blocker is Anthony from grafton.
chip44
NDPreps Reserve

Postby toughregion2 » Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:18 am

chip44 wrote:People should watch out for Park River this year...they are on the same level as grafton and are a better team than North Border.

This is one of the craziest comments i have heard yet. What has PR proven. Can they play in the big game. You say that Max Otto is on the same level as some of the other guards in the district i have a hard time believing that. Last year Max had a hard time in the district and regional tourney. I maybe mistaken but you talk highly about Mozinski. Very very good player but i could be wrong im thinking he only had 2 points in the regional championship against North Border they pretty much made him a non factor.
toughregion2

Postby ndfootball06 » Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:33 pm

chip44 wrote:
ndfootball06 wrote:
chip44 wrote:
cubsfan wrote:

No way Mozinski is better than all of them IMO, last year for M&M he was the second leading scorer in 2 out of the 3 games they played, he had one bad game against them. The only player you can compare to Mozinski is Carpenter who is also another good guard in district 4 but other than that Chale and Smith are not even close. Dustin Chale plays out of control however he is still a good ball player I would put him and Max Otto as probably the same. Mike Smith is an alright player Jay Jelinek and him are the about even ... Mike Smith post moves are nothing speical, his shot that you have to take away is the baseline jumper and make him try beat you with his post game which is not gonna happen...... There inside game offensively you are right is weak but they will make up for it with the style of ball they will play which will be a fastbreak and full-court game. They will drive alot and dish, its not like are district has outstanding shot blockers the only legit shot blocker is Anthony from grafton.

mike smith is far better than jay jelinek. i didn't even know you could compare the two, thats how much better smith is. smith would be the best post player on any team in the district except maybe grafton, and jelinek wouldn't even start for north border or grafton.
ndfootball06
NDPreps Starter

Postby mags » Sun Nov 04, 2007 4:35 pm

BBall dominator wrote:
baseball wrote:
baller01 wrote:

also most teams arent playing with all their key players in team camps either
mags
NDPreps Starter

Re:

Postby rocknagolface69 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:19 pm

K-P-22 wrote:Dunseith

Parshall

FW

Bishop

New town

Leeds

Hazen

DLB

Kenmare

St.John

Where is Enderlin in all of this? This is nonsense! They should be top three in the state for sure! They already have their rooms booked in fargo for the state tourney. I'm just tellin ya all to watch for them!
rocknagolface69

Re: Re:

Postby littlepony » Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:21 pm

rocknagolface69 wrote:
K-P-22 wrote:Dunseith

Parshall

FW

Bishop

New town

Leeds

Hazen

DLB

Kenmare

St.John

Where is Enderlin in all of this? This is nonsense! They should be top three in the state for sure! They already have their rooms booked in fargo for the state tourney. I'm just tellin ya all to watch for them!
maybe to watch, not to play.
littlepony

Postby dunseithdragon06 » Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:55 pm

Dunseith

Killdeer

Parshall

Bishop Ryan

Mott-Regent

Hankinson

Enderlin

Four Winds

Standing Rock

Shiloh Christian
dunseithdragon06
NDPreps Reserve

Postby littlepony » Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:26 pm

Dunseith

Killdeer

Parshall

Bishop Ryan

Mott-Regent

Hankinson

ENDERLIN

Four Winds

Standing Rock

Shiloh Christian

Whoever puts enderlin in the top ten is dumb. They are garbage they have maybe two decent players, but they dont even compare to the rest of the region. They are not better than hankinson, lisbon, Oak Grove, and any other school in the region. They might win a few games this year but still they wont even be in the top half of their district. If they make it to regions it will be a miracale.
littlepony

Postby luckyinlife » Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:48 pm

So littlepony, why don't you tell us how you really feel about Enderlin? :lol:

You gotta luv a guy who is passionate about his opinion.
luckyinlife
NDPreps Starter

Re:

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:57 am

Region 2 fan wrote:
G wrote:
Region 2 fan wrote:
meatball wrote:Larimore, come on they will be alright but not close to the top ten. If i had to pick a team from district 3 i wouldnt pick larimore to take it. I personally would go with Dakota Prairie. Larimore does have some talent coming back but DP I think has a lot more talent

Larimore and Dakota Prairie are no way worthy of being in the top ten talk. Grafton, yes. Larimore will be good just because of the potential factor. They finally have all the pieces. The return of 2 starters in Trosen and K. Hager and then the incoming Prosser. Prosser is the real deal. Standing at about 6'3'' but hops. He is physical enough to duke it out in the post and can play the 2 spot if need be. They have veteran Jim Howson at the helm and I think he's liking the looks of this years team. Dakota Prairie will be interesting...They have a new coaching staff and the returning district scoring champ. But they also have Kueber from Northwood who loves to shoot the ball plenty too. If you ask me i think those two will conflict about shot attempts. If they put it together though, they will be scary. Grafton we dont even need to start...the letters 'A K' say enough standing 6'7''.

AK from grafton is gonna dominate this year...the only kid i can see matching up with him from their region is mike smith from north border but he needs to get a little more physical to match up with him in the post

I think you need to take a look at the other district in region 2...your obviously from district 4...Smith hasn't even started a game yet and last year played the perimeter for the most part. Prosser, Nichols, and Kueber could all hold their own with Kilinskie too. I think Mike Smith could as well but he does need to get a lot more physical

Mike didn't start last year because North Border had Mike Mathison at 6'10 and paul meyer who was a returning all conference player. When we played grafton when Mike would guard AK he more then held his own on him, even blocked a few of his shots when they would match up one on one. I do think there are more people out there that can guard AK because theres plenty of other size. I don't know if I would put Kueber on him for DP however, Nichols would match up with him much better. Haven't seen Prosser play but from what I hear he obviously thinks he can guard him which is good to be confident. I'm sure Mark Wallace would be able to guard him as well. If somehow Grafton met up with May Port again this year he matched up with Dan Baldwin that might not work out so well for MPCG. Unless he's improved a lot on defense from last year, he'll get eaten alive.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby cubsfan » Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:21 am

dunseithdragon06 wrote:Dunseith

Killdeer

Parshall

Bishop Ryan

Mott-Regent

Hankinson

Enderlin

Four Winds

Standing Rock

Shiloh Christian

How can you put a team that has a loss this early in the year at number one? Sure they beat a very good team in Bishop Ryan but they still don't deserve to be number one. I think Lamoure should be number one, they beat Lisbon and North Sargeant, or else you could put Linton up higher than Dunseith and especially higher than Mott-Regent since they have already beaten them.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby power-aid14 » Sat Dec 15, 2007 12:04 pm

dunseithdragon06 wrote:Dunseith

Killdeer

Parshall

Bishop Ryan

Mott-Regent

Hankinson

Enderlin

Four Winds

Standing Rock

Shiloh Christian

Hey dragon boy. i hope you get that number one ranking and realize that its nothing more than a number. you beat your region foe by 6 points at the DrAgOnDoMe. Don't look into it too much, rankings don't mean anything, its who wins when the games matter the most. good luck dragons and nice touch on the 50 cent pregame music....very cool.
flippin idiot
power-aid14
NDPreps All-Conference

PreviousNext

Return to Boys