Top ten

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby prosser5 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:18 am

The starting line up will most likely be Jake Ophaug (6'5") at the 5, me (6'4'') at the 4, Brandon Berger (6'3'') at the 3, Andrew Berge (6'1'') at the 2, and Cole Delorme (5'10'') and we will have anthony denault, ryan benson, and nate heider on the bench that will contribute quite a bit.  Karl will be back after christmas and we are going to have a pretty good team when he gets back.

Jake has gotten alot of coordination back since he stopped growing and has a good, physical post game.

Cole Delorme has amazed me, his game has improved so much since last year it is crazy, he is just as good as karl in my opinion.

Andrew Berge is a great spot up shooter and plays good defense and rebounds well.

Brandon Berger is all around a good ball player, but he needs to get more aggressive.
prosser5

Postby NDSportsFan » Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:35 am

Lets turn the topic to discussion about others please.

I'd rather not have to close topics but this is getting personnal.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndlionsfan » Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:36 am

I was thinking the same thing, Sioux.  I've coached with Howson and know what he expects from his players and I'm sure if he sees that Prosser5 post talking about himself and critiqueing his teammates he will not be very impressed.  I'm sure you can bet on someone else starting at the 4 spot for quite a while!
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby cubsfan » Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:53 pm

prosser5 wrote:The starting line up will most likely be Jake Ophaug (6'5") at the 5, me (6'4'') at the 4, Brandon Berger (6'3'') at the 3, Andrew Berge (6'1'') at the 2, and Cole Delorme (5'10'') and we will have anthony denault, ryan benson, and nate heider on the bench that will contribute quite a bit.  Karl will be back after christmas and we are going to have a pretty good team when he gets back.

Jake has gotten alot of coordination back since he stopped growing and has a good, physical post game.

Cole Delorme has amazed me, his game has improved so much since last year it is crazy, he is just as good as karl in my opinion.

Andrew Berge is a great spot up shooter and plays good defense and rebounds well.

Brandon Berger is all around a good ball player, but he needs to get more aggressive.
You talk like you will be a top ten team, but your team is relatively inexperienced.  You are saying a bunch of kids that are not very good.  I am just curious on why Broc Trosen wouldn't start?
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby BBall dominator » Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:17 pm

Sorry prosser but you have just become the worst poster on this site and thats hard to do w/ fbinnd and the FW fans...I'm guessing any coach w/ class isn't going to like what your doing bad mouthing a coach in the privacy of your own home or venting to friends is one thing but calling him and other players out is ridiculous and its not even like your an all-state calibar player maybe you could be if you quit whining.  all in all your basically a crybaby who needs to get over himself...good luck next year
Hate my selfishness, Hate my lies, Hate my infidelity, Hate the fact that my high-powered attorneys got me off and humiliated my accuser when I was charged with rape. And hate that I'm loved, because I can shoot a ball.
BBall dominator
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby automatic99 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:49 pm

Prosser, Does Coach Howson know that you have named the starting 5?  It's nice to see you are sooo impressed with yourself and your teammates.  I especially like the idea you have about Delorme being as good as Karl.  If that's the case, that makes you 3rd best on your own team.......not quite the all-state caliber player you think you are.  Unless of course, Cole and Karl are all-state players as well.  Have a great season, can't wait to ask coach Howson what he thinks about the lineup you've come up with for him.
Last edited by automatic99 on Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
automatic99
NDPreps Starter

Postby pakkyzoo » Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:56 pm

cubsfan wrote:
prosser5 wrote:The starting line up will most likely be Jake Ophaug (6'5") at the 5, me (6'4'') at the 4, Brandon Berger (6'3'') at the 3, Andrew Berge (6'1'') at the 2, and Cole Delorme (5'10'') and we will have anthony denault, ryan benson, and nate heider on the bench that will contribute quite a bit.  Karl will be back after christmas and we are going to have a pretty good team when he gets back.

You talk like you will be a top ten team, but your team is relatively inexperienced.  You are saying a bunch of kids that are not very good.  I am just curious on why Broc Trosen wouldn't start?

I was wondering the same thing..... Why wouldnt Broc Trosen be starting??  He is pretty tall 6'2"?? Hes athletic. 

Also I dont know if you can call out names when the other two have already proved themselves at the varsity level.  Summer leagues and team camps don't mean anything.  AK and Kueber proved themselves worthy of honors last year during the season.  I am not saying your not proven, but I havent heard from you yet.  Good Luck next year!!!
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby cubsfan » Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:28 pm

To help get back on topic, how does everyone think about North Border?  They return their leading scorer and a heckuva ballplayer in Tanner Carpenter, Dustin Chale who is a very good player along with Mike Smith.  I think they aren't a top ten team out of the gate but might be one near the end of the season.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby prosser5 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:06 pm

Broc Trosen has been telling everyone that he isn't going to play this year so thats why I didnt mention him in the lineup.  And for your info I was just guessing at who is going to be starting this year so you could prolly chill.
prosser5

Postby automatic99 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:10 pm

cubsfan wrote:To help get back on topic, how does everyone think about North Border?  They return their leading scorer and a heckuva ballplayer in Tanner Carpenter, Dustin Chale who is a very good player along with Mike Smith.  I think they aren't a top ten team out of the gate but might be one near the end of the season.

I agree.  North Border should have a very nice team this year.  I also heard Park River had another kid move in that should contribute.  I believe he is from Norman County, not sure on that though. 
automatic99
NDPreps Starter

Postby Region 2 fan » Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:24 pm

These two teams I think will be the huge sleepers in Region 2.  When everyone thinks of Region 2 they think Grafton right away.  North Border has had a good team year in and year out and will again this year.  If Carpenter can play basketball half as good as he's doin in football this year watch out, the kids an athlete.  And about Park River, graduated Justin Moe but took in Justin Mozinski from Midway-Minto and maybe this new Minnesota kid.  Watch for these 2 teams to make some noise come December
Region 2 fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball » Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:10 pm

Region 2 fan wrote:These two teams I think will be the huge sleepers in Region 2.  When everyone thinks of Region 2 they think Grafton right away.  North Border has had a good team year in and year out and will again this year.  If Carpenter can play basketball half as good as he's doin in football this year watch out, the kids an athlete.  And about Park River, graduated Justin Moe but took in Justin Mozinski from Midway-Minto and maybe this new Minnesota kid.  Watch for these 2 teams to make some noise come December

did u mean come december or come tourney time.  cuz come december the season is only like 2 games old??
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby lightsout » Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:23 pm

[user=1043]cubsfan[/user] wrote:
[user=2583]prosser5[/user] wrote:
Hey Joe, just wanted to say that I appreciate what you said, and to everyone else who doesnt believe him i just wanted to say that Konshak screwed me over so bad last year I couldnt take wasting my senior year playing for that guy....I worked hard in the off season and worked hard in practice and he still didnt play me because he didnt like me.... so I made a choice and now ive grown about 2 inches and got my verticle up to 32 inches and Im ready to take on anybody in our conference, including gus kueber and ak, but anyways that doesnt matter just wanted to say thanks for supporting my choice in leaving, good luck in ball this year
I just wanted to say congratulations on growing 2 inches and having a 32 inch vertical.  But in all reality I do agree that you should have started over Rogers.  But I am not from Hatton or Northwood and do not know your situation about why you did not start, but I did hear that you took a cheap shot a Dillon Ostrom and that might have been the reason you did not start.  I might just be guessing and it might have just been a mistake you made.  But you really do not need to come on here and brag yourself up.  Show it on the court.  Just out of curiosity, is Karl Hager going to be able play at all this year?  If he isn't that will be a big blow to your team.

I heard Hager was going to get surgery so he's good for football next year? Any truth to this? I saw him run in track last year and he was pretty fast. Qualified in the 100 i think as a soph.  Hopefully he comes back just as fast because he was an all district pick last year and will be fun to watch. district 3 will be very competitive and it would be a shame if 1 of the best players in the district couldnt go.
lightsout

Postby Mr. Utility » Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:39 am

BB11 wrote:[user=579]baseball4life[/user] wrote:
Mr. Utility wrote:
Claz B Fan wrote:
Mr. Utility wrote:
BBall dominator wrote:
Mr. Utility wrote:come on now..those team are not going to be contenders...maybe in the future but there just getting there feet wet..i was being serious..warwick if anybody seen them have some really good players..this will be the schools first year in a while with a basketball team..they are fast like fourwinds..Dunseith has some BIG talent back and could dominate anybody at anytime..shiloh christian is always good the school gets good basketball players from other area towns city...do i even have to say anything about 4winds..they they are always good..just blow teams out by running them to death those kids never stop running at all during games!!..Who ever thought st.john football at this point would be 8-0 with a first round bye for the playoffs..im telling you they got a good class this year, so i think they will carry that right into basketball season..standing rock is always good just like 4-winds run and gun!! these are some supporting point on my teams i have said would be contenders..now when u say sawyer and max PROVE IT!!

warick won't be good....FW's lost their best player probably ever and there not always good they won't struggle but they won't be what they were the past few years....dunseith lost their best player their big guys aren't that special just big...shiloh christian is going to be solid but the only player on their team who transferred did when he was in 7th grade...football isn't basketball if it was velva would've been amazing...standing will be good but region 5 has been a little weak so that region is really a toss up but the top ten your referring is actually ver good

warick only lost to fort totten last year by like 12 points even when they had there "best player ever"..and they won the oak's tournament @devils lake this past spring..who thought fort totten would be as good as they were last year #1 in state going in to the state playoffs, after looseing littlewind, lovejoy; two really good players..riley decouteau avg. 14 points 10rebs�pre game last season(senior�athlete of the year)�and john gunville avg. around 10 pts..hunt�got hurt last season and sat out about 6 games and dunseith went 5-1 with out him, they�played good teams like�velva, rugby, bottineau..like u said good talent transfers to shiloh (rising sun) few years�ago..�st.john was really competeive last year, they made it to the district championship, in the regular season fort totten had to make a come from behind win against st.john in the 4th quarter lead by returning starter�perisen..� i agree with region 5 being weak, but i think standingrock is the best team, and if they make it to state they will be a top team..the best team dont always go..i know barns county was not the best outa there region last year, and minot wasnt the best outa there region last year either

Minot Ryan was the best team out of there region and will be again this year

hahahhaha not way, kenmare, was better and so was dunseith, and i�woulda bet on velva� beating them,�if velva never blew it in districts

Dude are you on Crack?�� and which of these teams are you on kenmare, dunseith, or velva?

Also Riley Decoteau wasn't Senior athlete of the year for Region 6 - he was only a junior.
Michael Cooper from Westhope-Newburg and Shane Heidel from Kenmare were co senior athletes of the year last year.

Riley decoteau is going to be senior athlete of the year for region 6 in the 2008 season..i think he has a really good chance unless they cheat him outa it..
Mr. Utility

Postby baseball4life » Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:49 am

Mr. Utility wrote:
BB11 wrote:[user=579]baseball4life[/user] wrote:
Mr. Utility wrote:
Claz B Fan wrote:
Mr. Utility wrote:
BBall dominator wrote:
Mr. Utility wrote:come on now..those team are not going to be contenders...maybe in the future but there just getting there feet wet..i was being serious..warwick if anybody seen them have some really good players..this will be the schools first year in a while with a basketball team..they are fast like fourwinds..Dunseith has some BIG talent back and could dominate anybody at anytime..shiloh christian is always good the school gets good basketball players from other area towns city...do i even have to say anything about 4winds..they they are always good..just blow teams out by running them to death those kids never stop running at all during games!!..Who ever thought st.john football at this point would be 8-0 with a first round bye for the playoffs..im telling you they got a good class this year, so i think they will carry that right into basketball season..standing rock is always good just like 4-winds run and gun!! these are some supporting point on my teams i have said would be contenders..now when u say sawyer and max PROVE IT!!

warick won't be good....FW's lost their best player probably ever and there not always good they won't struggle but they won't be what they were the past few years....dunseith lost their best player their big guys aren't that special just big...shiloh christian is going to be solid but the only player on their team who transferred did when he was in 7th grade...football isn't basketball if it was velva would've been amazing...standing will be good but region 5 has been a little weak so that region is really a toss up but the top ten your referring is actually ver good

warick only lost to fort totten last year by like 12 points even when they had there "best player ever"..and they won the oak's tournament @devils lake this past spring..who thought fort totten would be as good as they were last year #1 in state going in to the state playoffs, after looseing littlewind, lovejoy; two really good players..riley decouteau avg. 14 points 10rebs�pre game last season(senior�athlete of the year)�and john gunville avg. around 10 pts..hunt�got hurt last season and sat out about 6 games and dunseith went 5-1 with out him, they�played good teams like�velva, rugby, bottineau..like u said good talent transfers to shiloh (rising sun) few years�ago..�st.john was really competeive last year, they made it to the district championship, in the regular season fort totten had to make a come from behind win against st.john in the 4th quarter lead by returning starter�perisen..� i agree with region 5 being weak, but i think standingrock is the best team, and if they make it to state they will be a top team..the best team dont always go..i know barns county was not the best outa there region last year, and minot wasnt the best outa there region last year either

Minot Ryan was the best team out of there region and will be again this year

hahahhaha not way, kenmare, was better and so was dunseith, and i�woulda bet on velva� beating them,�if velva never blew it in districts

Dude are you on Crack?�� and which of these teams are you on kenmare, dunseith, or velva?

Also Riley Decoteau wasn't Senior athlete of the year for Region 6 - he was only a junior.
Michael Cooper from Westhope-Newburg and Shane Heidel from Kenmare were co senior athletes of the year last year.

Riley decoteau is going to be senior athlete of the year for region 6 in the 2008 season..i think he has a really good chance unless they cheat him outa it..

I disagree! after seeing how he plays in  clutch situations(region championship) i dont think he will, and there are seniors that are just as good if not better then him IMO
baseball4life
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby prosser5 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:42 am

Karl will be ready this year, he will only miss about 3 games.  I talked to Broc today and he said that he was going to play so they will be a big part of our team this year.
prosser5

Postby automatic99 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:48 pm

prosser5 wrote:Karl will be ready this year, he will only miss about 3 games.  I talked to Broc today and he said that he was going to play so they will be a big part of our team this year.

What happened to Lukens?  Did he get smart and decide bad mouthing coaches and players all over the internet was a bad idea?
automatic99
NDPreps Starter

Postby BBall dominator » Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:58 pm

riley decoteau won't get senior athlete dunseith will self-destruct...they are just as talented as anyone in their region but they can never put it all together last year their best chance w/ an awesome guard in hunt w/ double teams not having to worry about him anymore and gunville isn't  exceptional but good around the bucket I don't see them making it to state
Hate my selfishness, Hate my lies, Hate my infidelity, Hate the fact that my high-powered attorneys got me off and humiliated my accuser when I was charged with rape. And hate that I'm loved, because I can shoot a ball.
BBall dominator
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby balla45 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:22 pm

automatic99 wrote:
prosser5 wrote:Karl will be ready this year, he will only miss about 3 games.  I talked to Broc today and he said that he was going to play so they will be a big part of our team this year.

What happened to Lukens?  Did he get smart and decide bad mouthing coaches and players all over the internet was a bad idea?

I'm not going to say that I agree with what they do, but I would rather see a player badmouth other players and coaches and make it known who they are, rather than hiding behind a screen name
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby lightsout » Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:39 pm

If Delorme is as good as Hager, why didnt he start for them last year?
lightsout

Postby automatic99 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:55 pm

lightsout wrote:If Delorme is as good as Hager, why didnt he start for them last year?

I know Delorme was coming off a knee injury from the year before, but I can't imagine he has improved that much.  If he has, they'll have pretty good guard play when Karl gets back.
automatic99
NDPreps Starter

Re:

Postby number33 » Fri Oct 26, 2007 2:48 pm

BBall dominator wrote:riley decoteau won't get senior athlete dunseith will self-destruct...they are just as talented as anyone in their region but they can never put it all together last year their best chance w/ an awesome guard in hunt w/ double teams not having to worry about him anymore and gunville isn't  exceptional but good around the bucket I don't see them making it to state

I think Gunville is alright around the bucket he just didnt get a chance to shine last season because he was always in foul trouble but yeah dunseith should have a decent team this year if not one of the best...
number33
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Re:

Postby BBall dominator » Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:35 pm

number33 wrote:
BBall dominator wrote:riley decoteau won't get senior athlete dunseith will self-destruct...they are just as talented as anyone in their region but they can never put it all together last year their best chance w/ an awesome guard in hunt w/ double teams not having to worry about him anymore and gunville isn't  exceptional but good around the bucket I don't see them making it to state

I think Gunville is alright around the bucket he just didnt get a chance to shine last season because he was always in foul trouble but yeah dunseith should have a decent team this year if not one of the best...

I don't know about one of the best but it wouldn't suprise me if at some point their ranked in the top 10 this season but they crumble in the spotlight they've done it every year
BBall dominator
NDPreps All-Conference

Re: Top ten

Postby RUN & GUN » Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:00 pm

Be careful with dunseith they have potential, but they are way to in love with the 3-ball. They may not even win that district this yr?
RUN & GUN

Re: Top ten

Postby project-pat » Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:22 am

Bowman Co. does not return one coach from last year's staff. They are now headed by Gary Ballard (assistant coach of Bowman's girls team last year, led a few hazen teams to state) and Jeremy Ficek (played on 3 Trinity state tournament teams)
project-pat

PreviousNext

Return to Boys