State Picks

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby lambboy » Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:55 am

With the state tournament coming up this next week i would like to know everybodys thoughts on whose going to win. Personally i think Dickinson Trinity will win but i think May-port has just as good a chance as trinity. i dont want any of those teams to win(i am going for shiloh) but i think it will be one of those two.

What is everybody elses opinion?
lambboy
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndfan » Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:21 pm

MPCG over PBK
Shiloh over Parshall
Trinity over Minot Ryan
Richland over Four Winds

MPCG over Shiloh
Trinity over Richland

MPCG over Trinity

I think that is how the bracket is setup im not 100% sure, if its not post it and all redo it. Lot of the games will be close and could go either way.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndtaterman » Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:33 pm

First Round

PBK

Shilo

Trinity

Richland  (Heard from a couple of retired coaches that these guys are tougher than anybody knows)
ndtaterman
NDPreps Starter

Postby Batman » Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:24 pm

Richland also had a very easy time at the regionals, they could be peaking at the right time.  You could mix and match almost every team and you'd get a great matchup. 

I wonder what the attendance record is for the B and if it's possible to shatter that this year?
Batman
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndfan » Sat Mar 11, 2006 6:40 am

Hey lambboy you should make your picks here, i bet four winds fans would love to see how you see it unfolding.:cool:
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby CLASSB2001 » Sat Mar 11, 2006 7:02 am

MPCG

Parshall

Minot Ryan

Four Winds

MPCG over Ryan for state title
CLASSB2001
NDPreps Reserve

Postby lambboy » Sat Mar 11, 2006 8:02 am

MPCG

Shiloh

trinity

RICHLAND!!

MPCG over shiloh

trinity over richland

trinity over MPCG
lambboy
NDPreps Starter

Postby burner555 » Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:25 am

PBk

Parshall

Ryan

Richland

Ryan over PBK in final
burner555
NDPreps Reserve

Postby sportsfan » Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:58 pm

MPCG over PBK

PARSHALL over SHILOH

TRINITY over RYAN

FOURWINDS over RICHLAND

MPCG over PARSHALL

FOURWINDS over TRINITY

hmmm....... FOURWINDS over MPCG, just because they can run,shoot, and got good defence
sportsfan
NDPreps Rookie

Postby jimmie44 » Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:02 am

PBK over MPCG

Shiloh over Parshall

Trinity over Ryan

Four Winds over Richland

PBK over Shiloh

Trinity over Four Winds

PBK in a nail-biter over Trinity in the 'ship.  They've pulled off too many close ones not to finish on a winning note :strong:
jimmie44
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Y-not Daily » Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:19 am

This is the most stacked tourney I can remember in quite some time.
I think all the first-round matchups are very interesting as well. I think all the first-round matchups are very even and I'd be schocked if there was first-round blowout. I think if Bishop Ryan can get out of the first round, they can win it all, but beating Trinity is no easy task.

First round
MPCG over PBK
Parshall over Shiloh Christian
Bishop Ryan over Dickinson Trinity
Four Winds over Richland

Semis
MPCG over Parshall
Bishop Ryan over Four Winds

Finals
Bishop Ryan over MPCG
Third place
Four Winds over Parshall
Y-not Daily

Postby iknowthis » Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:11 am

MPCG over PBK
Parshall over Shiloh
Minot Ryan over Trinity
Richland over Four Winds

Parshall over MPCG
Minot Ryan over Richland

Parshall Over Minot Ryan

Parshalls to tough To Lose!!!!
iknowthis
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Indians Alumni » Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:56 am

PBK over MPCG

Shiloh over Parshall

Trinity over Ryan

Four Winds over Richland

PBK over Shiloh

FW over Trinity

FW over PBK

Coach Smith Coach of the year!!!!

There is my prediction
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:01 am

PBK

Shiloh

Ryan

4Winds

PBK vs Ryan for championship   PBK wins
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby Ming01 » Tue Mar 14, 2006 1:58 pm

P-B-K over Mayport- Mayport has the expierence, but P-B-K probably has the most athletic team here so I give the nod to them.
Shiloh over Parshall- Shiloh is the hottest team in the state right now, and don't expect it to stop.
Minot Ryan over Trinity- Ryan has the size to overpower a terrific Trinity team.
Richland over Four Winds- Richland has the big game expierence, they all know how to compete and win in big games.

P-B-K over Shiloh- P-B-K's defense will step up and take Shiloh out of it's rhythm.
Minot Ryan over Richland- Once again Ryan's size will get them the win.

Minot Ryan over P-B-K- this will be a great game, hard fought and well played,  I like Ryan in the end.
Last edited by Ming01 on Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndtaterman » Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:04 pm

Indians Alumni,   Wouldn' that be an awesome final.....Two undefeateds in the final.....
Last edited by ndtaterman on Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ndtaterman
NDPreps Starter

Postby timmyg » Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:42 pm

MPCG over PBK
Parshall over Shiloh Christian
Trinity over Minot Ryan
Four Winds over Richland

MPCG over Parshall
Trinity over Four Winds

MPCG over Trinity

MPCG just has the experience here, with EVERY player back from last year, it should be enough to carry them to the title.  Trinity has experience at the state b as well, but MPCG's stingy defense makes them really tough
timmyg
NDPreps Reserve

Postby burner555 » Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:02 pm

i was curious on the mayville playing style.  Are they very patient on offense?  I was looking at thier reigon scores and they looked really low.  Or did the other teams slow the game down?  What ever they are doing it must be effective.
burner555
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Indians Alumni » Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:08 am

ndtaterman wrote:Indians Alumni,   Wouldn' that be an awesome final.....Two undefeateds in the final.....

I think it would be an awesome game!  I think it is [font=Arial]Conceivable [/font]too! 

"Richland over Four Winds- Richland has the big game expierence, they all know how to compete and win in big games." Ming01,   I do believe FW also has big game experience too bad the point margin was 10+ in favor of FW.  I do believe they are still undefeated also!  So I think their game speaks for it self. 
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Ming01 » Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:29 am

Well most of these Richland kids won a state championship in football.   And these Four Wind kids have never played at the state tournament.   You're only saying this because I picked Richland.

Four Winds also didn't play a Delasalle or a Shanley.
Last edited by Ming01 on Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby nativegolfer » Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:40 am

Question:  How is playing Delasalle and getting beat by 43 points a feather in your hat? 
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby Indians Alumni » Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:57 am

Ming01 wrote:Well most of these Richland kids won a state championship in football.   And these Four Wind kids have never played at the state tournament.   You're only saying this because I picked Richland.

Ming01, that has to be the most ignorant statement I've heard yet, They won a state football championship, so that Obviously makes them better contenders in Basketball!  I don't see any logic in your statment!  Richland didn't play Belcourt or Red Lake or Langdon!  Tell me that you are joking!  Your basing your arguement on Richland going to state in football, so that gives them the edge in basketball!!!? 
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby itsallabouteddie » Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:31 am

Indians Alumni wrote:
Ming01 wrote:Well most of these Richland kids won a state championship in football.   And these Four Wind kids have never played at the state tournament.   You're only saying this because I picked Richland.

Ming01, that has to be the most ignorant statement I've heard yet, They won a state football championship, so that Obviously makes them better contenders in Basketball!  I don't see any logic in your statment!  Richland didn't play Belcourt or Red Lake or Langdon!  Tell me that you are joking!  Your basing your arguement on Richland going to state in football, so that gives them the edge in basketball!!!? 

It doesn't give them an edge in basketball, but it gives them an edge in handling the pressure of a big game, and they've actually played games against meaningful teams in meaningful situation, and that includes basketball. Richlands conference was probably tougher than your whole region. Just like MPCG's conference was alot tougher than your whole region.
itsallabouteddie
NDPreps Starter

Postby Indians Alumni » Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:40 am

I don't agree with you on that one!  Handling pressure, these boys have to handle the pressure of everyone telling them they will fail!  Don't act like everyone has not, and you have.  looking at your posts  They have been saying it all along.  Four Winds can't handle the big pressure games, Some said that about regionals, like I stated before, they've been in big games, just won by 10+ points.   

Winning a state title in football has no relevance to winning a state basketball title, just ask Maddock, they've been there in football many times or Lakota!  They've been at the state football game.  Does not mean they have the best basketball team!
Last edited by Indians Alumni on Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Y-not Daily » Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:52 am

itsallabouteddie wrote:
Indians Alumni wrote:

It doesn't give them an edge in basketball, but it gives them an edge in handling the pressure of a big game, and they've actually played games against meaningful teams in meaningful situation, and that includes basketball. Richlands conference was probably tougher than your whole region. Just like MPCG's conference was alot tougher than your whole region.

I agree with Ming on this one. I think playing in a state tournament atmosphere in one sport can be valuable experience in other state tournaments.

The kids from Grand Forks Central basketball team pointed to their run to a title during the football season as being a factor when they defeated Devils Lake in the EDC tourney. They had a story about it in the Grand Forks Herald as part of the Class A preview.

Also, I still don't think you can hang your hat on beating Langdon as a big win. They were an average team this season IMO. Also, Four Winds beat a Class A team while Richland lost to two Class A teams, so that is comparable. JMO.
Y-not Daily

Next

Return to Boys