What region will win state??

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby Sioux » Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:38 pm

With Parshall winning the state tournament last year out of region 8, what region do you guys and gals think will win the region this year..My pick is a repeat with Region 8 .I also think if possible with the brackets it will be a region 7 and 8 Championship. Just my thoughts what are yours?? Who do you think will win it all??
Sioux

Postby heartstopper » Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:10 pm

What are the region matchups for next year anyone know??
heartstopper

Postby cubsfan » Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:37 am

I think region 2 will have a good shot because going through the region some years is harder than going through some of the games at state.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby PA42 » Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:41 am

cubsfan wrote:I think region 2 will have a good shot because going through the region some years is harder than going through some of the games at state.
A team from region 2 has not won the state title since 2003. And honestly i think this region is weaker than it has been the last three or four years. For me there is no way a team from this region will win state. And it seems like some years having such tough competition in regionals can cause burnout.
PA42

Postby evancounts » Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:51 am

a region 6 team will win state and when i say a region 6 team i mean minot ryan haha
evancounts
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Free Hugs » Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:27 pm

Lamoure will win state, so what ever region they are in.
Last edited by Free Hugs on Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Free Hugs

Postby bballfan_05 » Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:23 pm

Free Hugs wrote:Lamoure will win state, so what ever region they are in.

Region 3
bballfan_05
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndsportsfan14 » Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:43 pm

bballfan_05 wrote:

Region 3

LaMoure will Choke in the State Tourney they will have all the playmakers but wont show up when it counts kinna like PBK couple yrs ago i say they choke at state!!!
Last edited by ndsportsfan14 on Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ndsportsfan14
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball » Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:19 pm

ndsportsfan14 wrote:
bballfan_05 wrote:

Region 3

LaMoure will Choke in the State Tourney they will have all the playmakers but wont show up when it counts kinna like PBK couple yrs ago i say they choke at state!!!

PBK played Mayport first round.....I wouldnt call that choking when you play the best defensive team in the state and only have 2 proven scorers.  its either going to be Lamoure or Linton, i know they are inexperianced but Purintun can play and Carr with come up with some sort of plan
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby baller01 » Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:50 pm

baseball wrote:
ndsportsfan14 wrote:
bballfan_05 wrote:

Region 3

PBK played Mayport first round.....I wouldnt call that choking when you play the best defensive team in the state and only have 2 proven scorers.  its either going to be Lamoure or Linton, i know they are inexperianced but Purintun can play and Carr with come up with some sort of plan

I have to disagree. I think it will be between LaMoure and Strasburg. Strasburg returns 6 or 7 guys that played a ton last year and they only lost there 7th man off last years team. There sophomores will be much improved from last year as freshmen. Linton only returns 2 starters. Sure they have a genious coach but I think Strasburg will be playing LaMoure on championship night.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby project-pat » Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:39 pm

Bowman has a new head coach in Gary Ballard. Assistant of Kent Harding last year on the girls side...took a few girls teams from hazen to state. better watch out guys
project-pat

Postby Free Hugs » Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:01 pm

i totally agree, but i would have to say one team that could make a big run this year in that region is the South Border Mustangs
Free Hugs

Postby ndfbfan » Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:26 pm

project-pat wrote:Bowman has a new head coach in Gary Ballard. Assistant of Kent Harding last year on the girls side...took a few girls teams from hazen to state. better watch out guys

what happened to Tyler Senn?? And didn't Nick Walker want the job? What was the situation there?
ndfbfan

Postby project-pat » Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:40 pm

ndfbfan wrote:
project-pat wrote:Bowman has a new head coach in Gary Ballard. Assistant of Kent Harding last year on the girls side...took a few girls teams from hazen to state. better watch out guys

what happened to Tyler Senn?? And didn't Nick Walker want the job? What was the situation there?

Senn got promoted to AD, and I'm not positive on this but I think walker turned it down since he is already so busy at the school, don't quote me on that.
project-pat

Postby K-P-22 » Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:08 am

haha evan ur dumb...u know dunseith gots it in the books..i meen they have everybody back except hunt an they also got other players like tyler allory who play 4a an started an ryan wallette who also is very good an those two big huge post players riley an john..plus there sixth man jeremy p who can shoot the three ball at will...so i think dunseith
K-P-22
NDPreps Rookie

Postby baseball4life » Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:08 am

K-P-22 wrote:haha evan ur dumb...u know dunseith gots it in the books..i meen they have everybody back except hunt an they also got other players like tyler allory who play 4a an started an ryan wallette who also is very good an those two big huge post players riley an john..plus there sixth man jeremy p who can shoot the three ball at will...so i think dunseith
All i can say to this idiotic post is WOW!
baseball4life
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Hunterlaf » Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:53 am

Regoin 8 will walk away again this year i mean parshall so what if they lose the bubba's so what there still a good team.
Hunterlaf
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby trackster » Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:41 pm

My vote is for Minot Ryan. They only lost 2 players last year and lost to the second place team(D.T.) and then barley lost to 3rd place.
trackster
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndsportsfan14 » Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:33 pm

It's a little to early to be talking about this! but my guess would be minot ryan to be in championship game
ndsportsfan14
NDPreps All-State

Postby BB11 » Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:46 am

I would also say it would be Ryan vs. Watford if it happens to match up that way in state where they could play in the championship.
"As God as my witness, I thought Turkeys could fly."
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Postby Free Hugs » Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:24 pm

im gonna say that it will be Ryan and LaMoure in the championship with Ryan winning it all
Free Hugs

Postby baseball » Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:31 pm

Free Hugs wrote:im gonna say that it will be Ryan and LaMoure in the championship with Ryan winning it all

before lamoure is predicted to be in the title game they have to get the monkey off their back and actually make state
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Roughrider » Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:54 am

im going to have to say Region 7. killdeer, mott-regent and dickinson trinity are going to be tough
GO SIOUX GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Roughrider
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby straightballer » Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:22 pm

Roughrider wrote:im going to have to say Region 7. killdeer, mott-regent and dickinson trinity are going to be tough

R u kidding trinity lost everything, ya they have great coaching but they lost a lot and morey cant carry the whole load. Killdeer only has Dufault even if he scores 40 a game the team will only get around 50. Mott is going to be a very tough team to beat and dont forget about Hazen they have Sorenson, Marshall, and the best point guard in the state in Erhart. I pick Hazen to win it all.
straightballer

Postby baseball » Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:32 pm

straightballer wrote:
Roughrider wrote:im going to have to say Region 7. killdeer, mott-regent and dickinson trinity are going to be tough

R u kidding trinity lost everything, ya they have great coaching but they lost a lot and morey cant carry the whole load. Killdeer only has Dufault even if he scores 40 a game the team will only get around 50. Mott is going to be a very tough team to beat and dont forget about Hazen they have Sorenson, Marshall, and the best point guard in the state in Erhart. I pick Hazen to win it all.

when was the last year Trinity didnt lose everything?? and they always come back
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Next

Return to Boys