All State Players

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby cdub1 » Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:59 pm

baseball wrote:
lightning wrote:Opinion neone think randall could be up there....or morey...i no only sophs but they both pretty tough.....

i think they both need another year to progess to be brought in to the all state conversation althought they probably are the top2 of that class.  the big thing for Randall is how will he do without Bakkum??

ii think randall could make all state...he will need to step up big and could be a 23 and 10 type of player next year...just my opinion though

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby rep » Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:04 pm

cdub1 wrote:
baseball wrote:
lightning wrote:Opinion neone think randall could be up there....or morey...i no only sophs but they both pretty tough.....

i think they both need another year to progess to be brought in to the all state conversation althought they probably are the top2 of that class.  the big thing for Randall is how will he do without Bakkum??

ii think randall could make all state...he will need to step up big and could be a 23 and 10 type of player next year...just my opinion though

one thing he really has going for him is his defense, too...solid one-on-one defender, and that was as a sophomore going against older kids. he'll only get better the older he gets.
rep

Postby lightning » Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:10 pm

As, to how randall will do without bakkum......one thing that he has developed over the summer more then nething is a deadly pull up.....about his defense still solid one thing that always sticks in my mind he blocked brandenburg 3 to 4 times last year on a 15 foot pull up........also rep he was a fresh last year :o)
lightning
NDPreps Starter

Postby rep » Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:13 pm

lightning wrote:As, to how randall will do without bakkum......one thing that he has developed over the summer more then nething is a deadly pull up.....about his defense still solid one thing that always sticks in my mind he blocked brandenburg 3 to 4 times last year on a 15 foot pull up........also rep he was a fresh last year :o)

details details details
rep

Postby baseball » Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:49 pm

lightning wrote:As, to how randall will do without bakkum......one thing that he has developed over the summer more then nething is a deadly pull up.....about his defense still solid one thing that always sticks in my mind he blocked brandenburg 3 to 4 times last year on a 15 foot pull up........also rep he was a fresh last year :o)

has he added arch on his outside shot?  over the season last year i noticed that the games he struggled the more he missed the less arch his shot got so if he has consistant arch from the outside he will be tough i just dont know who is going to support him
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby bballuvr » Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:19 pm

Randall is very fine player. He seems to have a real good temperament. [sp] He is solid fundamentally and has excellent court presence. He will be a very enjoyable player to watch over the years.

I've only seen Morrey a few times, but he is the real deal. Good size and plays hard and confident.

Don't often see sophomores on all state. Certainly at least two of the players to watch over the next three years.
bballuvr
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby chuckles noris » Sat Aug 25, 2007 1:21 pm

adam burckhard of minot ryan is amazing and should be alstate and maybe mr. basketball this year...
chuckles noris
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baseball » Sat Aug 25, 2007 1:48 pm

chuckles noris wrote:adam burckhard of minot ryan is amazing and should be alstate and maybe mr. basketball this year...

talkin yourself up a lil bit?
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby project-pat » Sat Aug 25, 2007 2:40 pm

alex wolf from bowman should have a great chance of making the 2nd team, he will be a force this year.
project-pat

Postby Big Ticket » Sat Aug 25, 2007 9:10 pm

project-pat wrote:alex wolf from bowman should have a great chance of making the 2nd team, he will be a force this year.

I agree, you also have to consider evan nelson from turtle lake he averaged 16 last year and this year he will improve.
Big Ticket
NDPreps Starter

Postby basketballer » Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:04 pm

baseball wrote:
bballuvr wrote:Thats a pretty bold statement. I would not go by what you've seen of Shockman before. He has a lot more ability that you apparently think he has. He may not play any better this year and make the 7th team, but I wouldn't bet on him underperforming again this year. He has matured as any young player will from sophomore to senior year, and that maturity might reveal itself in significantly improved play.

Holen is real tough. If he comes through a little more in some big games with more physical defenders, he will be one of the better players in the state.

Just wouldn't write Shockman off that quickly.

i also remember this hype last year that Shockman was going to be this great player and i honestly didnt see any improvement from his sophomore year

he had to play a whole different role without arndt. he couldnt the same stuff. he is played very well in aau this summer. he is practicing everyday after school. he is a good possibility for 1st team.

as for the no improvement part. you gotta be kidding. he had the best shooting percentage on the team and had to switch styles of play. he did improve a lot imo. there is more to the game than scoring. he started guarding the big guys. he also became way more disciplined on the defensive side.

and for the hype last year. well. we were wrong, but i am going to hype him up again cuz i think he will play up to it this year.but, we will have to wait and see.
Last edited by basketballer on Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
basketballer

Re: All State Players

Postby jtdc492 » Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:25 pm

For Malzer to make it he'll need to step it up. His supporting cast isn't the best, so he'll be looked to for most of the offense. He'll may also draw a double team much of the time due to the lack of support from team. I don't know if he's got it.
jtdc492
NDPreps All-State

Postby King James » Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:17 pm

malzer will make it hes so quick and has a great crossover he just needs to quicken up his shot and develop more of a mid range game
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Re:

Postby luckyinlife » Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:56 pm

BballFan1307 wrote:what about carlblom?

Carlblom should be on everyone's radar. It will be an excellent matchup between him and Shockman when they meet up in December. One or both should be all-staters this year.

One more thing, people who score a lot of points may make the newspapers, but they don't deserve to be picked to be on all state unless they play hard on both ends of the court. Both of the guys named above play hard on both ends.
luckyinlife
NDPreps Starter

Postby vikes123 » Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:14 am

Austin Vetter 1st team
Brooks Backes 2nd team
Lucas Bloms 2nd team
from District 12
vikes123

Postby luckyinlife » Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:01 pm

Alright guys, it'w time to go back and review some of the posts made on this thread in the preseason and see who knew what they were talking about and who didn't. Any players out there that should be added to the list now that the season is half over?
luckyinlife
NDPreps Starter

Postby Iron Scope » Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:18 am

Both Adam Randall of Steele-Dawson and Caleb Shockman of LaMoure deserve to stay on the discussion. That is what I have seen in the Region 3 area so far. As for Purintun...I haven't seen him play yet.
Iron Scope

Postby east5840 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:23 pm

Logan Carlblom from lisbon is playing really good on both ends of the floor and is also a team leader. he should be considered for the all-state team along with Shockman, Marshall, Vetter, and Mauch.
east5840
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baseball » Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:03 pm

Iron Scope wrote:Both Adam Randall of Steele-Dawson and Caleb Shockman of LaMoure deserve to stay on the discussion. That is what I have seen in the Region 3 area so far. As for Purintun...I haven't seen him play yet.

I agree that these two are making a solid statement that they deserve atleast 2nd team. I don't see Randall on first team just because hes a sophomore but i wouldnt be suprised to see Shockman on the 1st team
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby King James » Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:08 pm

Purintum isn't going to have the stats to get the votes i dont think hes even averaging 17 points a nite when ever i look in the paper hes 14, 17, 15,12 and he'll get in the 20's occasionaly
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Re:

Postby Sioux » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:15 pm

project-pat wrote:alex wolf from bowman should have a great chance of making the 2nd team, he will be a force this year.

NO>> Way to many others out there..Good player but not a all stater..my opinion..
Sioux

Re:

Postby Sioux » Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:08 pm

HERE IT IS PROJECT??
Sioux

Postby project-pat » Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:09 pm

oh....thank you...
project-pat

Postby bballfan_05 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:06 am

Iron Scope wrote:Both Adam Randall of Steele-Dawson and Caleb Shockman of LaMoure deserve to stay on the discussion. That is what I have seen in the Region 3 area so far. As for Purintun...I haven't seen him play yet.

I'd have to agree with the first two on this one.
Last edited by bballfan_05 on Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
bballfan_05
NDPreps All-State

Postby MGUNVILLE » Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:35 am

Tyler Allery of Dunseith should be mentioned. He is averaging around 18 points per game and rebounding very well. He is probably one of the better defensive players in the state. Also Haagenson from Leeds Minnewaukin has to be ranked right up their.
MGUNVILLE

PreviousNext

Return to Boys