Freshman

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby basketballer » Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:02 am

are their any freshman that could make an  impact on their team?
basketballer

Postby Ball Till I Fall » Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:08 pm

basketballer wrote:are their any freshman that could make an  impact on their team?

Chase Monson - Carrington

Chuck Love Joy - 4 Winds
Ball Till I Fall

Postby basketballer » Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:12 pm

i think there was a 8th grader kelsey larson playing jv last year from linton. idk if he is going to be varsity though.
basketballer

Postby baller01 » Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:20 pm

basketballer wrote:i think there was a 8th grader kelsey larson playing jv last year from linton. idk if he is going to be varsity though.

He will get good minutes next year. He is a very good player. He's looking at probably 6th or 7th man next year depending on the situation. Has a great shot and drives to the hole real strong. He's really aggressive against kids around his age he just needs to become a little more aggressive against older players and that will come with experience.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball » Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:23 pm

baller01 wrote:
basketballer wrote:i think there was a 8th grader kelsey larson playing jv last year from linton. idk if he is going to be varsity though.

He will get good minutes next year. He is a very good player. He's looking at probably 6th or 7th man next year depending on the situation. Has a great shot and drives to the hole real strong. He's really aggressive against kids around his age he just needs to become a little more aggressive against older players and that will come with experience.

it was wierd seeing him actually on the court last year haha.....hes been the teams waterboy ro soemthing since he was like 4 haha
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby lightning » Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:23 pm

baller01 wrote:

Om, i played against kelsey larson last year on jv personally i didnt think he was all that  good hes a pretty good shooter but i dont think he drove the lane very strong.
Then again hes had a whole summer and if i remember right his dad is one of the assistants so im sure he worked hard.
lightning
NDPreps Starter

Postby baller01 » Sat Aug 04, 2007 6:57 am

lightning wrote:
baller01 wrote:

Om, i played against kelsey larson last year on jv personally i didnt think he was all that  good hes a pretty good shooter but i dont think he drove the lane very strong.
Then again hes had a whole summer and if i remember right his dad is one of the assistants so im sure he worked hard.

Ya he's lifted real hard all summer. He's gotten a lot stronger in his lower body.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Nodak Guy » Sat Aug 04, 2007 6:12 pm

I remember watching a JH team from Solen last year putting up 100 points on some other town's freshman/sophomore teams.  They were quick and throwing up a ton of shots. 
Nodak Guy
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby BballFan1307 » Sun Aug 05, 2007 1:28 pm

i dont think this years freshman will come even close to last years....Bartlet, MOrrey, Randal, HEinze, etc. 
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndlionsfan » Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:44 am

Ball Till I Fall wrote:
basketballer wrote:are their any freshman that could make an  impact on their team?

Chase Monson - Carrington

Chuck Love Joy - 4 Winds

He's got at least 2 more years before he makes an impact.  He's a big kid, but doesn't like contact and plays outside.  He needs to get a lot stronger to play down low or increase his foot quickness to play outside. 
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby jackiechan100 » Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:40 am

Not True i played him on trveling team he is a Ok but not outstanding
jackiechan100

Postby sportsmarketing20 » Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:55 pm

david schulz
sportsmarketing20
NDPreps Starter

Postby Soulja_Boy2223 » Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:16 am

BballFan1307 wrote:i dont think this years freshman will come even close to last years....Bartlet, MOrrey, Randal, HEinze, etc. 

i agree
Soulja_Boy2223
NDPreps Reserve

Postby basketballer » Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:32 am

sportsmarketing20 wrote:david schulz

where is he from?
basketballer

Postby PA42 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:01 am

BballFan1307 wrote:i dont think this years freshman will come even close to last years....Bartlet, MOrrey, Randal, HEinze, etc. 

come on man, it is impossible to compare freshman classes until we are at least half way through the year. I love basketball but not even I attend a lot of eight grade basketball games to check out the prospects. All I know is that Cavalier have a couple of young bucks that saw varsity action as eigth graders.
PA42

Postby BballFan1307 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:27 am

ya man, thats how i k new about these guys as 8th graders...they saw legitimite minutes on the varsity and jv levels....i didnt see many 8th graders out there last year on jv or varsity
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball » Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:07 am

BballFan1307 wrote:ya man, thats how i k new about these guys as 8th graders...they saw legitimite minutes on the varsity and jv levels....i didnt see many 8th graders out there last year on jv or varsity

did Morrey play as an 8th grader at Trinity?? cuz i know for a fact Randall never saw one minute of playing time at the varsity or jv level as an 8th grader
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby baller01 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:30 pm

This is how it is every year. Couple years ago everyone said that the freshmen class of Randall and Morey wouldn't compare to the class of Marshall and Malzer. And look, they were just as good. Now everyone is saying this class isn't going to measure up to Randall and Morey. Give them time. I'm sure half way through the year there will be a couple.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby classb_fan00 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:28 pm

baseball wrote:
BballFan1307 wrote:ya man, thats how i k new about these guys as 8th graders...they saw legitimite minutes on the varsity and jv levels....i didnt see many 8th graders out there last year on jv or varsity

did Morrey play as an 8th grader at Trinity?? cuz i know for a fact Randall never saw one minute of playing time at the varsity or jv level as an 8th grader

heinze and bartlett both played alot of varsity as 8th graders.
I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me.
Larry Bird
classb_fan00
NDPreps All-Conference

Return to Boys