Memories

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby ndsbest44 » Sun May 27, 2007 10:45 am

What are some memories or some of the things that stick out from the past season in classb?
ndsbest44
NDPreps Starter

Postby cdub1 » Sun May 27, 2007 11:26 am

packineaus dominating the state tournament "4 point play"

mauch with the dunks

mark bakkum rainin 3's

morey and randall give the name freshman a new definition

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby BBall dominator » Sun May 27, 2007 1:08 pm

I'm pretty sure alot of players have given the term freshman a new definition haha very original only hear it every other about a college freshman or rookie haha............The state tournament was great this year as w/ almost every other year great championship game
Hate my selfishness, Hate my lies, Hate my infidelity, Hate the fact that my high-powered attorneys got me off and humiliated my accuser when I was charged with rape. And hate that I'm loved, because I can shoot a ball.
BBall dominator
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball » Sun May 27, 2007 5:20 pm

that is true that the freshman definition didnt change that much, but its been a while since the state as seen such young talent in the Freshman (Randall, Morey) and Sophomore (Purintun, Marshall) classes, gonna be fun to watch them the next 2-3 years
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Tu-Big » Wed May 30, 2007 7:08 pm

I agree, i think jake wheeling had a better freshman year than morey did and he didnt have the type of talent that those teams had and he led his team out of the first round of regionals. He averaged around 15 a game as a frosh, if anyone saw him play his freshman year i think you would agree with me, especially in the regional tournament that year. I didnt see Randall play this year but ive heard good things, Im not disrespecting Morey or Randall though at all for their play, both are very good players and have incredibly bright futures.
Tu-Big

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Thu May 31, 2007 12:39 pm

Barnes county knocking off Linton for the region title was a huge deal for the small communities, they will have those memories for many years to come.

The hype and anticipation of the Hankinson, Lisbon regualr season match up was also a big deal.

"One thing you have to remember Bobby, soccer was invented in europe by women, so they would have something to do while the men stayed home and did the dishes"
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby Aaronih » Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:21 am

4 winds going back 2 state when they were ranked like 37th in state n finishing#1 in tha polls n getting tha best record in state isn't to shabby i guess givin they only had 1 returning starter..
be a leader not a follower..
Aaronih
NDPreps Starter

Postby project-pat » Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:14 am

Aaronih wrote:4 winds going back 2 state when they were ranked like 37th in state n finishing#1 in tha polls n getting tha best record in state isn't to shabby i guess givin they only had 1 returning starter..

i was waiting for someone to mention this
project-pat

Postby Sports guy » Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:52 pm

GRIDIRON GURU wrote:Barnes county knocking off Linton for the region title was a huge deal for the small communities, they will have those memories for many years to come.

The hype and anticipation of the Hankinson, Lisbon regualr season match up was also a big deal.

That was a big deal for all the small communities. I don't think any one will forget that game or the Districts and the Region tournaments.
Sports guy
NDPreps Starter

Postby sportsguy2 » Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:46 pm

I'll stick with District 5 and say that I've never seen anything like when BCN brought the wrong color of jerseys to the District tournament and ended up wearing LMM's jerseys that had already been worn 2 games before. Even the mascot wore a Rebel jersey. I'd never seen anything like it before and I'll remember that
sportsguy2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball » Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:05 pm

sportsguy2 wrote:I'll stick with District 5 and say that I've never seen anything like when BCN brought the wrong color of jerseys to the District tournament and ended up wearing LMM's jerseys that had already been worn 2 games before. Even the mascot wore a Rebel jersey. I'd never seen anything like it before and I'll remember that

the team that represents that region in state doenst even know what jerseys to bring.....haha gotta love it
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby rep » Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:11 pm

that was actually a fairly honest mistake...i can't remember who they were playing offhand, kulm maybe after they beat ellendale? anyway, bcn was the higher seed, so they thought that would make them the home team. but the tournament was set up so that the team on the top of the bracket for each game (in this case bcn) was the away team. i dunno, i got where they were coming from, but it was still pretty odd watching them with different colors and what not. also, it made it tough to i.d. photos after the game, trying to match up players to names with the wrong numbered jersey. just another wacky night at the civic.
rep

Postby rkmt » Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:47 pm

sportsguy2 wrote:I'll stick with District 5 and say that I've never seen anything like when BCN brought the wrong color of jerseys to the District tournament and ended up wearing LMM's jerseys that had already been worn 2 games before. Even the mascot wore a Rebel jersey. I'd never seen anything like it before and I'll remember that

Thank you.  I was really confused when I saw a picture in the Jmst Sun but I never knew the story behind it.
rkmt
NDPreps Starter

Postby Sports guy » Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:55 pm

rkmt wrote:

Thank you.  I was really confused when I saw a picture in the Jmst Sun but I never knew the story behind it.

Ha that just shows ya, you can have the coach of the year in class B. beat a legend in Dan Carr and then you tell your players the wrong jersey to bring, in just one mouth. Nothing better. Schaffer was a good coach nothing agianst him, its just funny
Sports guy
NDPreps Starter

Postby ahhhh » Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:02 pm

hes good coach
ahhhh

Postby baller01 » Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:58 pm

Sports guy wrote:
rkmt wrote:

Ha that just shows ya, you can have the coach of the year in class B. beat a legend in Dan Carr and then you tell your players the wrong jersey to bring, in just one mouth. Nothing better. Schaffer was a good coach nothing agianst him, its just funny

I don't know if he exactly out coached and beat Dan Carr. More like BCN just out played Linton. Schaffer's team had a very nice run at the end of the year. Remember they struggled for most of the year. Not taking anything away from him because obviously he musta done something right. But there was a reason that WTPR (the team he coached before) let him go after just a couple years. Take Sizer off that team and that whole team has troubles. No matter who coaches.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby classb_fan00 » Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:52 pm

baller01 wrote:
Sports guy wrote:
rkmt wrote:
sportsguy2 wrote:I'll stick with District 5 and say that I've never seen anything like when BCN brought the wrong color of jerseys to the District tournament and ended up wearing LMM's jerseys that had already been worn 2 games before. Even the mascot wore a Rebel jersey. I'd never seen anything like it before and I'll remember tha

I don't know if he exactly out coached and beat Dan Carr. More like BCN just out played Linton. Schaffer's team had a very nice run at the end of the year. Remember they struggled for most of the year. Not taking anything away from him because obviously he musta done something right. But there was a reason that WTPR (the team he coached before) let him go after just a couple years. Take Sizer off that team and that whole team has troubles. No matter who coaches.
take the 2 freshman off that team and they struggle also.
I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me.
Larry Bird
classb_fan00
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball » Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:15 pm

take bakkum and randall off steele and they struggle,  take holen and shockman away from lamoure and they struggle.....is doesnt matter what team it is if you take 2 or 3 of the best players off they are going to struggle....
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby baller01 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:17 am

classb_fan00 wrote:
baller01 wrote:
Sports guy wrote:
rkmt wrote:
sportsguy2 wrote:I'll stick with District 5 and say that I've never seen anything like when BCN brought the wrong color of jerseys to the District tournament and ended up wearing LMM's jerseys that had already been worn 2 games before. Even the mascot wore a Rebel jersey. I'd never seen anything like it before and I'll remember tha

take the 2 freshman off that team and they struggle also.

You can stick two retards that all they can do is pass the ball on that team and they still woulda been successful. Not nearly as good as they were because Bartlett and Heinze did a great job for them this past year. I'm just saying that in that regional championship game it was more so Beau Sizer dominating then Schaffer out coaching Carr.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby whitemencanjump » Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:45 am

Another good one was jacob erhardt hitting his running three at the buzzer to beat trinity in the district championship
whitemencanjump
NDPreps Rookie

Postby run-n-gun » Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:41 am

Aaronih wrote:4 winds going back 2 state when they were ranked like 37th in state n finishing#1 in tha polls n getting tha best record in state isn't to shabby i guess givin they only had 1 returning starter..

Ya a team for the ages. Psshhhh. Especially after getting eliminated in the first round of state.
run-n-gun
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Aaronih » Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:29 am

THAS BIASED THEY OVER ACHEIVED THIS YR AND HAD AN ALL STATER. U SHOULD HAVE SEEN REGIONALS ESPECIALLY THA TITLE GAME WHERE TONY PUT THE BOYZ ON HIS BACK AND SENT US BACK 2 STATE..I'M JUST TRYIN TO REMEMBER THE GOOD THINGS NOT BADD FROM LAST YEAR.. NICE SPORTSMANSHIP U HAVE. an oh yea tha boyz knew how 2 RUN-N-GUN....
Last edited by Aaronih on Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
be a leader not a follower..
Aaronih
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball » Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:10 pm

run-n-gun wrote:

Ya a team for the ages. Psshhhh. Especially after getting eliminated in the first round of state.

well Aaron (ironheart im guessing...with the ih and all) i will remember all of the talk on this site about how great four winds was and with all the hype entering the state tourney they couldnt back it up
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby PA42 » Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:33 pm

but in four winds defense they made it to state again with a less talented team. how many teams do we see get talked up on this board a day and don't make regionals. They faced a very good team and got beat. but at least they made it to state.
PA42

Postby baseball » Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:49 pm

i dont consider "watch out for so and so" so much as talking a team up rather then a player on a bad team just being stupid.  but four winds fans were talking about how they were gonna roll through state and win it without a problem and didnt even think any game would be close
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Next

Return to Boys