Preseason Poll

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby jumpshot22 » Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:21 am

REGION 3

District 5
#1 Lamoure-This team should be preseason favorite in the District-the Region and I pick them to be a top 5 team in the polls to start the season. Look for Holen and Shockman to lead this team next year.Team wins 20+ games next season.
#2 BCN-After coming off an amazing 06-07 campaign where this team won the district and region titles-look for this team to still compete next year as one of the top teams in the district and region. They do lose Beau Sizer aka Mr. Everything- but this team returns a great nucleus of players including Tucker Bartlett-Kyle Heinze and Brock Anderson. Look for this team to battle Lamoure once again next year. I see this team winning 12-15 games next season.

District 6
#1 Linton
#2 Strasburg
I am not very familiar with the district 6 teams but looking back on this past season- I have no problems stating that Linton will be the top team in District 6 next year. They return a tremendous player in Puritun- and of course their veteran coach Dan Carr. I predict this team to win 20+ games next year and battle Lamoure for the Region Championship next year in Jamestown. Not to put a jinx on this game-but Lamoure has lost every time Linton and Lamoure have played each other for the right to go to the state tournament.
Strasburg was a pretty young team last season but put together a great run all the way into the Region Tournament. Look for this team to make some noise once again next year and battle Linton for the top spot in District 6. I predict this team winning 15-17 games next season.

Region 3 Poll
#1 Lamoure
#2 Linton
#3 Strasburg
#4 BCN

Preseason State Poll
#4 Lamoure  #10 Linton
jumpshot22

Postby sportsguy2 » Sun Apr 22, 2007 12:49 pm

BCN does have Bartlett, Heinze, and Anderson...but after that i dont see much..they'll be alright but with only 3 quality starters returning and seeing their B-squad play this past year i didn't see very many varsity ready players
sportsguy2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball » Sun Apr 22, 2007 2:02 pm

sportsguy2 wrote:BCN does have Bartlett, Heinze, and Anderson...but after that i dont see much..they'll be alright but with only 3 quality starters returning and seeing their B-squad play this past year i didn't see very many varsity ready players

last year they only had 1 quality starter in most people's eyes
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby classb_fan00 » Sun Apr 22, 2007 5:03 pm

baseball wrote:
sportsguy2 wrote:BCN does have Bartlett, Heinze, and Anderson...but after that i dont see much..they'll be alright but with only 3 quality starters returning and seeing their B-squad play this past year i didn't see very many varsity ready players

I don't think they would've got as far as they did if they only had one quality starter.
Last edited by classb_fan00 on Sun Apr 22, 2007 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me.
Larry Bird
classb_fan00
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby The Schwab » Sun Apr 22, 2007 5:05 pm

classb_fan00 wrote:
baseball wrote:

I don't think they would've got as far as they did if they only had one quality starter.
I dont think they would have got out of the district without that one player.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby cdub1 » Sun Apr 22, 2007 5:05 pm

classb_fan00 wrote:
baseball wrote:

watching them play at state i would say they had 2 good players (couldn't give you names)

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baller01 » Sun Apr 22, 2007 6:40 pm

jumpshot22 wrote:REGION 3

District 5
#1 Lamoure-This team should be preseason favorite in the District-the Region and I pick them to be a top 5 team in the polls to start the season. Look for Holen and Shockman to lead this team next year.Team wins 20+ games next season.
#2 BCN-After coming off an amazing 06-07 campaign where this team won the district and region titles-look for this team to still compete next year as one of the top teams in the district and region. They do lose Beau Sizer aka Mr. Everything- but this team returns a great nucleus of players including Tucker Bartlett-Kyle Heinze and Brock Anderson. Look for this team to battle Lamoure once again next year. I see this team winning 12-15 games next season.

District 6
#1 Linton
#2 Strasburg
I am not very familiar with the district 6 teams but looking back on this past season- I have no problems stating that Linton will be the top team in District 6 next year. They return a tremendous player in Puritun- and of course their veteran coach Dan Carr. I predict this team to win 20+ games next year and battle Lamoure for the Region Championship next year in Jamestown. Not to put a jinx on this game-but Lamoure has lost every time Linton and Lamoure have played each other for the right to go to the state tournament.
Strasburg was a pretty young team last season but put together a great run all the way into the Region Tournament. Look for this team to make some noise once again next year and battle Linton for the top spot in District 6. I predict this team winning 15-17 games next season.

Region 3 Poll
#1 Lamoure
#2 Linton
#3 Strasburg
#4 BCN

Preseason State Poll
#4 Lamoure  #10 Linton

First off I think we need to give some more credit to Bartlett and Heinze. It was unfortuante that they didn't have a very good state tournament but it's hard to expect much from freshmen in a stage like that. There is a lot of pressure there and it gets to most frosh. People say they didn't do much this year but that's because they didn't have to. When you have a player that can score 25-30 a night, you don't need to shoot and score much and your main job is to get him the ball which they did a great job of doing. I think both of them will average about 15 next year for the Bison and if they get a couple more players to step up, watch out for them.

As for the preseason state poll, I'm curious how you have Linton at #10. After losing 3 senior starters and 5 overall, they only have 2 players returning. Yes they do have one of the top coaches in the state but you also need players and they don't have that. Top 25 maybe, MAYBE. But even that is pushing it.

1. LaMoure
2. Strasburg
3. Linton
4. BCN
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby cdub1 » Sun Apr 22, 2007 6:49 pm

baller01 wrote:
jumpshot22 wrote:REGION 3

District 5

District 6
#1 Linton
#2 Strasburg

Region 3 Poll
#1 Lamoure
#2 Linton
#3 Strasburg
#4 BCN

Preseason State Poll
#4 Lamoure  #10 Linton

First off I think we need to give some more credit to Bartlett and Heinze. It was unfortuante that they didn't have a very good state tournament but it's hard to expect much from freshmen in a stage like that. There is a lot of pressure there and it gets to most frosh. People say they didn't do much this year but that's because they didn't have to. When you have a player that can score 25-30 a night, you don't need to shoot and score much and your main job is to get him the ball which they did a great job of doing. I think both of them will average about 15 next year for the Bison and if they get a couple more players to step up, watch out for them.

As for the preseason state poll, I'm curious how you have Linton at #10. After losing 3 senior starters and 5 overall, they only have 2 players returning. Yes they do have one of the top coaches in the state but you also need players and they don't have that. Top 25 maybe, MAYBE. But even that is pushing it.

1. LaMoure
2. Strasburg
3. Linton
4. BCN

i would have linton up around the top 10 returning one of the best players in the state in purintun

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Return to Boys